Rumor: LA Kings with heavy interest in Landeskog

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
And Hall was not struggling offensively like Landy is now. + Muzzin has 57 more points than Larsson in the almost the same amount of games (Muzzin has played 14 more games than Larsson) played in their career.

LOL Nice to see that you completely missed the context of post. I really shouldn't even be wasting my time responding to you, but it's very slow at work so I will anyways.

1) I'm not trying to de-value Muzzin. I like the player and if circumstances were different ( Avs were a cup contending team) I would absolutely do the trade for him - but that's not the case. The Avs are in LAST place and competing with Arz for the 1st overall pick.

2) Muzzin is a Hybrid D meaning he is good offensively and defensively. Larsson is a heavy hitting stay at home D. They are opposite players so bring up points only without bring up Larssons attributes is very disingenuous. BTW Larsson and Muzzin would make a marvelous pairing.

So to sum it up for you, Muzzin is a great player who is a bad fit for the Avs because by the time they right the ship (if they ever do) he will have too few prime years left.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
LOL Nice to see that you completely missed the context of post. I really shouldn't even be wasting my time responding to you, but it's very slow at work so I will anyways.

1) I'm not trying to de-value Muzzin. I like the player and if circumstances were different ( Avs were a cup contending team) I would absolutely do the trade for him - but that's not the case. The Avs are in LAST place and competing with Arz for the 1st overall pick.

2) Muzzin is a Hybrid D meaning he is good offensively and defensively. Larsson is a heavy hitting stay at home D. They are opposite players so bring up points only without bring up Larssons attributes is very disingenuous. BTW Larsson and Muzzin would make a marvelous pairing.

So to sum it up for you, Muzzin is a great player who is a bad fit for the Avs because by the time they right the ship (if they ever do) he will have too few prime years left.

I disagree with this. I know it's a lot of doom and gloom but I don't think the Avs are as far away from being competitive (meaning playoffs not cup favorites) as people think.

They will be one of few teams with a crazy amount of cap space this summer (hello Shattenkirk and Bishop?) and I think they will be greatly improved by the mid-point of next year.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I disagree with this. I know it's a lot of doom and gloom but I don't think the Avs are as far away from being competitive (meaning playoffs not cup favorites) as people think.

They will be one of few teams with a crazy amount of cap space this summer (hello Shattenkirk and Bishop?) and I think they will be greatly improved by the mid-point of next year.

Then you do not know much about the Avs...

If you had to put money on where Shattenkirk will sign, the last team you bet on is Colorado.

We traded him and he was pretty happy about it and even said so. No chance in hell he considers signing with us. Especially when we are as bad as we are now.

Overpaying Bishop would also be a terrible idea. We need to fix the defense first before we adress our goaltending (if adressing it is even necessary afterwards).

Avs have had their flaws covered up by goaltending for way too long.

Also it takes time to build up depth and our "new" core is 21 and younger.

They will take some time before they develop into the players we hope they can be. This right now is one of the worst teams in the history of the league. It will take some time and a lot of patience to turn this into a winner.

All of that simply does not line up with a deal for Muzzin.

Sakic really, really, really should not even consider that no matter what he thinks of Muzzin as a player.

You can have Iggy, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad