Kings News: LAKings50 Monument outside Staples unveiled (staring Dustin Brown!)

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
This is a sculpture. Sculpture is art. Art is impression.
If you want exact likeness, look at a photograph.

Spoken like someone who is either bad at art, or personally responsible for this mess. This isn't impressionism, these are likenesses of real people.

blackhawks-mural.jpg

I mean what the hell? It's the impression that counts, right? Guess these guys didn't get the memo:

wayne-gretzky.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You probably love the Roy Rogers wagon wheel coffee table from When Harry Met Sally. Come on, admit it. :)

Who doesn't? ;)

Seriously in person it had a whole different 'feel'. Still love it. I realize it's not perfect and is missing some moments and people and that the likenesses aren't even close to perfect.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
I like the concept but not the execution. Blake is an odd choice but I guess I have forgotten his contributions to Kings history. Guess Gretz and Luc already have statues so no inclusion. Would have liked Norstrom or Palffy. McSorely? Jazz hands?

Rob Blake is a first ballot hall of famer and had his jersey retired by the Kings. Of course he goes on there. In that vein, I guess the biggest omission would be Rogie...

McSorley? Really? With or without his illegal stick? Just lol.

It looks pretty cool to me. They used the same artists as the Luc statue, which is fantastic, so I'm guessing it looks great in person.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Rob Blake is a first ballot hall of famer and had his jersey retired by the Kings. Of course he goes on there. In that vein, I guess the biggest omission would be Rogie...

McSorley? Really? With or without his illegal stick? Just lol.

It looks pretty cool to me. They used the same artists as the Luc statue, which is fantastic, so I'm guessing it looks great in person.

I think it is odd to have soo many members of the current club. Triple Crown at the all star game would have been nice instead of quick. Or move Quick to the right and have the triple crown waiving as they come onto the ice on the left side.

I get no Luc and Gretzky as they already have statues. I like that Taylor is in there, and even like that Blake is. Brown is awesome because it was the first time a King raised the cup. Needed to be there.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
The question is: can they put jerseys on the relief for Kings, clippers, lakers and sparks games

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I think it is odd to have soo many members of the current club. Triple Crown at the all star game would have been nice instead of quick. Or move Quick to the right and have the triple crown waiving as they come onto the ice on the left side.

I get no Luc and Gretzky as they already have statues. I like that Taylor is in there, and even like that Blake is. Brown is awesome because it was the first time a King raised the cup. Needed to be there.

This isn't a slight to the history of the Kings, but there is no way they even make this monument without the members of the current club.

If 2012-14 didn't happen, they wouldn't of put this thing up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad