Kyrie requests a trade

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think the "I don't want to play with LeBron" thing is just a smoke screen. I personally think this is Kyrie getting ahead of LeBron in this instance. Why wait around for LeBron to hold the Cavs hostage all season? What happens if Kyrie stays and LeBron leaves him high and dry next summer?

I can do without the 4 preferred teams that Kyrie and his camp gave the Cavs. You request a trade, you will be traded wherever the team gets a best return. But he has to look out for his own career, not look out for LeBron's. He most likely knows the writing is on the wall with LeBron getting the hell out of Cleveland next summer.

He's reportedly pissed that LeBron gets preferential treatment. I.e LBJ's associates and friends are allowed to travel with the team.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What the **** :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well to be fair, his three closest friends are his business manager/partner, personal trainer and agent so its not like they're random ass guys coming on these trips. But it is far from the norm and shouldn't be allowed even if he is the best player in the league, this is what happens when you have your team owner by the balls.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Lose to the Warriors twice in three years?

Basically guaranteed a Finals Appearance for the foreseeable future with this core?

Demands a trade.

Looks like this may over take that one guy who left as a free agent, as the weakest move in sports.

The one thing I understand from him is that he doesn't want to sit around all season not knowing LeBron's next move. He's trying to get out while its somewhat plausible instead of waiting - if LBJ leaves and he requests a trade he will become the villain. And for him., he's already got his ring and while winning multiple would be cool, he's got the biggest burden out of the way.

I also think after seeing Beastbrook and Harden shine after coming out of their star team mates shadows is impacting him. Both became some of the absolute best in the league after they started to run offences and become "the guy" on their team.

They had an opportunity to build a dynasty like the Warriors instead of renting players with no loyalty. That is why they have a fractured locker room. James, Irving, Thompson, Wiggins, all drafted by Cleveland. Wiggins with his rookie contract would have given them more flexibility to go out and add another important piece. Wiggins could have learned a lot from Lebron too going against him in practice.
Instead they got a championship and were amazing.

This organization is all about pointing fingers and being selfish. The exact opposite of what Golden state is.

You need to understand, LeBron doesn't come back without the trade for Love. When he agreed to come back, it was contingent on them trading for Love, Melo or Aldridge. Wiggins was going regardless, besides they actually won a championship after trading him instead of hoping they could win multiple with him.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The one thing I understand from him is that he doesn't want to sit around all season not knowing LeBron's next move. He's trying to get out while its somewhat plausible instead of waiting - if LBJ leaves and he requests a trade he will become the villain. And for him., he's already got his ring and while winning multiple would be cool, he's got the biggest burden out of the way.

I also think after seeing Beastbrook and Harden shine after coming out of their star team mates shadows is impacting him. Both became some of the absolute best in the league after they started to run offences and become "the guy" on their team.

You need to understand, LeBron doesn't come back without the trade for Love. When he agreed to come back, it was contingent on them trading for Love, Melo or Aldridge. Wiggins was going regardless, besides they actually won a championship after trading him instead of hoping they could win multiple with him.
I completely understand. Lebron James lack of foresight and desire for immediate results were his motivating factor for returning to Cleveland. But lets be honest, Minny Love was not Cleveland Love. They could have found a cheaper vet to fill that role but because Love was hailed as a great player on a bad team he was the flavor of the month at that time. I think they sacrificed 1 championship for multiple with that reasoning and will ultimately handy cap the team for the next decade when the great exodus starts.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think LeBron was short sighted re: Wiggins, I just think he was impatient. He most likely knew how good Wiggins could be but he would have had to wait 3-5 years for Wiggins to truly develop. At that point, he's nearing the end of his contract and who knows if he wins a championship for Cleveland.

I was always of the opinion that the Kevin Love Cleveland was trading for was not going to be the Kevin Love who played for the Timberwolves. That was a guy who padded his stats on a horrible team because nobody else could score or rebound except for him.

I still think this has nothing to do with actually playing alongside LeBron and everything to do with getting ahead of him. Why wait on LeBron to make his decision and impact your career when you can impact your career yourself? Kyrie is a smart dude, he knows what he's doing. LeBron is probably blindsided by this because he didn't expect anyone to undercut him with his decision making.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I completely understand. Lebron James lack of foresight and desire for immediate results were his motivating factor for returning to Cleveland. But lets be honest, Minny Love was not Cleveland Love. They could have found a cheaper vet to fill that role but because Love was hailed as a great player on a bad team he was the flavor of the month at that time. I think they sacrificed 1 championship for multiple with that reasoning and will ultimately handy cap the team for the next decade when the great exodus starts.

I agree. K-Love was an absolute beast in Minny, it was a given he wouldn't be as good now that he was going to be the 3rd guy in the offence as opposed to the top guy. And yea they could have found a cheaper vet, but then they wouldn't have a Big 3 and LeBron was not interested in playing anywhere without one. That's the only way he was going to win more rings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad