Value of: Landeskog to Ottawa

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
It most likely starts with Chabot+17 1st+.

Unless they're willing to settle for Englund or Jaros, pass.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Two bluechipers? Hardly. 1 and a pick. I can't even recall a trade like this in recent memory

Probably too much value from the sens.

As for comparable trades. ROR is the one that makes the most sense to compare.

Avs got a blue-chipper, a 2nd (31st overall) a good prospect and a reclamation project.

But then again, ROR was 1 year from UFA with a huge salary demand.

Landeskog and his contract are surely more valuable. Considering the avs management that made the ROR deal is still there, it would make sense that they would expect more value.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
if you feel like searching for an old post of mine in a previous thread (about a year ago), there was a Landeskog for Hoffman thread done and I called Landeskog as very over-rated offensively and still believe in that statement... so PASS for OTT
(he's still good defensively and have leadership though)

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Honestly I think Ceci+1st would be good enough to get Landeskog. Cecil is young and despite the fact that he hasn't played like a top pairing D-man he should be good enough to get Landeskog with a 1st. I don't think the Sens want to part with Chabot, but it might take him.

Lazar has been playing well but will probably top of as a good 3rd line center.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Honestly I think Ceci+1st would be good enough to get Landeskog. Cecil is young and despite the fact that he hasn't played like a top pairing D-man he should be good enough to get Landeskog with a 1st. I don't think the Sens want to part with Chabot, but it might take him.

Lazar has been playing well but will probably top of as a good 3rd line center.

Not even close.

Ceci is a 5th defender and a mid/late 1st rounder is next to nothing.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Not even close.

Ceci is a 5th defender and a mid/late 1st rounder is next to nothing.

Ceci plays over 23 minutes a game. Is that a 5th D-man in Colorado? If so, your defence must be amazing!

Landeskog is nothing special, I like him, but he's a ~60 point player with 'intangibles'. A 23 minute 2nd pairing D-man and a first seems like fair value to me personally.

That said, I don't think Landeskog is at all the type of player Ottawa should be after. Duchene is the guy, if anything. A game breaker, big time scoring forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad