Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I thought the black aces list was pretty ghetto too, given how big a deal they currently place on kids just being there to soak up the atmosphere (popcorn) and do nothing else anyway

In past years it was always massive, pretty quitter looking of them tbh

Reactions: dman3474

DyslexicTom

Jan 1, 2009
The Kings ended their season as they began: they can score goals but struggle mightily to keep the puck out of theirs.

We’ve seen it before; this is a black hole team.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
There needs to be a Vilardi Award; goes to the:::
'forward prospect that overcomes the mis-development team's work and guidance with a young forward, to become a legit top 6 NHL forward'

And...consider without his injury, he could have possibly attained 30 goals and had a bigger series.
I am expecting him to take another step next year and be a 30 goal, 65 point player.
Candidates for next year: (may include a first year NHL player - even a partial NHL season. Hey, Boldy played like 40? games last year and was pretty impressive)

Byfield
Kaliyev
Turcotte
Laferriere
Pineilli
Fagemo
Kupari (will never be top 6)
Chromiak
Helenius (will never be top 6, but surely need a 6'6" physical forward that can skate an NHL shift)

Geez. I guess since Jason Robertson went 200% beyond expectations, let's hope 1 of: Pinelli, Laferriere can go 125% better than hoped. Because there are no Bedard's or even Beniers in the system.
If Byfield goes 80% of ORIGINAL expectations, he'll be a good player. I think he can get there.
Turcotte? Still have some hope. Too big of an unknown. I believe in Arty...more than TM does.
May TM be gone before May 1. Oh, that's Monday. Fair enough.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
How badly will this board melt down when Blake extends TM's contract :laugh:
You should be banned for life for even thinking something that cruel. I don’t even want to imagine the possibility.

There needs to be a Vilardi Award; goes to the:::
'forward prospect that overcomes the mis-development team's work and guidance with a young forward, to become a legit top 6 NHL forward'

And...consider without his injury, he could have possibly attained 30 goals and had a bigger series.
I am expecting him to take another step next year and be a 30 goal, 65 point player.
Candidates for next year: (may include a first year NHL player - even a partial NHL season. Hey, Boldy played like 40? games last year and was pretty impressive)

Byfield
Kaliyev
Turcotte
Laferriere
Pineilli
Fagemo
Kupari (will never be top 6)
Chromiak
Helenius (will never be top 6, but surely need a 6'6" physical forward that can skate an NHL shift)

Geez. I guess since Jason Robertson went 200% beyond expectations, let's hope 1 of: Pinelli, Laferriere can go 125% better than hoped. Because there are no Bedard's or even Beniers in the system.
If Byfield goes 80% of ORIGINAL expectations, he'll be a good player. I think he can get there.
Turcotte? Still have some hope. Too big of an unknown. I believe in Arty...more than TM does.
May TM be gone before May 1. Oh, that's Monday. Fair enough.
Byfield. Hopefully health and a summer to work on a few things and put some weight back in helps.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
You should be banned for life for even thinking something that cruel. I don’t even want to imagine the possibility.

Byfield. Hopefully health and a summer to work on a few things and put some weight back in helps.
Byfield with another 15 pounds of muscle will be fun to watch. He's got that gangly aspect that goes away as you get more gym time and age

Reactions: funky

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
My offseason outlook

Forwards
Xxx(digger- Iafallo/Moore?)Kopitar-Kempe
xxx(PWF)-Danault-Arvidsson (I think we lean too much on this line offensively and need them to return to shutdown/checking line)
Fiala-Byfield-Vilardi
Kupari-Lizotte-xxx(physical wing)

Extras:
Arthur Kaliyev
Alex Iafallo
Trevor Moore
Carl Grundstrom
Jaret Anderson Dolan

Defense
Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov?-Roy
Xxx(hard nosed D)-Clarke

Extras:
Durzi
Walker
Edler
Bjornfot
Spence

Goalies

Korpisalo?
Copley

Extras:
Petersen

And of course a head coach capable of adapting in a 7 game series.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
My offseason outlook

Forwards
Xxx(digger- Iafallo/Moore?)Kopitar-Kempe
xxx(PWF)-Danault-Arvidsson (I think we lean too much on this line offensively and need them to return to shutdown/checking line)
Fiala-Byfield-Vilardi
Kupari-Lizotte-xxx(physical wing)

Extras:
Arthur Kaliyev
Alex Iafallo
Trevor Moore
Carl Grundstrom
Jaret Anderson Dolan

Defense
Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov?-Roy
Xxx(hard nosed D)-Clarke

Extras:
Durzi
Walker
Edler
Bjornfot
Spence

Goalies

Korpisalo?
Copley

Extras:
Petersen

And of course a head coach capable of adapting in a 7 game series.

Is it legal to have a coach who adapts and realizes what system matches his players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad