Speculation: Lafreniere Contract and Offer Sheet

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I wouldn’t be surprised if Miller and Lafreniere both take a one year bridge.
Figures it would be too good to be true to be able to lock up Miller for 6 years. Unreal even the young guys we draft who exceed expectations we can't even lock up long term. I'm still holding out hope we can lock him up for 5-6 years. At some point you have to lock up a few of these young guys like we did with Chytil (only 4 years tho) to have some kind of cap certainty.
Plus they would take up less total percentage of the cap when it does go up.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I wouldn’t be surprised if Miller and Lafreniere both take a one year bridge.

I feel like Miller is going to sign 2x5 before the Rangers are forced to give him the Fox contract in 2 years. With an actual attention to detail coach he can be a top 10 D man easily league wide. I think I saw somewhere that he and Trouba were the best shot suppression pair they had against NJ. The spit was unfortunate but he’s not that type of player. Honestly felt like the coaching staff punished him more for that than the suspension. Once he remembers to be physical all the time instead of just sometimes, look out. I’m rambling now but KAM still has the potential to be the best thing Gorton did for the organization.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
If the cap is going to go way up next year, players will manage their contracts accordingly. Look at the deal Garpinlov took in LA (2 X $5.7) A bargain for a UFA with his resume.

That‘s all based on the cap going up big tIme in 2024.

Miller may go 2 years but I doubt it would be $5MM per

Reactions: McRanger92

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I wonder about him. Not many posts about offer sheet Laf yet out there.

I think that a team could do the route of what happened with KK for Canadians and Canes.

I think a team could offersheet Laf for 1 year 4.2 million. I think this would be a big error but it would most likely be a high 2nd. Let's say a team does it.

Do Rangers sign it? It sorta screws the cap for them up. Heck I wouldn't be shocked if after that he gets traded to a team he perhaps doesn't like.

He probably does not get offer sheeted but what do you Ranger fans think?

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I feel like Miller is going to sign 2x5 before the Rangers are forced to give him the Fox contract in 2 years. With an actual attention to detail coach he can be a top 10 D man easily league wide. I think I saw somewhere that he and Trouba were the best shot suppression pair they had against NJ. The spit was unfortunate but he’s not that type of player. Honestly felt like the coaching staff punished him more for that than the suspension. Once he remembers to be physical all the time instead of just sometimes, look out. I’m rambling now but KAM still has the potential to be the best thing Gorton did for the organization.

Man these contracts are just getting wilder and wilder.

9.5 for Miller in three years? That number is just gonna come back to bite you in the ass. Like most contracts that big.

Reactions: CasusBelli

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Man these contracts are just getting wilder and wilder.

9.5 for Miller in three years? That number is just gonna come back to bite you in the ass. Like most contracts that big.

9.5 is a tad high but I don’t think people should be surprised if Miller is making Trouba’s money once the contract is up

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
If the cap is going to go way up next year, players will manage their contracts accordingly. Look at the deal Garpinlov took in LA (2 X $5.7) A bargain for a UFA with his resume.

That‘s all based on the cap going up big tIme in 2024.

Miller may go 2 years but I doubt it would be $5MM per
I think you meant Gavrikov, but that typo made me think of a guy I hadn’t thought about in many years so thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: CasusBelli

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Reference:
$2,145,062 to $4,290,125 = 2nd
$4,290,126 to $6,435,186 = 1st, 3rd
$6,435,187 to $8,580,250 = 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Rangers cap situation:

At what number does NYR have to back away and take the comp?
Also - if there was no offer sheet, what are the salary expectations from NYR fans if Laf were to sign say... a 2yr bridge deal?

That's assuming he signs the offer sheet.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
IF someone sheets him (and he actually signs it) does the offer have to come before this years draft or could it be done after so the picks move to the 24 draft?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
IF someone sheets him (and he actually signs it) does the offer have to come before this years draft or could it be done after so the picks move to the 24 draft?
It happens during free agency, so after the draft. If he received an offer sheet it would be after the 2023 draft and would affect the 2024 draft.

EDIT: Sorry I see it was answered.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I want whatever you're having. Make it a double.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fans are claiming hes going to come in at 2.700 ish. If another team offers 4.200 you gotta think he takes it, even if he hopes NYR matches.

I doubt any team is going to offer 4.2 million. That would be a huge risk.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Fans are claiming hes going to come in at 2.700 ish. If another team offers 4.200 you gotta think he takes it, even if he hopes NYR matches.
Not necessarily. Gorton tried to sign Brayden Point to an offer sheet when he was an RFA, and he never signed it. Most of the stuff regarding Laf and the Rangers is all external noise.

He’ll sign his bridge, but I’m sure his reps will be telling the Rangers that they’re losing patience with how the Rangers are costing their client long-term money. Both sides need to be better for this situation.

Reactions: leetch99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad