GDT: LA @ San Jose 7:00pm NBC-SN Kfox

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Chicago has been limping pretty badly.

Indeed.

One thing I will say is that the attendance was embarrassing. Only ~16,000 people showed up for a potential-playoff-clinching game against LA at the end of March? With the Chia Burns giveaway too...

Wasn't a giveaway. Was a special promotion (you paid extra for the Chia Burns with a ticket).

Last year they allowed STH (and others with "regular" tickets) to purchase the promotion item. This year they aren't.

Fresnel

Sep 24, 2015
aftermarket ticket prices with fees have been floating around $33+ for most games (I live walking distance to the tank so constantly watch for tickets to go cheap enough for me to randomly go)

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
man I was close on that snog for 3-2 and then those other 2 goals happened. SMH for me.

But heck, I'll take it against the Kings any day!

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm ot surprised with the attendance. The same thing happened in 05-06, even after they got Jumbo and were tearing it up down the stretch.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Donskoi is like everything I want in a forward. Minus the elite shot

Yep and we'll take him just as he is, thank you very much. He was all over the puck lat night, glad to have him back!

Or why else would I support the Sharks, the Chargers and the Dodgers ? :shakehead

One of these things is not like the other...

Good effort by Wingo last night. Great hit sitting up the first goal and then chasing down and passing the one off Melker's skate.

Personally, I loved the the ref's troll job on the one call, LMAO!

I do love it when we bear up on the Kings!

Last edited by a moderator:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I3qTWm5.jpg

Upper premium sideline is the same price for 300 lower level in ottawa. And that team has been not even close to being a contender over the past 10 years.

Just wondering are those 2 seats pretty much the same? Can't really tell by the diagram.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Upper premium sideline is the same price for 300 lower level in ottawa. And that team has been not even close to being a contender over the past 10 years.

Just wondering are those 2 seats pretty much the same? Can't really tell by the diagram.

The Sens are also the only professional team in town, the Sharks have a lot to compete with here especially with the Warriors doing as good as they are this season. Canada is also an entirely different kind of market for hockey.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I went to the Rangers game and had pretty solid seats for $35. I don't think tickets are unreasonably expensive, but then again I don't really go to many games and I'm not a season ticket holder and now that I think about it I'm gonna shut up. :laugh:

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
The past two years I stopped going to ~15-20 games a season like I used to, now a days, it is much harder to attend weekday games for me, as I do not get back home until around midnight. Was much easier in the past for me, as I carpooled with my boss to the games at that time, makes for an easy excuse to come in late and stay late if I drank too much. Money plays into the equation a little bit, but I think as I get older, getting home so late, and only getting ~5 hours of sleep before I have to get up again is the biggest thing. Having said that, as I have friday off, I will be at the thursday game. :)

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Are they gonna give Burns credit for his goal? That puck dove like mad, but no one touched it, Russ Tyler style.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
I have had tix since day 1. I used to go to every game, especially when i lived at Saratoga/280. Now living in Tri-Valley, its 45 mins there plus 40 mins back and that doesnt include my time getting to my car from FIDI into east bay via BART. This year has been horrible for selling tickets even at face value. The Dallas game was just embarrassing to attend with all the empty seats. There is no way 17,066 were physically there last night. Although, the crowd was loud and into it even before the Sharks got onto the ice (like it was a playoff game which it really was). My seats are $29, its such a deal for pro sports...

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
aftermarket ticket prices with fees have been floating around $33+ for most games (I live walking distance to the tank so constantly watch for tickets to go cheap enough for me to randomly go)

Just go hit up the scaplers right near puck drop time for a single. They usually let these go cheap.

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Hertl recorded his 100th career point on that 'assist' yesterday. 3rd in pts/g in 2012 draft, only behind Galchenyuk and Forsberg. He's bound to pass Yakupov in total points pretty soon too. Nice :)

Fresnel

Sep 24, 2015
hm... are there actual human scalpers out there somewhere? i just watch the web sites cause I haven't seen people out selling... though I come from the non downtown side of the tank

osgoodshlatters

Apr 30, 2007
San Jose
watched the highlights from last night really quick and noticed couture could have easily checked lecavalier and prevented that 2nd goal but chose to skate right by him instead. pretty soft play.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
watched the highlights from last night really quick and noticed couture could have easily checked lecavalier and prevented that 2nd goal but chose to skate right by him instead. pretty soft play.

Honestly, I would rather Couture save it for the play-offs. Last night's win was a great morale boost - but I would have gladly taken a loss over Couture, Thornton, Pavs, Burns, hell even Marleau, getting injured. Save it for when it matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad