Votes: 161 29.7%
  • Concerned

Votes: 169 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Give Dubas a long term contract to continue the work he started. It took longer than all Leafs fans wanted to get some playoff success, but Dubas has built a team that can play playoff hockey and win. With some puck luck it might've happened a few years earlier, but nonetheless I've liked the things he's done with this franchise to date and I really hope he stays for a long while yet. :)

deltamachine

Mar 30, 2013
He didn't blow his entire load at the dealine. Didn't trade Knies. I think there's an understanding he will be back, but just not announced for optics if they don't get out the first round again, in which case, it would be very short term, one more chance before a new GM can come in before the big contracts are up. If they go on a good run, he gets to write his own ticket.

bentharbs

Feb 25, 2018
I think regardless of the outcome of the TB series he earned his spot. You can't say he didn't put together a team with a great shot at a series win (I'd argue he built a SC contender).

That said, if the leafs lost (or lose in the next round) Dubas' main task is some level of big change because clearly the built core can't get it done. I don't mean rebuild at all, but some shuffling of one of the top 4 contracts.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Pretty certain he just secured a new contract.

His longteem core showed up last night. His deadline acquisitions have been outstanding. His goalie stole the series.

He has definitely earned the contract you just got to hope he wants to stay and isn’t enticed to leave and go to Calgary or Pittsburgh.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He has definitely earned the contract you just got to hope he wants to stay and isn’t enticed to leave and go to Calgary or Pittsburgh.
Honestly....in what world are Calgary or Pittsburgh more enticing then staying on with the team you have been building for 5 plus years? Both of those teams are looking to be stuck in the hell that is average.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Winning one playoff round earns you an extention?

Look at the body language here:

Shanny: "Yeah yeah. Get off me man"

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Honestly....in what world are Calgary or Pittsburgh more enticing then staying on with the team you have been building for 5 plus years? Both of those teams are looking to be stuck in the hell that is average.
Calgary still has a future. Maybe a quick retooling or even just getting rid of Sutter (apparently the ownership is why Sutter is still there and why Treliving quit). Pitt has one of the worst situations in the league and there is no good reason for anybody to want a GM job there right now.

Winning one playoff round earns you an extention?

Look at the body language here:

Shanny: "Yeah yeah. Get off me man"

I think that was Pridham

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Calgary still has a future. Maybe a quick retooling or even just getting rid of Sutter (apparently the ownership is why Sutter is still there and why Treliving quit). Pitt has one of the worst situations in the league and there is no good reason for anybody to want a GM job there right now.

I think that was Pridham

Calgary's future isn't nearly as bright as the Leafs.

There's not any available hockey positions (Bedard location pending) that are better then the Leafs at the moment.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I think that was Pridham
I mean a Dubas-Sutter pairing while hilarious to think about in a comedic way would likely be a disaster and if they aren't going to allow him to pick his own coach then he is starting with his hands tied behind his back before he even starts.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Hes staying. Just needed that first round win to make it a guarantee. While Dubas has made mistakes in his young career, I think hes done a good job identifying those mistakes and making adjustments. Thats one of the best things you can ask in a GM.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad