Post-Game Talk: Laine defeats the Stars again - 4:2 Jets

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Fixed this for accuracy. lol.
X6L6hJ2.png

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Isn't it nice to be able to check the various playoff prediction math models and see us with a big fat 100%-less-a-Snickers-bar chance of making the playoffs and a double-digit chance to win the cup?

Instead of, you know, trying to imagine if we can squeeze out an 8-2 run to give us a 20% chance to sneak in if the stars align.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Can anyone other than Laine score? Everyone had so many opportunities and got zip to show for it.
It's a fun thought excersise to think how many goals would the team score if everyone had Laine's finishing ability. I have to figure that the team would score at least 10 goals per game.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It's a fun thought excersise to think how many goals would the team score if everyone had Laine's finishing ability. I have to figure that the team would score at least 10 goals per game.
To be fair laine coughed up the puck pretty badly on their first goal. I mean may have seen play wrong.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
To be fair laine coughed up the puck pretty badly on their first goal. I mean may have seen play wrong.

That looked like pre ASB Laine, but to be fair the ice was absolute crap tonight and the puck was really bouncing on him.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Fun game to be at. Man Trouba looked totally out of it awake but discombobulated. Thought the Stars had a better game than usual. ESL are on fire right now and the Stars didn’t have an answer for them. Buff was good tonight. I just love how calm and talented Hellebuyck is......he makes me confident in our goaltending finally.

I am a massive fan of Big Adam Lowry and it was great to have him back. Depth is your friend. Pretty sure Trouba’s will be concussed from that hit although I am not a doctor so we will see.

Reactions: Flair Hay

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Not sure what you mean exactly. The highest magic number that would eliminate 7teams is 8 points. We could clinch without winning another game.

What I mean is if we go 4 and 6 in our remaining 10 games we are guaranteed a clinch no matter what other teams do. Same way as saying 8 points

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Has 96 points ever NOT make playoffs? For all intents and purposes Jets have clinched a playoff spot, even if it's mathematically still not 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad