Kyle Connor Vs William Nylander

Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I'm just saying. bringing up last year holds no relevancy to this year unless the jets were in the playoffs(which they weren't)

it's player vs player accomplishments and you're bringing up team success
that argument is useless and getting quite old. it's weird how people still try and bring it up

I'm not saying this means connor is better because of this one playoff run btw

There is literally no argument showing Connor is better than Nylander. He’s never had a better season or even callup lol.

Reactions: Menzinger

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
There is literally no argument showing Connor is better than Nylander. He’s never had a better season or even callup lol.
Except he was better his rookie year than Nylander’s rookie or sophomore year? You can’t be serious with this post...?

Really? Last I checked 5 career playoff points is more than 3 but I guess math in the Peg must be different.
Ah got it. More points = better right?

You heard it here folks, The List of Jericho acknowledging that Laine is better than Matthews

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Except he was better his rookie year than Nylander’s rookie or sophomore year? You can’t be serious with this post...?

Last I checked 57 isn’t better than 61 but that Peg math might have me beat again. Aren’t you one of the guys that’s always clamoring saying that “might have” or “could have” doesn’t mean anything. Well there you have it.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
So you have no problem admitting Laine is better than Matthews right? After all, higher number = means better player, yeah?

I added something to the last post knowing you’d come back to this. Can’t have it both ways there bud. At least Auston has had a year where he did top your boy in everything, no such case with your boy Connor. Always next year but I wouldn't bank on it. Nylander had a rough season and still beat him, you can only imagine when he’s on.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Give me Connor every day.

Points aside, Connor's board play and work in the corners is fantastic. It's why he works so well on the Scheif - Wheels line.

But, as with most of these comparisons, he's just a product of the people around him.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Give me Connor every day.

Points aside, Connor's board play and work in the corners is fantastic. It's why he works so well on the Scheif - Wheels line.

But, as with most of these comparisons, he's just a product of the people around him.

I agree. Every time I watch Toronto it seems Willy is very tentative to go hard after pucks in the corner. He is butter soft. Great skill player though.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

never said that either
just calling out on your weak rebuttal of bring up a playoff series last year

do you wanna be productive or difficult? seems like you'd rather want to be difficult

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Voted Nylander because a) home team vote and b) Willy can slide into the middle and will likely end up as a center. Not familiar enough with Connor to know if that's in his arsenal. So this point may be moot (not mute).

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Voted Nylander because a) home team vote and b) Willy can slide into the middle and will likely end up as a center. Not familiar enough with Connor to know if that's in his arsenal. So this point may be moot (not mute).

I picked Nylander here, but I keep seeing anytime Nylander is brought up that he can slide into the middle and is likely a center. How many years has it been since hes played center now? I'm not so sure hes going to be a center at the NHL level and if he is, he hasntplayed it for so long that I dont really think it should be used as a point in his favour. Hasnt it been since like 2014 that hes actually played center at any level?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I picked Nylander here, but I keep seeing anytime Nylander is brought up that he can slide into the middle and is likely a center. How many years has it been since hes played center now? I'm not so sure hes going to be a center at the NHL level and if he is, he hasntplayed it for so long that I dont really think it should be used as a point in his favour. Hasnt it been since like 2014 that hes actually played center at any level?

Literally like 20 games ago. He played C 1/4 of this season while Matthews was out. Also takes all FO on his strong side.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
A lot of where Willy plays will be determined this summer. If we sign JT he's not playing there next season and may never as a Leaf. He also may move into the middle if they move on from Kadri after this contract is over. However, if they don't get JT he could be their C solution going forward as early as next season.
He may be a winger here for a couple more seasons and them move on to another team as a C.

Reactions: newfy

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
A lot of where Willy plays will be determined this summer. If we sign JT he's not playing there next season and may never as a Leaf. He also may move into the middle if they move on from Kadri after this contract is over. However, if they don't get JT he could be their C solution going forward as early as next season.
He may be a winger here for a couple more seasons and them move on to another team as a C.

Yep and I think Bozak will obviously play a factor in that as well this offseason. I'm not saying he cant ever play center, but at what point do you stop using it as a point in his favour when he hasnt really done it his entire NHL career?

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Yep and I think Bozak will obviously play a factor in that as well this offseason. I'm not saying he cant ever play center, but at what point do you stop using it as a point in his favour when he hasnt really done it his entire NHL career?
at what point do you stop using it as a point in his favour

Good question. I'm not sure but it's not yet.

hasnt really done it his entire NHL career

He has. Not a lot but he's gotten some looks in each of his first 3 seasons. And, as was mentioned, he takes a lot of draws on his strong side.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Connors been a f***ing joke in my playoff pool. For all the hype and tiring pumping this guy hasn’t even scored a f***ing goal. Can’t even score a goal playing with schiefele and wheeler. Guys looking like a product of his linemates, couldn’t even pot a goal against a sutlerless wild team.

Now he’s going up against a stacked Nashville team, fml.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Connors been a ****ing joke in my playoff pool. For all the hype and tiring pumping this guy hasn’t even scored a ****ing goal. Can’t even score a goal playing with schiefele and wheeler. Guys looking like a product of his linemates, couldn’t even pot a goal against a sutlerless wild team.

Now he’s going up against a stacked Nashville team, fml.
lol

Connor played well, sometimes pucks don't go in. Had a couple beautiful assists, had a bunch of chances that just missed, he'll be fine. Nashville has let in plenty of goals in the playoffs and against the Jets this season, I doubt it will be low scoring.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

He played centre during his callup in 15-16 and scored at just under a 50 point pace.

He also played more games at centre this past season than he did in ‘16-17 season.

He’s technically still a sophomore and Babcock has openly stated he’s not a fan of younger guys at centre. I don’t think enough time has passed to say he’ll be a winger full time in the NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad