Confirmed with Link: LA Kings @LAKings Welcome to Los Angeles, Phillip Danault!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
ESPN says he's been the Kings' best newcomer (cue: "But ESPN <yada yada>"):

NHL Power Rankings: 1-32 poll, plus the best new addition for every team (espn.com)

<..>

i

24. Los Angeles Kings

Previous ranking: 25
Points percentage: 0.389
Upcoming schedule: vs. STL (Nov. 3), vs. NJ (Nov. 5), @ TOR (Nov. 8), @ MTL (Nov. 9)

Phillip Danault (UFA signing). The Kings raised eyebrows in signing Danault to a massive six-year, $33 million contract, but so far, it's working for them. L.A. already had a top-line center in Anze Kopitar and needed Danault for depth. He's come in as the quintessential shutdown guy, producing stats that may look underwhelming (one goal and three points in nine games), but has a two-way game and suffocating forecheck that keeps L.A. on the puck.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
You bet they are... but don't expect that bipolar fanbase to admit that.
I knew it but Habs fanbase of hfboards doesn't represent all the Habs fans. I'm one who said it was an huge mistake. Hfb Habs fans are looking at all the wrong directions to explain the mess that happened.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
If anything Danault is making Iafallo a much more confident player. I really want to see Vilardi as RW on that line. At least for a few "easier" games. Heck Arty as well. That line needs a sniper and it will be a scoring threat every shift. Excellent possession numbers but you got to shoot to score.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
If anything Danault is making Iafallo a much more confident player. I really want to see Vilardi as RW on that line. At least for a few "easier" games. Heck Arty as well. That line needs a sniper and it will be a scoring threat every shift. Excellent possession numbers but you got to shoot to score.
I actually like Kempe on that line. Those guys fly up the ice and can shut down opponents. If you put a vilardi or kaliyev there, you lose some of that shut down ability.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
I actually like Kempe on that line. Those guys fly up the ice and can shut down opponents. If you put a vilardi or kaliyev there, you lose some of that shut down ability.

For sure, but I'am willing to sacrifice a little defence to improve the goals for.
I would move Kemp up. And Have Kempe-Daddy-Arvy then AI-Danault- Kaliyev\Vilardi. Just trying to maximize the potential to score more goals in the top 6. Moore-Kupari-Brown is a solid 3rd line. Lemmy and whoever on the 4th.

With the right mix of players on a line we surely can become a more consistent scoring threat team.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
The Iafallo, Danault, and Kempe line should stay together. Even though Kempe is not a finisher per se, he is amazing at driving the puck into the O-Zone (as is Danault). D and Iafallo are also great at hounding the puck and keeping the cycle going.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Find the last Iafallo goal. Kupari is bringing the puck up, full throttle and is going to be stopped at the blueline, he dishes a quick pass to Phil, and less than 1 second of having it,
makes a sharp pass to Iafallo, who is breaking in and scores. 90% of all other Kings, do not make that pass. They would receive the puck from Kupari and look up for their
options, waste 2 seconds and that play never happens...or worse, the defender stops anything from happening. Phil has near elite sense and IQ. You can probably find the replay with the sequence.
Phil is good with fast little plays. It's basic first skills of hockey but he's very good at it. He can make a play in one second, just a fast rebound by poke checking, 80% of the time it deflect in a good direction like a pass to his wingers. Gallagher was following him closely and scored 30 goals per saison frequently. With the free pucks Danault was sending him, Gallagher had rushes to net very often. He can enter in the zone not being offside and quickly make a pass, etc. He's safe in most situations.

And I'm not mentioning Tatar who was his left winger. He had saisons of 25G + playing left side of Danault and Gally. Great hands when he have the time, dangerous around the net. Tatar will never have such saisons in his future. He's not such a good player, he's peripheric, he doesn't go into heavy traffic. You don't want that player in your team, period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
I think the most telling thing is there aren't a ton of this summer's visitors even trying to show up here to say "I told you so."

There are still a few on the main boards that need to be educated.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
There are still a few on the main boards that need to be educated.
Never try give a education to someone who wont listen .. it will be futile ... haha but hf to adding PD sure has picked up AI 's game (yes i use initials so i don't have to remember how to spell names) haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad