Post-Game Talk: Laine 3 New York Rangers 0. Yay!

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Heck yes, to the win, shutout, and hattrick
5YmeQER.gif

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Not a great third but a good overall road win. Myers with a bounce back game. Hope Scheif is okay. Buff playing outstanding hockey for the past few weeks along with Stastny and Hattrick Laine.

BTW, where are the Mason haters now? Hope he starts for the Washington game next week.

Reactions: Ippenator

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Laine 2G behind Ovie. E - St - L with the most TOI as well.

Great game by Mason - very calm in net. That save on Zucc was ridiculous. Jets are pretty close to locking up 2nd in the Central, with the Wild being 8 points back and even on games played.

Hope Scheif is OK, and that it was precautionary. They should sit him if there's the least bit of concern - the team can muddle through things without him.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Laine on his way to the rocket. Mason great in backup role.

Schief better be ok. They were digging into his clavicle so maybe soft tissue?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I will say this, the Jets are soooooooo good at moving the puck in all three zones, especially in the offensive zone. They don't hang on to it long, they move it quick and then get themselves moving without it and it has made life difficult for the opposition! Especially the Little line, man they move it well.
Im so happy for Mason, Ive taken a break from the boards but Ive read a few posts writing him off. Give him a chance when healthy! Concussions are very tough on a goalie where the game is 80% mental, and he hasn't been healthy all year. Ive been a fan of his and still am, Im so thrilled he got the shutout. He's better than Hutch folks! Hutch can go be a third stringer elsewhere. I hope he finds this confidence and continues to be the backup I know he can be rest of year to give Helly the break he needs!
Hope Scheif is fine.
Great win. Jets are GOOD!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Haha Mase trolling some hfjets naysayers. :laugh:

Patty Hatty? Please sir can I have some moar?

Damn chef! Come back soon! :(

Yay 2 points for us!:thumbu:

Reactions: sipowicz

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Great game by easy loss Mason.

Fairly utilitarian game by everyone else not named Laine.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Really good game by Mason. Lots of doubters can rest a little easier that we will have capable backup goaltending down the stretch and playoffs. Nice hatrick by Laine. And hopefully Scheif is just precautionary.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Maurice will be in trouble with Chevy and Chipman for putting Patrik out there with an EN when there's a clear directive to keep his numbers down.

It only happened because Schiefele is down ;) Am I doing it right? :)

Either way Laine will get paid.
The management knows what they have in him, even before this year. So they probably are prepared for it. They will just try to squish as much as possible but he will get paid.

3rd line, 1st line or no ice time.....

But right now I would give back 2 of Laine's goal today if it means Schiefele is fully healthy. Laine would :)
#TEAMPLAYER

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad