Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Kings re-sign Matt Roy (3 years, $3.15M AAV)

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Man. That’s over half a mil a year short of what I thought it may take. Glad to see when a team and a player work out good contracts for both sides. Love what Roy has become. He will only get better and he is ours through the prime years. When his contract is up we should have Faber ready to step in. Very shrewd contract.

Roy will be one of 3 Dman protected in the upcoming expansion draft. Bjornfot on Anderson are exempt as per the mayor. So worse case scenario we have a $15 million top 4 even with DD’s contract

Bjornfot - Doughty
Anderson - Roy

then we can still pick 1 more guy to protect between :

Walker, Clague, Strand, Maatta, MacDermid

hope Blake goes into buying more between now and the deadline and finds that coveted young left shot difference make as we can use the final spot to protect him and we still have good guys left over if Seattle takes one of the above Dman.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
He came out of nowhere, damn. First Walker, now him. Where does Blake find these guys?
Roy was drafted under Lombardi's tenure , possibly with Blake's influence. This signing does make Walker expendable for an upgrade if packaged with the right assets.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I’m sorry if this comes off as ignorant but my initial reaction was who? It may have something to do with this year being that we only play divisional opponents so I don’t get to see every team as much as usual

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I’m sorry if this comes off as ignorant but my initial reaction was who? It may have something to do with this year being that we only play divisional opponents so I don’t get to see every team as much as usual

Late draft guy who matured into a very solid #3 or 4. Took a nasty cheap shot earlier this year and is still working his way back from it. Shows very good defensive traits. Is not a bruiser and is not a elite offensive guy but moves puck well. Just comes and does a solid shut down job every night. Just a very low maintenance guy. Great signing.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
No worries, I believe you are the only non-kings fan in this topic.

That says enough.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Great signing for both Roy and the Kings. I like that we have him locked up for at least 3 more years. He's a solid D man and a steal of a 7th round pick. Gotta get me a Roy jersey!

Reactions: go4hockey

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Gonna have to pay more attention to Roy. Didn't realize he commanded so much but obviously Kings fans feel he's more than worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad