Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] F Phillip Danault signs with the Kings (6 years, $5.5M AAV)

HHHJM

Jun 29, 2018
He's a really good defensive center. Pretty much every star that has played against him has stated they hate playing against him. MacKinnon, Matthews, McDavid etc.

Just not sure of the offensive upside. Wonder what it will be $$ wise. If it's 6M+, that's a lot for a defensive center unless he becomes a 50-60 point guy consistently.

Offensive upside : none
He's a 3C. The best, but still a 3C.

Reactions: Gravity

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I like this for LA, personally...one hell of a shutdown centre. MacKinnon said he's the toughest centre to play against in the league. The stats back that up. Wish the Avs had been aggressive and gone for it.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
He's not pushing LA into being better today than they were yesterday offensively but defensively they can hope to win 1 goal games now. Also they now have a 6 year road block at center holding back their kids and possibly an overpriced 3C in the last years of his contract.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
ahhhhhhhh maaaaaaan

I was really hoping the Kings would stay out of the boat anchor-swallowing competition
You mean, you really hoped the Kings would finally relieve Kopi of such a heavy defensive burden by acquiring a defensive wizard who’d also allow Vilardi to shift to the wing and Byfield to develop proper either on the 3rd line or Ontario right?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
That's a lot of money and term. I love Danault, but the Habs couldn't give him that.

I actually like the fit in LA considering all their young Cs on ELCs, but its kind of funny Danault was complaining about his long term roll in Montreal with Suzuki, Kotkanemi and Poehling, and now he's signing with a team that has a liekly better stable of young Cs in Byfield, Turcotte, Vilardi, etc. and already has Kopitar.

Reactions: mattyboy and CDN24

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Love Danault but that's a lot of Money who would have been our 3 is tough to do. I think he's worth that in normal times, not sure about covid times though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad