Rumor: LA Kings with heavy interest in Landeskog

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Osprey ever managed to not enter a Kings related thread and trash them? Has to be one of the most vindictive posters I've ever seen on any forum.

Muzzin is what he is. To those calling him a second pairing I'd love to see a 60-90+ list of better defenders. Heck make it just 50

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Osprey ever managed to not enter a Kings related thread and trash them? Has to be one of the most vindictive posters I've ever seen on any forum.

Muzzin is what he is. To those calling him a second pairing I'd love to see a 60-90+ list of better defenders. Heck make it just 50

Agreed in a poll in hf he ranked 24th which would be a top pairing defense man rated by this site.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal

hes been trashing Muzzin for a while. look at this gem from a few weeks ago
re: the "one dimensional defensemen" thread
Muzzin fits the bill because all that he's concerned with is offense. He'll do anything that it takes to contribute on offense, even though it's highly risky defensively. He frequently pinches, makes risky keep-in plays at the blueline, skates down to or below the offensive goal line, goes for big hits (that he misses) and joins rushes even when the puck and opposing skaters are still behind him in the defensive zone. He tries to do all of the things that elite defenders get away with (like teammate Doughty), but he doesn't have the smarts to do them at the right times or the skill to get back and save his own bacon. I've never once seen him make a mistake and bail himself out. It always comes down to his teammates and the very structured system that LA plays bailing him out. It works most of the time, though, so his bad habits and lackluster defensive skills get sheltered more than most people probably realize.

you'd think Jake Muzzin is a riskier (well, up until this current season at least) Erik Karlsson from the way Osprey describes his play. dude obviously has something against him/the Kings, he's quite the curmudgeon

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Jake Muzzin with his best game of the season tonight.

Landeskog@50% Salary Retained and a 1st Rounder is now the price for Muzz. :sarcasm:

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
hes been trashing Muzzin for a while. look at this gem from a few weeks ago
re: the "one dimensional defensemen" thread

you'd think Jake Muzzin is a riskier (well, up until this current season at least) Erik Karlsson from the way Osprey describes his play. dude obviously has something against him/the Kings, he's quite the curmudgeon
the guys a blowhard. pretty sure he was run off of LGK.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Muzzin... please for the love of god don't **** it up again tonight! Show the Avs scouts why they want to overpay for your services. :)
Muzzin with 2 goals tonight. Price just went up! :laugh:

Good call. As hilarious as the timing was for that performance in the Stars game, the timing was equally hilarious for him scoring twice tonight. You can't make this up. It'll be even funnier if we eventually find out that Muzzin wasn't even the one being scouted.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Jake Muzzin with his best game of the season tonight.

Landeskog@50% Salary Retained and a 1st Rounder is now the price for Muzz. :sarcasm:

I like it! :handclap:

But seriously.....

How about this?

Landeskog
Igninla (50% retained)

...for...

Muzzin
Clague
2nd round pick 2017
1st round pick 2018 or 2019 (Avs choice)

Deal?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

But seriously.....

How about this?

Landeskog
Igninla (50% retained)

...for...

Muzzin
Clague
2nd round pick 2017

Deal?

No thank you from LA...too many picks, Clague and Muzzin both cannot be in the deal, and if a draft pick is needed I imagine the 2018 and 2019 drafts will be better than this year.
How much have you watched Iginla play in the last two years? I would want him out there or the PP and that is honestly it. I don't think he can exceed in a defense first system anymore. Hell even when he was amazing people in Calgary would criticize him for hanging around the blue line looking for a pass instead of forechecking. Revisionists history may not recall that because he is deservedly seen as a saint around here, but he was criticized too.

So in other words I don't want Iggy anymore, and if that is the actual cost of Landeskog it's an easy pass.

member 88115

But seriously.....

How about this?

Landeskog
Igninla (50% retained)

...for...

Muzzin
Clague
2nd round pick 2017

Deal?
Seeing that Hall only got Larsson= Not Happening

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
No thanks. I'm really not a Muzzin fan.

well a first round pick in 2018 or 2019 which are likely better drafts than this year, and potentially when LA is on more of a Decline, and a 2017 2nd are more than I would want LA to give, and that's not even taking into account Muzzin and Clague.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

But seriously.....

How about this?

Landeskog
Igninla (50% retained)

...for...

Muzzin
Clague
2nd round pick 2017

Deal?

Far to much Also your adding to much salary even with iginla at 50% Your adding over 3 million Only reason to give that much up is avs retaining on Landeskog (enough to blance the cap hit or at least lower it to 4.5 /5 million )

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Seeing that Hall only got Larsson= Not Happening

Larsson wasn't a month from being 28 either.

Again the Avs are years away from competing for a playoff spot and by the time they are Muzzin is 30+. Bad fit for the Avs.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I know where the Avs organization is. They are years away even with Muzzin. There is no fit.

well just some food for thought

Columbus adds jone goes to the nhl points lead
Edmonton after years of top picks finally land a good defense man there in the playoff race

With a top defense man and a top center in this draft you have two of the 3 major pieces in building a nhl team, With the rumor of bishop being let go out of tampa a quick rebuild is very possible for the avs

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
well just some food for thought

Columbus adds jone goes to the nhl points lead
Edmonton after years of top picks finally land a good defense man there in the playoff race

With a top defense man and a top center in this draft you have two of the 3 major pieces in building a nhl team, With the rumor of bishop being let go out of tampa a quick rebuild is very possible for the avs

You're trying too hard to sell Muzzin to these guys and it's not working.

A Landeskog trade is much more likely to take place at the draft then at the trade deadline IMO. Colorado really is in no rush to move him and they can take their time to get the best offer. Muzzin is really just not a good fit for them unless their management is insane.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I know where the Avs organization is. They are years away even with Muzzin. There is no fit.

OK. This one's a bit extreme, but what the hell, right?

Landeskog (50% retained)

...for...

Lintuniemi (LHD), 22 years old
Moverare (LHD), 18 years old
Clague (LHD), 18 years old

1st round pick (in whatever year isn't going to annoy certain nitpickers :laugh:)

That's THREE young, left-handed defensemen & the opportunity to select another in the 1st round. How is that a "bad fit" ....?

BTW, it's very, VERY easy to immediately criticize & denounce somebody's trade proposal without yourselves suggesting an alternative. If you immediately call out this trade for being "bad" for this, that, or whatever the reason..... if you do these things WITHOUT suggesting an alternative trade, I'm going to call out your intelligence, commitment to the game, and your level of bravery. Got it? :laugh:

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Landeskog (50% retained)

...for...

1st round pick (in whatever year isn't going to annoy certain nitpickers :laugh:)

That's THREE young, left-handed defensemen & the opportunity to select another in the 1st round. How is that a "bad fit" ....?

BTW, it's very, VERY easy to immediately criticize & denounce somebody's trade proposal without yourselves suggesting an alternative. If you immediately call out this trade for being "bad" for this, that, or whatever the reason..... if you do these things WITHOUT suggesting an alternative trade, I'm going to call out your intelligence, commitment to the game, and your level of bravery. Got it? :laugh:

doesn't work with the cap at all. even if it did, those three D are at least 3-4 years away from the NHL and Clague is the only above average prospect among them.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

Landeskog (50% retained)

...for...

overpayment in offer but avs never retain 50% over 4 years

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
You're trying too hard to sell Muzzin to these guys and it's not working.

A Landeskog trade is much more likely to take place at the draft then at the trade deadline IMO. Colorado really is in no rush to move him and they can take their time to get the best offer. Muzzin is really just not a good fit for them unless their management is insane.

The sell job I had a couple of pages ago was I could see Colorado Ownership not wanted to wait 3+ years to do a scorched earth Muzzin should be a very attractive option.

Other than a handful of studs D take longer to develop so 27 is really not old. The Avs have some solid pieces they should be able to build around. McKinnon, Grigorenko, Rantenan, and Griamdli are just a few up front. Plus if they keep one (likely both) Duchene or Landeskog.

Muzzin would really help an area of need in their backend.

I think the Avs would be best waiting till after the expansion draft. I think Vegas will have a plethora of D options, and maybe Colorado can work out a deal to acquire another teams unprotected D-man after they are drafted for less of a cost. Won't be as good of a defender either though.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
doesn't work with the cap at all. even if it did, those three D are at least 3-4 years away from the NHL and Clague is the only above average prospect among them.

Moverare is looking like an above average prospect depending on your definition. Mine is one that will actually get into the NHL, and has a decent chance of playing over 200 games. Not something every prospect can say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad