LA KINGS 2023/4 Regular season discussion

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
When I say the Kings need to build a team good enough to beat the Oilers that should be the where the conversation ends. The playoffs should the Kings make it most likely will always have the oilers in it. If the Kings cannot beat the oilers then theres zero reason to keep this organization the same way its been. The playoffs are the oilers. Hopefully the Kings have an answer for McDavid or that little bitch draisaitl whos entire career revolves around McDavid finessing the PK and throwing a pass to Draisaitl whos sleeping near the corner faceoff dot.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Dunno if it was mentioned or talked about on this board, as I don't remember seeing it, but Kypreos mentioned about a week ago that at the deadline the Kings not only tapped Ullmark but also Markstrom and both rejected a trade to LA. He also says that Markstrom rejected because they don't want to go to the West Coast, but Ullmark rejected LA because he believes Boston has a better chance to win the cup than the Kings. Which he isn't wrong, but that is different than the travel time and distance from family explanation that came out of the rumor mill at the deadline.

Blake's recreating the LA country club 2.0 where guys get paid well to chill and live a good lifestyle. PLD is his first big hire in this regard - so happy to be in LA and coast through an entire season. Guys that want to win will stay far far away from this 90s rerun LA club that DL had successfully destroyed and made LA a winner's destination.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
As GBH implied, the bad teams lose a lot so it makes sense that good teams also have great records against the cellar dwellers but, man, 38-1-7 is wild. Like, the good Kings teams seemed to play down to the comp but get up for the good teams. Blake's roster just feasts on these teams.

My hypothesis: the Kings record is so good against these teams not just because these teams are bad but also because they generally are perfectly cool with a low intensity affair: exactly the environment where this roster shines.

Yup, obviously the good teams feast on the bad teams, but the Kings record is pretty insane.

For comparison here are our two biggest division rivals records vs. those same teams in the same time frame.

Edmonton: 31-9-3
Vegas: 30-11-6

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
When I say the Kings need to build a team good enough to beat the Oilers that should be the where the conversation ends. The playoffs should the Kings make it most likely will always have the oilers in it. If the Kings cannot beat the oilers then theres zero reason to keep this organization the same way its been. The playoffs are the oilers. Hopefully the Kings have an answer for McDavid or that little bitch draisaitl whos entire career revolves around McDavid finessing the PK and throwing a pass to Draisaitl whos sleeping near the corner faceoff dot.

The Kings cannot answer the Oilers because there is no line combination they could possibly ice that is pound for pound better than McDavid and Draisaitl together. Simultaneously, the Kings depth is also not strong enough to make up for how good the top line can be when stacked.

Lets say the following;

Mcdavid + Draisaitl +4
The rest of their team -3

The Kings:

Any line against the top line -4
The rest of the team +3

You still lost by 1. if the depth was in a place where they could steam roll the bottom, thats one thing, or if the top line was good enough to consistently contain Mcdavid thats one thing, but simultaneously they are built to lose currently

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
The Kings cannot answer the Oilers because there is no line combination they could possibly ice that is pound for pound better than McDavid and Draisaitl together. Simultaneously, the Kings depth is also not strong enough to make up for how good the top line can be when stacked.

Lets say the following;

Mcdavid + Draisaitl +4
The rest of their team -3

The Kings:

Any line against the top line -4
The rest of the team +3

You still lost by 1. if the depth was in a place where they could steam roll the bottom, thats one thing, or if the top line was good enough to consistently contain Mcdavid thats one thing, but simultaneously they are built to lose currently
Did you just use basic math in a made up scenario to "prove" the Kings can't win? "Hey everyone, if I have a million dollars and you only have five dollars, you can't outspend me. See? I'm richer than you." Odd.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Did you just use basic math in a made up scenario to "prove" the Kings can't win? "Hey everyone, if I have a million dollars and you only have five dollars, you can't outspend me. See? I'm richer than you." Odd.

This isn't using actual data, this is just using numbers to explain the logic I'm talking about here. How could it be the case that the Kings, with a FAR DEEPER and more complete team than the Oilers, lose to them all the time? It's because the Oilers top end, when stacked, is the best in the league, and the Kings top end isn't enough to contain it.

Why do the rah rah gang here take the least charitable, most dumb interpretation of everything I say?

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
This isn't using actual data, this is just using numbers to explain the logic I'm talking about here. How could it be the case that the Kings, with a FAR DEEPER and more complete team than the Oilers, lose to them all the time? It's because the Oilers top end, when stacked, is the best in the league, and the Kings top end isn't enough to contain it.

Why do the rah rah gang here take the least charitable, most dumb interpretation of everything I say?
"rah rah gang"? You used an example that, as you said, has no actual data to "prove" something. The reason the Kings kept losing to the Oilers has nothing to do with your make believe math. It had to do with their coaching.

When you have piss poor coaching that can't/won't/doesn't make adjustments, that's how you lose the next two games. It has nothing to do with the two players you mentioned suddenly being better or something. They averaged 3.2ppg when they got up 3 games to 2 and when they lost the next two games...those guys averaged 3.5ppg.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, the Kings aren't "FAR DEEPER and more complete" than the Oilers.

If people keep taking the least charitable, most dumb interpretation of everything you say...it might be more about what you're saying than how people are responding.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Funny that guy SurfNutz was going on yesterday about all the players watching LA because they signed Kopitar early. Looks like players are watching alright and dont think LA is all that good.

You lost this round Kopitar resigned for 7 million boo hoo, right when he is cashing in points in addition to all the little things he does on both sides of the buck.

It's the hand of God handing you an L, for you trying to nickel and dime the greatest player in Kings history.

Plenty of bad takes but this was your worst ever!
I refuse to believe Blake will survive after this season. That’d be sheer insanity

Dead wrong again.

AEG will have him manage out his contract til the end of next season.
Are you guys f***ing kidding me

Yuu really need us to go back and literally ind the word 'contender' in the offseason to make you happy

No, you can go f*** yourselves, because the moment we do, the goalposts move again. This is just shades of Axl. Believe the actual messaging or the semantic argument if it makes you feel better.

I can guarantee you what you WONT find--blake or luc saying 'haha yeah we might be a wild card or playoff team, we'll just get in and see what happens'. YOu will definitely find wording closer to contender than you will "no we aren't going to be making moves at the deadline."

Triggered much?

Maybe Kurillino is AXL's burner account.

Maybe you are also AXL , just playing the antagonist.

Someone should make a you tube video about this Shiite.

Would everybody who is actually AXL please speak up and stop blaming me?

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Great work, the gods will now make sure we face another , less cheesy orange opponent this year.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You lost this round Kopitar resigned for 7 million boo hoo, right when he is cashing in points in addition to all the little things he does on both sides of the buck.

It's the hand of God handing you an L, for you trying to nickel and dime the greatest player in Kings history.

Dead wrong again.

AEG will have him manage out his contract til the end of next season.

Triggered much?

Maybe Kurillino is AXL's burner account.

Maybe you are also AXL , just playing the antagonist.

Someone should make a you tube video about this Shiite.

Would everybody who is actually AXL please speak up and stop blaming me?
Listen Axl, you’re hitting the good stuff too hard if you think management will let Blake toil away another year. 3 first round exits is a surefire fire.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

You act like I hate Kopitar. I am a big fan. I went to his milestone night. Hes the best King.
With that said there is no shame in him taking one year deals at 3.8-4.5 million. It would go a long way to bring back Arvidsson or Roy or upgrade to the next tier of goaltending. You know make the team better so they can win.
You had him pencilled in as a 3c. It would help the team

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Attention Mr/MRS, Sol.

THe firing of McLlelan, will lend credence.

The injuries at the deadline, gifts a mulligan.

AEG still paying McLleland and hate paying more.

They won't fire Blake because they would also have to pay a new GM at the same time.

Get names right, Byfield not Bustfield, Surf Nutz not AXL!

I know you miss your little buddy AXL since he broke up with you, your broken heart will mend.
You act like I hate Kopitar. I am a big fan. I went to his milestone night. Hes the best King.
With that said there is no shame in him taking one year deals at 3.8-4.5 million. It would go a long way to bring back Arvidsson or Roy or upgrade to the next tier of goaltending. You know make the team better so they can win.
You had him pencilled in as a 3c. It would help the team

OMG!

The why would you slap him in the face and nuts at the same time with a contract like that.

You are way off the reservation, Tonto!

Last edited:

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I knew Quick was going to break it at some point, just never thought with a different team. Guy is too competitive to call it quits.

Reactions: Shellz

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
F4976DB780829574251A1540CDCA4DF0F96BFF97

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
It sure is funny how Axl disappears after screaming at everyone, and Surf Nutz show up after a 9 month break to continue screaming at everyone. :popcorn:
I have a hard time remembering anyone's usernames on here tbh.

In my head we have RacoonJesus (Legend), the guy who loves TOUGHNESS (Utah), Sol (Anti-Kopitar), that other guy who hunts and owns a boat, and then the spazz that is Axl. Oh and the weeb (KingsHolyGrail?)

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad