Waived: [LAK] D Jacob Moverare waived by the Kings (cleared)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Given the current state of New Jersey's defense corps he would likely be an upgrade but at this point it might not make a difference for this season.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
So we lost Bjornfot to waivers, Moverare was our only depth left Dman unless we start the circus of playing right shot Dman in the left side like last year.

Faber, Grans, Walker, Durzi,

Bjornfot, Moverare

We have lost a lot of Defenders in the last few years. Roy also an UFA.

What are we doing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kings waive 2 guys on the same day?

50RpHS.jpg

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
So we lost Bjornfot to waivers, Moverare was our only depth left Dman unless we start the circus of playing right shot Dman in the left side like last year.

Bjornfot, Moverare

What are we doing.
Over spending

Like JAD, unless they are claimed it’s a paper move for cap reasons.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Bjornfot, Moverare

What are we doing.
Getting f***ed, that’s what’s been happening

Reactions: JJDrums

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Fine with losing JAD, but would be annoyed if we lose both Bjornfot and Moverare for nothing and no reason. It will depend on the upcoming move, but I can't imagine a move helping the team significantly this postseason or in the future that would justify the current asset management going on. Blake's on the hot seat for sure.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Fine with losing JAD, but would be annoyed if we lose both Bjornfot and Moverare for nothing and no reason. It will depend on the upcoming move, but I can't imagine a move helping the team significantly this postseason or in the future that would justify the current asset management going on. Blake's on the hot seat for sure.
Yeah, I agree. But, it’s got to be freaking scorching for Luc to show his buddy the door.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021

Bjornfot, Moverare

What are we doing.
All of those have happened in the last 21 months. You can add Strand too. The lack of depth in this franchise is unbelievable.

Reactions: funky

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I could certainly see a team picking up Moverare to backfill some depth if they're planning on moving a body or two at the deadline. He's still reasonably young, reasonably NHL caliber, and has a tiny bit of potential upside.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
i get wanting him available for AHL playoffs but is it worth losing him?
this is how the crossing guard sees it

As noted in our 2024 Trade Deadline Preview article, the Kings essentially need to make sure they put a 21-player cap compliant roster together before Friday at noon. The key issue is the team expects all four of their currently injured players — Adrian Kempe, Viktor Arvidsson, Carl Grundstrom, and Mikey Anderson — back in the lineup later this month. If that’s the case, the roster will feature less than the league maximum 23-players because that’s all they will be able to afford within the 2023-24 salary cap.

Essentially, that roster looks something like this:

Byfield – Kopitar – Kempe
Moore – Danault – Fiala
Laferriere – Dubois – Arvidsson
Grundstrom – Lizotte – Lewis

Anderson – Doughty
Gavrikov – Roy
Englund – Spence
Clarke

Talbot
Rittich

That grouping, regardless of specific line combinations, has them right up near the salary cap limit. Which leaves players like Anderson-Dolan and Moverare on the outside looking in. After the NHL Trade Deadline, teams are limited to four recalls and there are restrictions on who can be sent down. The Kings are stuck between a rock and a hard place because they (a) need the ability to send certain players back to AHL Ontario (i.e. Alex Turcotte) once the four injured players are healthy enough to return and (b) they need those same “AHL” players up with the team right now to fill in for the injured guys.

Thus, the moves to place Anderson-Dolan and Moverare are nothing more than cap maneuverings. They need those players to be eligible to go down later this month. To have them in that position, they need to have already cleared waivers.

Reactions: tny760

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Doubt Blake is on the hot seat with ownership. They were aware of a big move like Dubois and the cap issues that would come with it for this season. I think ownership will roll with Blake and Luc as of today.

Reactions: Guitpik

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Doubt Blake is on the hot seat with ownership. They were aware of a big move like Dubois and the cap issues that would come with it for this season. I think ownership will roll with Blake and Luc as of today.
He has made a few public statements that indicate there is heat
I fully understand the repercussions if this team does not win or have success,” Blake said at a news conference Monday, his first public comments since he fired McLellan last Friday

The trade has backfired and the Kings are in cap hell. don't have a starting goalie for next season, and have to let Matt Roy and to a lesser extent Arvidsson walk.
If the Kings miss the playoffs or get bounced out again early , there very well could be changes. Look at what happened with Lombardi

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
i get wanting him available for AHL playoffs but is it worth losing him?
The other side of that coin is if they don’t send them down, they are on the roster for the rest of the season. When the injured four players come back, who goes? Blake can only afford to keep 21 players on the roster because of the salary cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad