Islanders Point Blank: Laich thinks Viz hit was a "Good" penalty to take.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Turning point in the series, similar to the Peca / Jonsson hit. (although not as obvious).

The Isles will either use this as the reason for their series loss or.

Get fired up and destroy the Caps

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Turning point in the series, similar to the Peca / Jonsson hit. (although not as obvious).

The Isles will either use this as the reason for their series loss or.

Get fired up and destroy the Caps

We can still win without viz. His absence won't be the reason for losing the series. We. Need to score on the PP.

GiveDWrightskates

Jul 9, 2007
Oslo
This is so infuriating.

The Caps owner complains about some Isles fans being classless, meanwhile he employs s***mbags like Wilson and Laich.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
This is playoff hockey…

Even the refs, who are there to protect players, are going to let a lot of **** slide…

The Isles need to adapt or they will die…

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
This is so infuriating.

The Caps owner complains about some Isles fans being classless, meanwhile he employs s***mbags like Wilson and Laich.

You cannot compare a clean, series ending hit on Viz to what the Isles fans did the other night.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I'd Laich to kick his azz.

And as for the Cast Away Wilson.
He needs to be challenged next game. He did his job well for them. We hit everyone in a caps sweater last night but did not go for Wilson.in addition to vis, he grabbed clutter, and poor hickey after the big hit. At least he did not skate away. I give him credit. Also the knee on Bailey ( not as bad even though he got called for a knee.)

What really bothered me was the non call when we had he first power play.
One cap getting ready to go off AND his replacement who already jumped on the ice managed to both pin our player against the boards at the same time. Right in front of anyone with 2 eyes. That had 5 skaters and a man in the bc at that moment. Phoey!!!!!!
Then again our pp stinks lately anyway

Laich it or not we have to be better next game.

GiveDWrightskates

Jul 9, 2007
Oslo
You cannot compare a clean, series ending hit on Viz to what the Isles fans did the other night.

I disagree. I think it's fair to call a player and likely a team attitude towards injuring (not to mention ending the career of) an opposing player classless and disturbing, just like it is classless and disturbing that some fans vandalize and use racial and homophobic slurs towards opposing fans.

lacunacoil777

Feb 11, 2013
Isles have been playing a wimpy version of hockey for two decades now. THey are basically not designed for playoff hockey. This is nothing new. THe caps were running straight for our defensemen to injure them from the first whistle of the first game. They only reason they didn't choose Tavares to run is because they knew if they send him to the hospital we would be gunning for OVechkin. The isles need to grow a pair in the next decade or two because its tiring watching two decades of wimpy hockey.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
I'm sure it's been said, but best revenge is to score on power play. Taking a caps player out of the game will only lead to killing a penalty against best power play in league.

Should Wilson be suspended? IMO tough call, but isles got advantage of power play during game which could have stolen all momentum, but they failed miserly.

The bottom line is that this team must take advantage of the capitals sloppy play to win this series.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

Please do some more reading on the incident. A lot of trash talk, the Coli is a dump, etc. They were asking for it the whole time. Would you go to a Caps game in Islander gear, act like an idiot, and expect to be left alone?

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Isles have been playing a wimpy version of hockey for two decades now. THey are basically not designed for playoff hockey. This is nothing new. THe caps were running straight for our defensemen to injure them from the first whistle of the first game. They only reason they didn't choose Tavares to run is because they knew if they send him to the hospital we would be gunning for OVechkin. The isles need to grow a pair in the next decade or two because its tiring watching two decades of wimpy hockey.

The fourth line has been wrecking everyone, Okposo squeezed Fehr out with a clean check, and Kulemin is a forechecking machine. Hamonic would be doing his thing if he could walk without a limp. I don't know what else you want. If this is about sending Wilson a message, there are still at least two games left.

lacunacoil777

Feb 11, 2013
Cmon we have a top nine of lady bing candidates. Isles are the easiest team to play in hockey physically. They only forwards who hit play on the same line. We didn't do anything to Toronto when they beat us up like a bunch of wimps..and we wont do anything to the caps. If I was running this team Ovechkin would be injured by the time the series is over. I don't care either about getting suspensions or having to kill a penalty. Isles cant be letting teams physically abuse them every time they make the playoffs because they don't want to kill a penalty ...the cup teams didn't let teams get away with this stuff.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Cmon we have a top nine of lady bing candidates. Isles are the easiest team to play in hockey physically. They only forwards who hit play on the same line. We didn't do anything to Toronto when they beat us up like a bunch of wimps..and we wont do anything to the caps. If I was running this team Ovechkin would be injured by the time the series is over. I don't care either about getting suspensions or having to kill a penalty. Isles cant be letting teams physically abuse them every time they make the playoffs because they don't want to kill a penalty ...the cup teams didn't let teams get away with this stuff.

Hockey in 1983 is a lot different than now.

The Islanders are built to wear down an opponent, not beat them up. No one physically abuses them and I completely disagree that the Caps have. Viz's hit sucks, yes, but Okposo knocked out their d-man who plays a similar role.

Everyone needs to relax. It is a 7 game series. The isles have basically dominated. Worry about scoring goals rather than fighting.

lacunacoil777

Feb 11, 2013
YES!! You end a guys season by injuring him for two weeks and you take a chance you get a game or two suspension. The caps know what they are doing. They have won playoff rounds since cell phones were invented.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
I had as big an issue with Ovehckin's hit on Viz against the back boards where he hit him directly in the numbers - that definitely should have been a penalty/boarding call.

beLIever

Mar 5, 2011
New York
YES!! You end a guys season by injuring him for two weeks and you take a chance you get a game or two suspension. The caps know what they are doing. They have won playoff rounds since cell phones were invented.

Point of order: cell phones HAD been invented last time the Isles won a playoff series, as I had a cell phone in 1993. Granted, it weighed about 7 pounds and required that I carry around something briefcase-size to use it, but... :)

lacunacoil777

Feb 11, 2013
I disagree. Its what most teams do in the playoffs. The rangers once successfully knocked Lafontaine out with a concussion in the playoffs and then the ranger fans attacked the ambulance. I think some fans have a hard time accepting that the game plan of the other team is "injure them as quickly as possible". Its hockey. That's the sport you are following. Denial doesn't change it. Time for the Isles to pull a barmgaurntner/vukota Job.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
I watched the video and if you watch wilson coming in after shooting the puck he starts taking a number of quick steps to launch himself into the Isle player, like he was targeting him regardless of the play.

It should have been a penalty, perhaps a major. Most rational NHL players will look to avoid making a late hit like that, it is clear that Wilson is an asz, and he might have been under doers from Trotz to do something like that. IMO, he should be suspended for intent to injure.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I disagree. Its what most teams do in the playoffs. The rangers once successfully knocked Lafontaine out with a concussion in the playoffs and then the ranger fans attacked the ambulance. I think some fans have a hard time accepting that the game plan of the other team is "injure them as quickly as possible". Its hockey. That's the sport you are following. Denial doesn't change it. Time for the Isles to pull a barmgaurntner/vukota Job.

Is a rough and physical game. It's great to play physical. But in no way shape or form is it ok to go looking to injure someone. This is thier career and how they take care of thier families. 99% of athletes understand the difference between playing hard and injuring.

Also, Okposo and none of the other isles to my knowledge came out and said it was "good" that Okpsoo injured Fehr becuse it put the caps at a disadvantage.

Boneheaded comment from Laich and I hope it doesn't reflect the feelings of the rest of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad