Lafreniere vs Rossi

Who is the better player

• Total voters

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Someone that should have gone top 20 maybe?

What a comical take. He's not going to be one of the elite #1s like like Bedard will be. But if he played PP1 he'd a 70-80 point player in his 22 year old season. There must be a f*** ton of amazing players in his draft if that's top 20.

Panarin has 69 (nice) even strength points. Good for 5th in the league. He’s ahead of Laf by 23 points…

Trocheck has much different responsibilities as a center than Laf does as a winger.

Panarin is one of the best players in the game. The point about Trocheck is positional not anything Lafreniere can help. Besides I won't even argue that he's the third best player on his line. He's also the third best forward on the entire Rangers roster 5 on 5. That's a team vying for the Presidents' Trophy. You pretending like he's being carried on that line shows how little you've watched him. None of the players on that line are passengers.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
What a comical take. He's not going to be one of the elite #1s like like Bedard will be. But if he played PP1 he'd a 70-80 point player in his 22 year old season. There must be a f*** ton of amazing players in his draft if that's top 20.

"If he played PP1".....

The Rangers currently have the most points in the league - anyone playing PP1 on that team is going to put up points lol.

Laf is in his 4th season as a 1OA and cracked 20 goals for the first time. Rossi did that in his first season as a pro on a much worse team.

I'm not sure my take is the comical one.

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
"If he played PP1".....

The Rangers currently have the most points in the league - anyone playing PP1 on that team is going to put up points lol.

Laf is in his 4th season as a 1OA and cracked 20 goals for the first time. Rossi did that in his first season as a pro on a much worse team.

I'm not sure my take is the comical one.

So what's the alternative treating his point totals as if he gets typical top 6 usage? Rossi not being good enough to play in the NHL before this season is not a flex. Actually it wasn't even his first season as a pro, last season he had 1 assist in 19 games. Big time production there.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
So what's the alternative treating his point totals as if he gets typical top 6 usage? Rossi not being good enough to play in the NHL before this season is not a flex. Actually it wasn't even his first season as a pro, last season he had 1 assist in 19 games. Big time production there.

Hey I get it - Laf was 1OA and you Ranger fans are die hards that don't want him to be a bust at that draft position.

Based on his stat lines Laf was a 4th liner in the NHL his first 3 seasons...big time production for a 1OA - Instead of letting Rossi suffer we sent him to the AHL to further develop and now we don't have to watch him rot on the 3rd or 4th line.

Different Org's have different player development strategies I guess.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hey I get it - Laf was 1OA and you Ranger fans are die hards that don't want him to be a bust at that draft position.

Based on his stat lines Laf was a 4th liner in the NHL his first 3 seasons...big time production for a 1OA - Instead of letting Rossi suffer we sent him to the AHL to further develop and now we don't have to watch him rot on the 3rd or 4th line.

Different Org's have different player development strategies I guess.

The Wild must have a great 4th line if 40 points (39 technically) is a fourth liner. Bottom line is Rossi had 1 point in 19 games in his rookie season as a 21 year old. Lafreniere had 21 points in 56 games as an 18 year old. There's literally no argument at this point for Rossi. Also, the Laf is a bust take is an NHL IQ test. Calling a 22 year old a bust shows how much you know about hockey. Especially considering he's been one of our best players 5 on 5 all year this year. And yes his production hasn't been on par with other 1st overalls up to this point in his career. What does that have to do with Rossi?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Right wing on the best line in the league wins over some JAG

Hmmmmmm

If only Rossi had a player the caliber of Panarin on his wing, instead of scrubs like Freddy Gaudreau and Marcus Johansson.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad