Kyrie requests a trade

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'd also probably rather have Rubio on my team than Irving. But I'm biased towards these euroball type PGs.

LOL. Rubio isn't better than Kyrie on defense (both suck) and the man can't even run a pick and roll. The defense just sags off of him because he can't shoot. He also sucks at finishing inside, one of Kyries strengths.

Although I do agree that Kyrie is a little overrated. He's not top-10 in the NBA, but he is definitely top-20.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Rubio was actually more efficient from the midrange than Towns and Wiggins last season. And he gets an obscenely low ast'd% for his finishes at the rim, which hurts his %age. Just lock him in a gym for the summer and tell him to do layup drills and chuck threes. Voila, a better player than Kyrie.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Rubio was actually more efficient from the midrange than Towns and Wiggins last season. And he gets an obscenely low ast'd% for his finishes at the rim, which hurts his %age. Just lock him in a gym for the summer and tell him to do layup drills and chuck threes. Voila, a better player than Kyrie.

Only that hasn't happened for the last 6 seasons.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

Even if he were an average shooter I would take Kyrie over him, easy. Kyrie is clutch and an awesome ballhandler.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
The team wasn't pointing fingers at each other it was the media trying to create stories. Being cocky is a result based on past accomplishments and being careless in the moment. Without Green's suspension the Warriors probably win that series. No one has drafted 12 players and won a championship with them, they have always added free agents. Hindsight makes for great debate

Real or imagined the media will find those stories when you lose. Notice how it's possible Kyrie was asking for a trade last Summer but no one sniffed it?

Also, what if Draymond isn't suspended and GS still loses? What if Cleveland is healthy the first matchup and wins? What if it's the Cavs who are 2-1, then who do teams emulate? Again, acting like there is a clear model isn't realistic for all teams.

Make It Biznasty*

Jul 18, 2012
Our wing players were statistically among the worst defenders in the NBA.

Also Rubio is a bum on both sides of the floor.

So is Dieng.

It was Towns, 2 pure scorers/ass defenders, and 2 bums. No wonder we sucked.

Now we have Jimmy (light years better than lavine defensively), Teague (>>>Rubio) and Gibson (good on defense).

Also Jamal Crawford, a really cool bench ballhandler.

wow you clearly don't know how to evaluate basketball talent

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Both Windhorst and Lowe think Kyrie gets traded. There's also this from a Cavs reporter.....

CLEVELAND -- Derrick Rose and the Cavaliers agreed to a one-year deal for $2.1 million contract Monday after spending the day together, discussing how the team will return to the Finals without Kyrie Irving.

Rose, 28, the 2011 NBA MVP whose career has been hampered by knee injuries, is on his way to the Cavs looking for the first trip to the Finals after eight pro seasons. He's also looking at a potential starting spot in the same lineup with LeBron James, now that Irving has asked for a trade and James is eager to see him off.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/07/derrick_rose_cavaliers_agree_t.html

darko

Feb 16, 2009
LOL. Rubio isn't better than Kyrie on defense (both suck) and the man can't even run a pick and roll. The defense just sags off of him because he can't shoot. He also sucks at finishing inside, one of Kyries strengths.

Although I do agree that Kyrie is a little overrated. He's not top-10 in the NBA, but he is definitely top-20.

Rubio is very good defensively.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
My favourite part of this story so far might be Stephen A. Smith saying LeBron would be tempted to put his hands on Kyrie if he saw him in person right now. :laugh:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
My favourite part of this story so far might be Stephen A. Smith saying LeBron would be tempted to put his hands on Kyrie if he saw him in person right now. :laugh:
Pretty much this whole story is a complete fabrication based on exaggerations of speculations. They are trying to kill any expectations for the season. If no one is traded this has to be the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad