Proposal: Laf to Montreal

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
View attachment 843957View attachment 843958

It’s really not funny. Or hard to understand.

I don't get how people just ignore objective facts at this point, lol.

By the way, this thread is just like every other thread where Habs fans want a player, the other team doesn't want to trade that player, and then Habs fans proceed to try to tear down that player, the other team, and the other team's fans in a fit of rage.

This is the rinse, wash, repeat of the last 20+ years on HFBoards.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Lol. He’s a fine middle-sixer who before last night’s game against a team recently coming off a 14 game losing streak was on pace for 52 points in his fourth full season.

How is top 50 even strength production the equivalent of a middle 6er?

Lafreniere has produced as a top liner all season with the minutes given, even before last night’s show in AZ.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Lol. He’s a fine middle-sixer who before last night’s game against a team recently coming off a 14 game losing streak was on pace for 52 points in his fourth full season.
Holy shit how many qualifiers do you need?

I don't get how people just ignore objective facts at this point, lol.

By the way, this thread is just like every other thread where Habs fans want a player, the other team doesn't want to trade that player, and then Habs fans proceed to try to tear down that player, the other team, and the other team's fans in a fit of rage.

This is the rinse, wash, repeat of the last 20+ years on HFBoards.
Hit the nail on the head.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Kreider, in his D+4 season, spent 48 games in the AHL and put up 23 points, and had only 3 points in 23 NHL games.

Last night, he scored his 300th goal in the NHL, 3rd most in Rangers' history.

How you finish matters a lot more than how you start.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Kreider, in his D+4 season, spent 48 games in the AHL and put up 23 points, and had only 3 points in 23 NHL games.

Last night, he scored his 300th goal in the NHL, 3rd most in Rangers' history.

How you finish matters a lot more than how you start.
And this is exactly why its not exactly a bold take to say laff with finish top 5 all time in franchise history for points.

Hes 22 and already has 143 points

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hello moderators. Question: is the trade proposal board supposed to be where fans from Team A propose a trade for player X, get told no thanks, then throw a weird tantrum and argue that player X is actually trash? And then it repeats ad nauseum for 13 pages?

Is there anything of any merit going on here?

Habs fans (initially) wanted Laf. NYR fans said take a hike. It's over. Why is the dumpster fire thread still open?

This is what happens in virtually every trade thread. Welcome to HF.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My grandmother use to say....fighting over nail clippings

There is no real debate about who is better between Slaf and Laffy until at least a decade from now. And even then, there are so many other factors that can affect points. Including how well the team does, who they play with...and on and on.

Why can't we just hope that they are both superstars in the making and let it go at that.

Mods...hello...

Reactions: UnSandvich

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
And Slaf and him have the exact same stats line ar 5v5, but one of them is a 6'4 230lbs player and is only 20. What's your point?

Slaf has only been playing on the 1at line since January as well so...
Who’s talking about Slaf? I didn’t mention him at all, what does he have to do with anything?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Remind me last time Rangers went to Stanley Cup finale? Or even won a cup (you know, the thing that matters in hockey)? I wouldn’t act so above Montreal in terms of signifiant winning if I was a Rangers fan.
I remember who they beat to get the finals the last time they went.

I imagine you do as well.

You Montreal fans would have no interest in him what so ever if he wasn’t French. He’s a bust. Slafkovsky was a better 1OA than him and that’s coming from a Leaf fan
25 goal, 50 point player with minimal power play time is a “bust.”

Lmfao

FWIW, Alexis Lafrenière has more even strength goals than:
  • Connor McDavid
  • Elias Pettersson
  • Jake Guentzel
  • Sam Reinhart
  • Leon Draisaitl
  • Jason Robertson
  • Jack Hughes
  • Matthew Tkachuk
  • Steven Stamkos
  • Alex Ovechkin
But…. BuSt!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The Rangers are in win now mode. Why would they trade Laf for draft picks? Makes zero sense.
No one said only draft picks
Futures = young help now + picks

Did Bern make the Laf trade yet? If not he can probably ask for more after his 3 goal 5 piint night.
thanks for asking
bern has had to get some real world shit under control
everything pushed back a wk ish

Hello moderators. Question: is the trade proposal board supposed to be where fans from Team A propose a trade for player X, get told no thanks, then throw a weird tantrum and argue that player X is actually trash? And then it repeats ad nauseum for 13 pages?

Is there anything of any merit going on here?

Habs fans (initially) wanted Laf. NYR fans said take a hike. It's over. Why is the dumpster fire thread still open?
The prob here is peeps on both sides responding in overheated emotional fashion which given OP premise* is unnecessary.
Mr. Spock? paging Mr. Spock...

* OP is basically saying, correctly, it is history that if Orr/Gretzky etc can be dealt anyone can get traded. So we realize there are certain realities with cost of LaF being a premium. He is not a McDavid w/decent term remaining level acquisition, which prompts how is any deal possible not gutting the acquiring team?
But LaF IS a premium requiring overpayment.
This is a guy who was evaluated as the best non generational 1OA since MacKinnon.
While there was an issue coupla yrs while his skating got resolved to NHL level? yes. Is that no longer a concern? Obviously also yes.

LaF is one of the best 5 on 5 players in NHL.
While we would like to see his conversion rate even higher, it is not too shabby for someone making me look good by EXACTLY hitting an early Steve Vickers projection of 25ish Gs this season, and 30 is not out of the question just yet.

His pt totals are w/negligible PP mins.

So yeah, NMCs aside, anyone can be had if there is enuf on the table.
OP and those curious out of intellectual honesty should not suffer deterioration of this thread just b'c they do not want to play along.

No ?, LaF will require overpayment in currency NY wants.
The ? is whatever that is, is it something MON can live with?
It is a fair ?, and peeps of good faith can agree to disagree.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
You Montreal fans would have no interest in him what so ever if he wasn’t French. He’s a bust. Slafkovsky was a better 1OA than him and that’s coming from a Leaf fan
I believe you are correct. If he was not French there would not be fascination with him in Montreal. I also agree that Slafkovsky is a better 1OA pick.

I disagree that Laff is a bust though. The kid isn't the superstar level 1OA like Bedard or anything but he is good and will still get better imo.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I believe you are correct. If he was not French there would not be fascination with him in Montreal. I also agree that Slafkovsky is a better 1OA pick.

I disagree that Laff is a bust though. The kid isn't the superstar level 1OA like Bedard or anything but he is good and will still get better imo.
LaF already star level at superior setting.
Elite is around the corner.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
My grandmother use to say....fighting over nail clippings

There is no real debate about who is better between Slaf and Laffy until at least a decade from now. And even then, there are so many other factors that can affect points. Including how well the team does, who they play with...and on and on.

Why can't we just hope that they are both superstars in the making and let it go at that.

Mods...hello...

holy shtballs i just saw this up again and went to see why it was still being discussed and jesus murphy it's....well....probably exactly what i should have expected.

thank you for being one of the rare people who realizes there's a hell of a lot of time to go before you can begin to write the book on these kids careers. everybody gets captivated by the crosby/mcdavids of the world who take off immediately and act like a kid is trash before they can legally drink a beer in the us if they don't put up huge numbers. it's like nobody looks around the rest of the league and realizes some of the best players in it didn't become anything close to the player they are until even 24-25.

just off the top of my head and looking at the scoring leaders there's zibanejad, jt miller, barkov, reinhart, nylander, forsberg, trocheck, thomas, bratt, hischier, verhaege, scheifele, wheeler, kempe, thompson, hintz, giroux and on and on....different levels of player and some took off pretty close to 21-22, others a few years later, but all star level or better that took a few years in the league before taking off. the mcdavid/mattews/crosby are the exception, not the norm. it doesn't matter where someone was picked once the draft is over, that has no bearing on their timeline. every player walks into a different situation with different opportunities, with a different background, with a different maturity level, with a different degree of physical development, with a different game etc.

i know everyone wants everything the way they want it right now or else but life just doesn't work that way. both kids look like they're really finding their footing, both kids are a long ways from drawing any conclusions about them. unfortunately, patience is pretty rare so let the chaos reign

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Says the guy who thinks Gaudreau is better than Panarin. It’s ok. I’d be salty too if I were a Devils fan. 😂
being wrong about this doesnt make him wrong about everything.

While I think it'd be funny to be able to say "Slaf and Laf", I don't think id be confortable giving up the pieces it would take to pry him out of NYR.

Kudos on him though, he seems to be doing much better this year. Is it me or does he still seem more like a support player than one who can drive the play?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Kudos on him though, he seems to be doing much better this year. Is it me or does he still seem more like a support player than one who can drive the play?
It’s you. I’d suggest watching more of him and watching him closer.

He makes plays now that he wasn’t making in his previous 3 years.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
You should have traded for him when his value was lower and he might have been available. Today it's very unlikely so the point is quite moot.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Why does this thread exist? I would understand it, if it was made during the summer. Then my question would be why does it continue to exist.

Reactions: pth2 and UnSandvich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad