spotted DL on the phone after the Detroit game

coincidentally, testing Carter on the wing during practice

and apparently Colorado scouts were spotted at the LA/DET game

something's up that's for sure

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Ugh. Dater.

That is nice.

But Sakic just said that the Avs need to get younger.

Landeskog is 24.

The cupboard is bare in Los Angeles. Who is available for Landeskog that could even remotely make sense for an Avalanche team that is looking towards building for the future?

EDIT:

A pick for Iggy (50 % retained) could make sense, though.

The only piece that could make sense is Muzzin and trading Landeskog for him is not exactly building for the future...

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I can't see Colorado trading Landeskog unless they get a similar level defenseman back(who is in his early to mid 20s)

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
apparently the Avs are looking at Pearson & Muzzin

so that addresses youth since Pearson is 24

and Muzzin is a D the Avs need

and that is regardless of age, however he's only 27 and he can anchor the Avs D for another 10 years if need be

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

and that is regardless of age, however he's only 27 and he can anchor the Avs D for another 10 years if need be

I could see Pearson or Toffoli making sense for Colorado.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So IF Dater is really hearing info he's hearing it from Colorado and not LA correct?

So someone in Colorado is telling him that another team likes one of their players. Given what was also reported about teams submitting their offers, this sounds like a last effort by the Avs to drive the price up of another team to get value for Landeskog then turn and make another deal with LA for Duchene.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Ugh. I hope not. Don't get me wrong. Value is not bad but all in all a terrible idea.

Muzzin will be 28 next months and this team is going nowhere this season.

He will be 30+ before this team is ready to even look towards making the playoffs.

Really not the kind of deal our GM should make.

Which is why I think it might happen...

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I can't see Colorado trading Landeskog unless they get a similar level defenseman back(who is in his early to mid 20s)

If I remember correctly... The emergence of Forbort this season means that they will probably lose him for nothing at the end of the season since he's eligible for the expansion draft and playing ~20 min a night as Doughty D partner.

Maybe it's not a similar level D to Landeskog as you are suggesting but it would fit the mold of a younger defenseman who could be had via trade.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
not the best fit for colorado and what they could send back, but it might be better to get established guys that fit our current age than 19year old prospects regardless of how high they are regarded.

Qurpiz

Nudes in profile
Nov 5, 2006
Ugh. Dater.

That is nice.

But Sakic just said that the Avs need to get younger.

Landeskog is 24.

The cupboard is bare in Los Angeles. Who is available for Landeskog that could even remotely make sense for an Avalanche team that is looking towards building for the future?

To be fair to Dater, all he's saying ia LA is interested in Landeskog. Not that a trade is imminent, or anything else. Just that LA is interested, which I imagine they are.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
He also says the Pens and Bruins have interest.

The more teams that are reported to have interest, the better for us.

However I'm 100% in the "keep Landy please God" camp.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

I wonder how high they are on Lando. Personally, I wouldn't trade Muzzin 1-for-1 for him. :dunno:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
To be fair to Dater, all he's saying ia LA is interested in Landeskog. Not that a trade is imminent, or anything else. Just that LA is interested, which I imagine they are.

A poster added that the Kings have tried Carter on the wing for some odd reason and that the Avs have heavily scouted the Kings. Another one that Muzzin & Pearson are rumored to be what the Avs want.

No one knows if it will get done but it sounds like there is atleast something to those rumors.

And I really don't like it. Pens and Kings aside from the Blackhawks might be the worst trade partner imaginable for our young talent.

No top tier prospects or young players to trade and their picks will probably be late.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
kings have a plethora of young and veteran dmen. Duchene or Landeskog, i'd expect Muzzin to go for sure unless Sakic is out of his mind and wants way too much or the complete opposite (which i don't see happening, given that he is not Benning.)

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Muzzin AND Pearson is massive over-payment. I wouldn't move Muzzin alone for Landeskog.

But knowing DL's recent trades, I can see him doing something stupid like that again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad