Injury Report: Kyle Murray has a torn ACL

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
This video makes it clear the ACL is torn. Talking with a trainer friend, watch the change between Murray’s white socks and red pants where his tibia in the white sock shifts backward. That change of position in the lower leg happens when the ACL ruptures.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This video makes it clear the ACL is torn. Talking with a trainer friend, watch the change between Murray’s white socks and red pants where his tibia in the white sock shifts backward. That change of position in the lower leg happens when the ACL ruptures.

Yeah pretty much.

Pretty much a given any time a guy buckles to the ground like that without contact means either ACL or Achilles.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Read last night the Cards are 5-18 in their last 23 games (or somethin like that).

It was already a lost season for them anyways.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
This makes the already awful decision to give Murray a huge extension even worse. I don't see how Keim or Kingsbury survive the offseason if they even last that long.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Yeah pretty much.

Pretty much a given any time a guy buckles to the ground like that without contact means either ACL or Achilles.
I still remember Dan Marino's torn achilles like it was yesterday. You just knew something was wrong after he stepped the way he did, it was so awkward and unnatural.

Marino never really could work the pocket the same way again. He was never a runner but he was good at finding himself space to throw. That never really came back, and that sucked because prime Marino was ludicrous in an era where elite QB's were not held by the hand and protected they way they are today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad