Confirmed with Link: LA Kings @LAKings Welcome to Los Angeles, Phillip Danault!

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Supporter of Montreal, I saw Danault play more than you in my opinion. He is an excellent center to play against the best opposing lines. A guy you play in a complete team and a candidate for the title, on a 3rd line, behind two centers with an offensive vocation which dominate. But LA does not have two players of this profile currently.

Yours and other comments about Danault I keep thinking about. If you have a player like Phillip getting 3rd line minutes than you have an extremely deep team. LA was already lucky to have Stoll playing there and he did not have the offensive tools from Danault.

I am kinda shocked he has scored a couple of goals with a slapshot too. I will be the first to admit I was kinda baffled when LA signed him for $5M+.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Danault is such a stud. I don't think any of us were prepared to see such a sustained increase in his offensive numbers.

Reactions: Telos and Sol

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I disagree with Sol on plenty of things, including that signing. However given he’s acknowledged he was not correct since, you’re just trolling… again.
Of course he's not correct! That's just a fact, that doesn't make him some noble prince for acknowledging facts. Problem is, it's a constant trait...and it's lame, and I'm going to enjoy rubbing his nose in it. Thx for playing.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Of course he's not correct! That's just a fact, that doesn't make him some noble prince for acknowledging facts. Problem is, it's a constant trait...and it's lame, and I'm going to enjoy rubbing his nose in it. Thx for playing.
Remember when you were gloating about Sturm's PP in the AHL doing so well earlier this season? And how bad the Kings PP was? Why aren't you talking about that anymore?

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Remember when you were gloating about Sturm's PP in the AHL doing so well earlier this season? And how bad the Kings PP was? Why aren't you talking about that anymore?
But it was all true at the time, our PP was doing nothing. Danault was never a 'legit terrible signing' unless you were born with rocks in your head.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
But it was all true at the time, our PP was doing nothing. Danault was never a 'legit terrible signing' unless you were born with rocks in your head.
And yet when the coaching stuff makes bad decisions (yes, it is possible) you cry and whine that people dare criticize them. By whining about the negativity here you've become the most negative person here, it's pathetic. Once you realize this board doesn't all hold the same opinions and that some people like Danualt, some people don't, some people like Fiala trade, some people don't then your experience here will stop being so negative and maybe people will take you off the ignore list.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
And yet when the coaching stuff makes bad decisions (yes, it is possible) you cry and whine that people dare criticize them. By whining about the negativity here you've become the most negative person here, it's pathetic. Once you realize this board doesn't all hold the same opinions and that some people like Danualt, some people don't, some people like Fiala trade, some people don't then your experience here will stop being so negative and maybe people will take you off the ignore list.
How will people here know my experience is less negative if I'm on their ignore list?

(and for the record, I don't have a problem with legitimate criticism when warranted, it's the frequent, overly-dramatic whining that does it for me)

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Since we are revisiting...

This one will never get old.
Are you going to bump this every time? Lol. My initial reaction vs after a day after it settled is very different. I admire your obsession. From making fun of people for being on here daily to dedicating your life to go through my posts. Living rent free lol.

Reactions: Schrute farms

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Most of the reactions people have here are based on some combination of emotional and logical processing. Especially immediate reactions.

The McLellan bootlickers have absolved themselves of logical processing and just lean on the emotional response of "OMG LOVE THE KINGS". So, it's easy to jump on the bandwagon that no coaching decision is a bad one.

It's like when you brought up the powerplay and Sturm. The response is/was surely "Well, the powerplay was bad at the time I said it. It was on the players for not executing." There's this lack of awareness that changes in the system takes time and adjustments, for both the players and the coach.

Most of the critics, by and large, acknowledge that things take time. But it's also why there's impatience; because it takes time, there should be a good organizational set-up with all the pieces. Note that we're not complaining about McLellan giving Byfield more minutes. It's because we had a pointed criticism and have changed our stance on a topic now that things have changed. An irrational criticism would be saying that TMac is an idiot for playing Byfield, because Byfield isn't a first-liner yet.

As for Fiala, I didn't like it for a few reasons. I also think it remains to be seen how great the trade is when 1) we're just half a season into a 7-year contract and 2) two of the pieces have yet to play a professional game (both of which could have been of great benefit in the near future)

Reactions: YAYSAY

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Probably

So then, it's fair to categorize your reaction as like....maybe....dumb and overly dramatic? I agree and I'm glad you are learning from that (oh wait, no you aren't)
Do you remember when you started fantasizing about me? I actually don’t remember when I got you in your feelings. Even though you annoy everyone, I’ve actually found your mental collapse pretty funny. So, thank you for the entertainment.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I disagree with Sol on plenty of things, including that signing. However given he’s acknowledged he was not correct since, you’re just trolling… again.
I’ll even elaborate why I didn’t like the signing initially. I didn’t think his numbers were worth such commitment but also I was worried that they were going to bury the rookies like Byfield. Danault is a good player for sure but there’s legit reasons to not like the signing. We’ve all talked about rookies getting the shaft and he was another shaft in their story. I don’t know why my admirer loves to dig through my old posts but I don’t think me not liking the signing initially was illogical.

Reactions: Statto

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Still seems like a potential 'closer to the playoffs, farther away from the Stanley Cup' type move.

I do love him though.

Reactions: Sol

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Absolutely love the deal. He shut down Matthews, Stone and Point in the playoffs. May be in the conversation for best defensive centerman in the game. Is underrated offensively. Brings much needed character into the locker room. To get someone of this caliber, you are going to have to over pay, and this was not huge over payment by any means. Kopitar now has a shot for the all time points record for the Kings. I say slap an 'A' right on PD jersey and point to him as the example for the kids to follow. Great signing!
When we are talking about guy that liked the deal, Piston was one that was touting Danault prior to free agency. I was a bit skeptical due to the supposed lack of scoring but the fact that all of his points were at even strength got me over that issue.
Blake has made this team tougher to play against with this and the Arvidsson additions. There is a serious lack of "try" on this team and Blake has added two guys that try.

He's the type of player they can still win with in the later years of this contract. You can't just sit on your hands and hope that every prospect turns into a guy that can go out and be as good as Danault. All of these prospects aren't going to be here or even in the NHL but the Kings have a legit center for when they move a couple of these prospects or they bust.

It isn't flashy and, as Kings fans, I know we are starved for excitement. He scores all of his points at even strength while also eating tough minutes. Lowering Kopitar's TOI by a few minutes will go a long way, hopefully as soon as the 2022-23 season when you are hoping Byfield is legit.
And when I kind of get something right I may as well pay myself on the back a bit. Still think this was a bit of a Turcotte hedge as well as not knowing if Vilardi would cut it as a C.

Kopitar is playing less...by 25 seconds from last year. That still hasn't really happened.

He's played 121 regular season games for the Kings and basically has a 15% shooting percentage. That's pretty high considering that he never topped 10% during a full season in Montreal. You don't like seeing the -3 but there are only five guys on the roster in plus territory. It is wild that Danault is on a 59 point pace halfway through the year when the biggest criticism of his play was that he couldn't score.

Just want to mention again that Iafallo's stat line might be the best looking one on the team and it is relevant here as it seems like Danault has gotten back in the groove while playing with him. 65 point pace over 82 games and best +/- for a forward on the team.

Reactions: Piston

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I’ll even elaborate why I didn’t like the signing initially. I didn’t think his numbers were worth such commitment but also I was worried that they were going to bury the rookies like Byfield. Danault is a good player for sure but there’s legit reasons to not like the signing. We’ve all talked about rookies getting the shaft and he was another shaft in their story. I don’t know why my admirer loves to dig through my old posts but I don’t think me not liking the signing initially was illogical.
Fair. I didn’t agree but your perspective wasn’t unreasonable.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Do you remember when you started fantasizing about me? I actually don’t remember when I got you in your feelings. Even though you annoy everyone, I’ve actually found your mental collapse pretty funny. So, thank you for the entertainment.
I do, actually. It was when you posted that selfie with your new Kings jersey and teasing us by only exposing half of that well groomed face. I thought to my self, ‘what a hot hunk to go along with all those hot takes!’

While RJ is spitting out his coffee (that’s original), I’m spitting out something else….if ya know what I mean, sailor.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Just want to mention again that Iafallo's stat line might be the best looking one on the team and it is relevant here as it seems like Danault has gotten back in the groove while playing with him. 65 point pace over 82 games and best +/- for a forward on the team.

Was making similar observation....Danault and Arvi are so good that any credible player can rack up points. Note Im not downgrading Iafallo or Moore- but does seem like Danault and Arvidson are major drivers on this line. Would love to see what Iafallos PPG is compared to Moores on that line- willing to bet is pretty similar.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00