Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NYR] Brendan Lemieux for 2021 4th round pick

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Guy is terrible in the locker room. Rangers rid themselves of a problem and are better off, not sure I see LA's angle here though.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Some one want to give this king fan a scouting report please.
Here's what I posted on the Rangers board

Bonehead move.

One of the best pests in the league and I see him being a huge playoff performer down the road just like his dad. I remember on Spittin Chiclets they were raving about his return after the suspension when he played in the bubble, he completely tilted the ice and we played with a different swagger when he's in the lineup. Lemmy sacrificed so much for this team, that shift where he injured his foot blocking a shot and literally crawled and leaped into another shot block after he already couldn't even stand; sums up who he is as a player. Or that gif of him with a black eye, cuts on his face, casually spitting out blood on the bench.

He is the over the top caricature of what a hockey player is. He's sort of a throwback. I think playing on a line with him was a big influence on Buch's transformation into USA Buch. People complained about our coaches usage of Buch but he became a different player when he was on Lemmy's line and started getting physically engaged in play. Lemmy is a hilarious dude and will be greatly missed by me. Lindgren is a similar type of thorn in peoples sides but I hope we manage to find another player who agitates like Lemieux.

He also has really good puck control, and is a strong skater. He's very clutch and has turned around many games that led to big comebacks, like this one

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Meh.

A nothing pick but he sucks. I liked his intangibles and camaraderie among the guys but bottom line is he’s a mediocre 4th liner.

Good luck on the West Coast.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I'd bet $12 that Lemieux wanted to move on from NYR. He skates hard and puts good effort into forechecking.

The coaching staff had next to no appetite for his agitator style and some of his untimely penalties that comes with being a troublemaker.

He'll find a role in the NHL somewhere.

Reactions: bernmeister

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kadri has skill.

BL has never scored more than 9 goals in a season (less than a meathead like Kassian). Kadri has 9x the total goals (190 vs.21)
Hey I was just responding to someone saying a “dirty” player was now in his division. I pointed out Kadri is dirty too that’s all. Didn’t bring up skill or no skill

Reactions: Buchnevich89

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Some one want to give this king fan a scouting report please.
Lemmy is an effective player when he plays on edge. Unfortunately since his last name is Lemieux it puts him as guilty in the eyes of the refs no matter what. A lot of penalties he takes are earned, but a lot are because his last name is Lemieux. He uses his body, fights, sticks up for teammates, will play in front of the crease and along the boards well. He has decent hands and can pot 10-15 goals. It looks like Quinn told him at the beginning of the year if he wants to play he has to stay out of the box and it has really affected his game. He needs to be himself, if that happens you got yourselves an above average 4 th liner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad