GDT: Lamentably, it is yet another Washington Capitals Gameday (8:30 PM in Calgary)

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
My friend in the other room was relaying information to me. Didn't watch a second of the game!

I've been busy playing Final Fantasy 7: Remake: Part 2: Rebirth.
And hopefully drinking something strong and delicious on a Monday night.

Reactions: twabby

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
And hopefully drinking something strong and delicious on a Monday night.

A Meadowfoam traditional mead with a slice of cheesecake actually. Meadowfoam honey has a really cool toasted marshmallow flavor and makes for an awesome dessert mead. It's actually one traditional I prefer on the sweeter side.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
A Meadowfoam traditional mead with a slice of cheesecake actually. Meadowfoam honey has a really cool toasted marshmallow flavor and makes for an awesome dessert mead. It's actually one traditional I prefer on the sweeter side.
Alcohol with cheesecake?? You sir are some kind of monster!

(Then again, it's possible I am doing it wrong. I like to keep my drinking and my dessert eating separate).

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I can’t get over that Lappy goal. So ridiculous!

If that was Crosby, all of hockey media would have passed out for 2 days.
Every few days I’m like that meme Relationship with Miro has ended Lapierre is now Silky’s best friend and it goes back and forth

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Wasn't able to watch the game. Watched the highlights just now. Wow, I'm the first to admit I didn't think they were sniffing the playoffs this season. Glad to be wrong though.

So much respect for these guys. They are playing hard and exuding some great chemistry as a team. I love the idea of them making it into the playoffs with no expectations and just saying "Let's see how deep we can go". Could be a magical run!!

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Murray may be every other goalie's kryptonite, but you have to give him at least a little credit for Chuckie. Dude was a career AHLer before. Whatever Murray's selling, it works for Lindgren.
Eh. He was stellar with the Blues and overall as a pro in '21-22 before signing. It was a mere five games with the Blues, though, and his AHL numbers didn't pop up until that season so it was tough to say if it was a legit breakthrough. I'd chalk it up equally to their scouting identifying him as a break-out talent. If anything looking at his pro career I wonder what Montreal did or didn't do that led to a sort of plateauing (though perhaps it was just a case of maturing and not being on strong teams). It can be tough for undrafted guys to make that jump from a #3 to winning a back-up spot. '21-22 earned him that and credit to him he's run with it. Classic late bloomer.

Reactions: blindsideheadshot

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Murray may be every other goalie's kryptonite, but you have to give him at least a little credit for Chuckie. Dude was a career AHLer before. Whatever Murray's selling, it works for Lindgren.
Also backs up my take about who the goalie coach is maybe don’t matter that much!

I do find it funny that Kuemper failure is on Murray but Lindgren success is on…well definitely not Murray!!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Eh. He was stellar with the Blues and overall as a pro in '21-22 before signing. It was a mere five games with the Blues, though, and his AHL numbers didn't pop up until that season so it was tough to say if it was a legit breakthrough. I'd chalk it up equally to their scouting identifying him as a break-out talent. If anything looking at his pro career I wonder what Montreal did or didn't do that led to a sort of plateauing (though perhaps it was just a case of maturing and not being on strong teams). It can be tough for undrafted guys to make that jump from a #3 to winning a back-up spot. '21-22 earned him that and credit to him he's run with it. Classic late bloomer.
Yes indeed, good sir. I've had notes on Lindgren going back about 7 years, wondering why he never got the starting role given his stellar numbers in limited backup games

Edit: you put it down to "oh well I guess the org knows best what this guy's upside is" but then a few fall through the cracks every season

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
During the Bears Calder Cup run last spring and into June, the question arose as to whether that run - and many of its ingredients, such as Mikey, Lappy, Protas, Malenstyn (you could also add Sgarbossa, who ain’t young, but he plays like he is) - were demonstrating that the Caps prospect pool was significantly undervalued around the NHL. I think this year has shown the answer is a resounding yes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad