GDT: LAME DAY THREAD: 17 Oct 2013 - Wild @ Tampa Bay - 6:30PM - FSN - PUT THAT COFFEE DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I was shopping tonight. And every #$@!ing time I got back into the car, the team was going to the sin bin. WTF?!!

Forgive me....I'm in a very bitter mood tonight, so it's tough to be rational. But I am really getting #$@!ing sick and tired of this team not scoring goals. And the sad part about it is we've gone through all the old excuses. Fact is, we've SEEN changes in players and coaches, yet it's still the same thing. Puck possession is great. But why the hell can't we score. It wouldn't matter who the heck is coach or who the heck we bring in on the roster.....this team SUCKS at putting the puck in the net.

I may regret that rant tomorrow morning, but it is what it is tonight.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Bad PK. Sloppy play. Can't score. Scandella. Heatley. Yeo making a bad decision on pulling Harding at the wrong time.

This game ****ing sucked, and we better start winning soon.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Heatley actually evened out this game. He had a really good sequence with gruundwolz, but then that dumb giveaway later on.

He earns neither a plus nor minus tonight, which is a step up.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
The team definitely misses Coyle. No flexibility down the middle. Granlund looks better but the top six is just so out of sync. They need creativity and the ability to open things up so they can get more shots from scoring areas rather than the boards.

WildFinn*

Two positives for Finns where Filppula and Salo, thinking about Olympics.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
UNACCEPTABLE LOSS! somethings gotta give, trade? new coach? we aint making the playoffs playn like this!

Well everyone should know where I stand on Yeo.

Everything's blowing up despite our much improved overall play this year.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
What if we were to go out and find a retired pure goal scorer and try him out as an assistant coach? Get someone in the coaching circle who has a goal scorers instinct.

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
What if we were to go out and find a retired pure goal scorer and try him out as an assistant coach? Get someone in the coaching circle who has a goal scorers instinct.

Maybe Dany Heatley wants the job?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Sounds like I didn't miss much tonight...

Sounds like they played their worst game of the year tonight...

Maybe no more early GDT's from now on? :p:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Good to see Koivu net his first goal in -- well since last year. But man, something is really wrong with this team. They couldn't find the back of the net even if there were no goalies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I wonder if Yeo's seat is starting to warm up because of the lack of scoring. We've got all of what, 4 goals in our last 3 games?

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
DVR'd the game for after work but won't watch it now. Getting tired of the same old Minnesota "one goal" Wild.

Need to win against Panthers.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
My take on this game:

Once again the puck didn't go in enough. I hate this team's lack of finish. It really pisses me off to watch a game where everything says we should win, but we can't. We deserve a better team than that. It's getting to the point where even the players have become frustrated, and I think that's what happened in the 3rd period. You could sense the team had just given up. They just couldn't get anything going again and they started to quit. After Stamkos scored you could just see it.

I am also upset about the lack of hitting and checking from the Wild. I knew they would lose some of that with Clutterbuck leaving, but nobody really checks on this team. Checking is a fundamental part of hockey that they just don't do.

They also don't have a winning team's attitude at all anymore. It's like hey lets go out and perform and see if we can get things to go in our favor. The proper attitude for a winning team to have is something like I'm putting the puck in the net and if you get in my way I'll run your ****ing ass over. Nobody on this team has an attitude like that (possible exception is El Nino).

Yeo should be counting his days right now. His players have already started to give up on his system. If I were Leipold I would expect a much bigger return on my investment than I'm currently getting, and I wouldn't wait much past 25 games to change coaches. I hope he brings in someone who is an authoritarian ass kicker who won't put up with the pampered players ****. I think a lot of these players would benefit a lot from a coach like that

Some other thoughts about the game:

That ice sucks down there. The puck bounces very strangely every which way and it screws the flow of the game up. The refs also did not do the Wild any favors tonight. It's not the reason we lost, but there were times tonight when you really had to shake your head about the calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad