Lafreniere vs Rossi

Who is the better player

• Total voters

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Their underlying numbers are fairly close for this year. Laf with slightly higher CF% and SF%. Rossi with slightly higher GF% and xGF%. Laf with a much higher offensive zone start percentage (78% vs 65%).

Shout out to the OP for being extremely petty.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Their underlying numbers are fairly close for this year. Laf with slightly higher CF% and SF%. Rossi with slightly higher GF% and xGF%. Laf with a much higher offensive zone start percentage (78% vs 65%).

Shout out to the OP for being extremely petty.
But apparently right

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The answer to both of these questions are Laf anyway
Ehh, you don't know that. Rossi's trajectory is pretty solidly upwards and he's already a pretty solidy defensive center. I'd just like to see him not be wasted with wingers like Zucc/Johansson. Give him some players that can actually maintain offensive pressure, not soft turnover prone wingers.

Meanwhile, the Rangers most common line (by a country mile) is Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere. That's Panarin with 107 points, Trocheck with 75 points, and Lafreniere with 52 points. Not hard to see why Laf is putting up his best numbers yet. He's very clearly the third best player on his line.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Ehh, you don't know that. Rossi's trajectory is pretty solidly upwards and he's already a pretty solidy defensive center. I'd just like to see him not be wasted with wingers like Zucc/Johansson. Give him some players that can actually maintain offensive pressure, not soft turnover prone wingers.

Meanwhile, the Rangers most common line (by a country mile) is Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere. That's Panarin with 107 points, Trocheck with 75 points, and Lafreniere with 52 points. Not hard to see why Laf is putting up his best numbers yet. He's very clearly the third best player on his line.
When is the last time you watched a Rangers game or even looked closely at Laf?

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Laf has 2 more seasons in the NHL than Rossi...and was 1st OVR. The fact that this is even a discussion says all you need to know about Laf.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Are you gonna sit here and tell me you watch Wild games? Or closely watch Rossi?
No and I don’t get to see him as often (I’m a season ticket holder and only see the Wild once a year) but I’ve seen enough of Laf to tell you he’s a line driver, which is genuinely doubt Rossi is (from what I have seen)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Laf has 2 more seasons in the NHL than Rossi...and was 1st OVR. The fact that this is even a discussion says all you need to know about Laf.
Doesn’t seem like much of a discussion right now since the only ones who voted for Rossi are Wild fans and one guy who misvoted.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
No and I don’t get to see him as often (I’m a season ticket holder and only see the Wild once a year) but I’ve seen enough of Laf to tell you he’s a line driver, which is genuinely doubt Rossi is (from what I have seen)
Makes sense why you seem so uneducated on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad