GDT: LA @ San Jose 7:00pm NBC-SN Kfox

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I'm not worried about the last few losses. The team is coasting and resting up for the playoffs after going through the whole year with a shortened bench.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I missed Anaheim, who are also better IMO

Every team slumps, I don't expect Chicago to play like this in the postseason

Dallas is like the opposite of LA, their D is lackluster but their scoring masks it; They'll probably get exposed in the playoffs, but no one is really close to them in scoring right now

I don't think it's fair to hold WSH'S conference against them, I think they'd have a firm PO spot in the west at worst

I'm too tired to get into a serious argument, but Chicago has been really bad for three months. Three months is not a slump.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I follow hockey and only hockey. I don't have time for other sports, and frankly they mostly just bore me to tears. So the Sharks are my one and only team in all of sports. Probably why I get so damn worked up about them. lol

I'm a Sharks and Bills fan. Heartbreak is all I know. lol

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
i could be wrong, but on the Pavelski breakaway, Randy said "Save by Jones" by accident. If that was the play he confused the two, in the NHL.com highlights they edited the audio to be "save by Quick"

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
No, LA and Anaheim are the two best teams in the league.
In a playoff format, totally agree.

Not much that separates us from them, imo. Just a matter of our best players being better than theirs. I actually prefer our D-core and depth (on paper).

-------

Pavelski had 10 points against the Kings over the 5 games :amazed:

Didn't think he looked that great tonight.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
i could be wrong, but on the Pavelski breakaway, Randy said "Save by Jones" by accident. If that was the play he confused the two, in the NHL.com highlights they edited the audio to be "save by Quick"

He did say Jones. Randy has dementia.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Big win tonight.

Who do you guys want to see in the first round of the playoffs? I'm rolling with you guys in the playoffs (I promise I'll keep any Polak chirps in the Oilers forum).

I always try and cheer for a Canadian team or a team in the division. With no Canadian teams in I'm cheering for the Sharks, I'd love to see Joe and Marleau win one. Oh and course Burnsy. He's the type guy you know would be fun to have a beer with.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The Sharks have always been one of the higher skilled teams in the league. What they have always lacked was consistency and heart. They have always slacked off when playing sub-par opponents, or after gaining a lead. The are doing much much better on the later, but the former is still a problem. With losses to Edmonton, Arizona, New Jersey and Vancouver this month, they still obviously have a problem there.

During the regular season, every team takes the foot off the gas pedal now and again. I will agree that some teams do it a little more than required (see Edmonton), and that some teams have less of the luxury of being able to do so, especially down the stretch. But this is nothing new, and it doesn't really apply to the Sharks.

The notion that the Sharks fail in the playoffs because they lack consistency and heart is a distracting one. It makes it seem like a question of their work ethic, and not of their execution.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That Quick breakaway save was at the beginning of the game, where Randy said ''Save by Jones''

I thought he corrected himself a second later though.

I instantly felt like I was back in 2014 again and Jones was playing for the Kings haha.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
In a playoff format, totally agree.

Not much that separates us from them, imo. Just a matter of our best players being better than theirs. I actually prefer our D-core and depth (on paper).

-------

Pavelski had 10 points against the Kings over the 5 games :amazed:

Didn't think he looked that great tonight.

Pavelski played well. Especially when it mattered.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Next period Andy Andreoff scores and then rips off his jersey, which prompts Randy (in full-on JR mode):

"Mah gawd1 Mah gawd! It's Sergei Samsonov! Samsonov! Samsonov! Sergei Samsonov is back and just scored against the Sharks! Bah Gawd almighty, Andy Andreoff was really Sergei Samsonov all along! That just came out of nowhere! What on earth is happening?!?!"

Holy ****, this was amazing! Just now noticed this!

My friend who is a Kings fan, absolutely hates Andreoff. And from what I've seen of him, the dude really is a rooty poo jabroni scrub.

If Andreoff scored a goal tonight, I would have never heard the end of it from him. All offseason he kept reminding me how Andreoff had a goal in last year's Kings/Sharks season finale, and his first career assist and two point game in the NHL.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
That Quick breakaway save was at the beginning of the game, where Randy said ''Save by Jones''

I thought he corrected himself a second later though.

I instantly felt like I was back in 2014 again and Jones was playing for the Kings haha.

He did, yea, but in the highlights on NHL.com they digitally edited it

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
One thing I will say is that the attendance was embarrassing. Only ~16,000 people showed up for a potential-playoff-clinching game against LA at the end of March? With the Chia Burns giveaway too...

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Logan, is that you ?

No but we've shared somber stares and sighs of sadness coupled with the "nah son..nah" headshakes from across the room at a signing when he noticed my Bills hat. I like to think we spoke in long nonverbal conversations woven in sadness in the way only men who've experienced the abyss that is Bills Football could understand. Though I could be wrong and he just saw my hat and gave me a thumbs up.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
One thing I will say is that the attendance was embarrassing. Only ~16,000 people showed up for a potential-playoff-clinching game against LA at the end of March? With the Chia Burns giveaway too...

Tickets are too gdmfn expensive

I only went to a game this year because a friend's girlfriend works for a company that got a bulk deal

I was lucky it was the Montreal curbstomping

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Tickets are too gdmfn expensive

I only went to a game this year because a friend's girlfriend works for a company that got a bulk deal

I was lucky it was the Montreal curbstomping

how much do upper deck season tickets cost now?

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
how much do upper deck season tickets cost now?

I3qTWm5.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad