LA KINGS 2023/4 Regular season discussion

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
It sure is funny how Axl disappears after screaming at everyone, and Surf Nutz show up after a 9 month break to continue screaming at everyone. :popcorn:
They definitely are different posters. Maybe from the same place though. Both are kookoo; and both think the Kings FO is infallible and anyone questioning them are the arch enemy.

Surf has me on block (thank you God); while Axl still sends me DMs (last one just 10 days ago).

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Hopefully the Kings have an answer for McDavid or that little bitch draisaitl whos entire career revolves around McDavid finessing the PK and throwing a pass to Draisaitl whos sleeping near the corner faceoff dot.
You could argue they do...

They have the best PK in the league (last year when they lost to the Oilers the PK was a HUGE reason why) and they have notable 'star-killer' Phil Danault. They also have strong depth throughout the lineup and a number of particularly strong defensive forwards.

Danault is incredible at shutting down star players, particularly in the playoffs. If the Oilers PP was scoring at even like a 35% rate during Round 1 against the Kings last year, the Kings probably win that series.

Oilers have the edge in terms of being assholes though, that's the main thing lacking from the Kings lineup.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Kings now 13-7-1 under Hiller for a point % of 64%. 10th best in the league since the break. If you break the 21 games into 7 game chunks, the Kings have won at least 4 of all three 7 game chunks. Of particular note, they are tied for 3rd in GAA (2.3) since the break. 5th in team save% at 92.1% since the break.

Maybe not quite the high flying team they were before Christmas, but it looks like Blake pulled the right lever in letting McLellan go. Now on glide path to playoffs (98% probability, according to sportsclubstats.com).

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Kings now 13-7-1 under Hiller for a point % of 64%. 10th best in the league since the break. If you break the 21 games into 7 game chunks, the Kings have won at least 4 of all three 7 game chunks. Of particular note, they are tied for 3rd in GAA (2.3) since the break. 5th in team save% at 92.1% since the break.

Maybe not quite the high flying team they were before Christmas, but it looks like Blake pulled the right lever in letting McLellan go. Now on glide path to playoffs (98% probability, according to sportsclubstats.com).
Icing more defenseman = better defense, obviously.

Could get that GAA down to 1.5 if they start rolling out a 9/9 lineup.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It sure is funny how Axl disappears after screaming at everyone, and Surf Nutz show up after a 9 month break to continue screaming at everyone. :popcorn:

tenor.gif

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
I have a hard time remembering anyone's usernames on here tbh.

In my head we have RacoonJesus (Legend), the guy who loves TOUGHNESS (Utah), Sol (Anti-Kopitar), that other guy who hunts and owns a boat, and then the spazz that is Axl. Oh and the weeb (KingsHolyGrail?)
How did I miss this? How does he mention he has a boat? ie..."kings are sinking, like my boat's bilge pump failing" or is he like T Pain when he's on a boat?

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Jim fox was on sirius xm power play rehashing the minn game and i learned how supportive he is of pld refusing hartman and instead going after some kid he pribably has 6" and 40lbs on. And if ive never been on nhl ice as an nhl player ineex to shut up about it. I also learned about how wonderfully pld is doing with his grading system.
After yelling at the radio about how i know a cowardly bully when i see one and continuing to scream at fox to ask: WHATS HIS PLUS-MINUS
I shut off the radio to avoing becoming any more unhinged and crazy than i already am.
I need to work on my anger regarding this little beady eyed wierdo

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I remember meeting and chatting with Fox before game 3 when I traveled to LA for the finals in 2012. He seemed like a totally chill down to earth guy... I guess winning does have a way of clouding your judgement, because that take is oof, not great.

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
You could argue they do...

They have the best PK in the league (last year when they lost to the Oilers the PK was a HUGE reason why) and they have notable 'star-killer' Phil Danault. They also have strong depth throughout the lineup and a number of particularly strong defensive forwards.

Danault is incredible at shutting down star players, particularly in the playoffs. If the Oilers PP was scoring at even like a 35% rate during Round 1 against the Kings last year, the Kings probably win that series.

Oilers have the edge in terms of being assholes though, that's the main thing lacking from the Kings lineup.
The Kings’ pk save percentage right now is .917, which is the highest I can find since 08-09 (Minnesota). This is despite being middle of the road in terms of scoring chances allowed.

I’m sure this’ll hold up in the playoffs, though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad