Kyle Connor Vs William Nylander

Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
That statement is true because this season was Connor's rookie season :huh: :laugh:

Oh ya, so forgetting he played 20 games 1/4 of the season prior and put up a measly 5 points. Heck, he didn’t even beat Nylander’s rookie totals from last year on a stacked Jets team. Even when the Leafs were terrible and had no Marner and Matthews, two years ago..he had 13 in 22.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Oh ya, so forgetting he played 20 games 1/4 of the season prior and put up a measly 5 points. Heck, he didn’t even beat Nylander’s rookie totals from last year on a stacked Jets team. Even when the Leafs were terrible and had no Marner and Matthews, two years ago..he had 13 in 22.

Well, yes, he did play 20 games (a measly 12 minutes/game in the bottom 6) before they realised his development would be better in the AHL (sound familiar?). Then this season was his first season as a full-time NHLer.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Well, yes, he did play 20 games (a measly 12 minutes/game in the bottom 6) before they realised his development would be better in the AHL (sound familiar?). Then this season was his first season as a full-time NHLer.

Nice stats, I missed the part where he’s outproduced Nylander though or are taking his 3 points in the playoffs as the boulder that makes him better than Nylander.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Connor was a rookie this season. Maybe don’t insult others intelligence when you don’t even know who qualifies as a rookie?

A rookie that didn’t produce more than Nylander’s rookie season last year despite playing with guys you deem are better than the Leaf counterparts. What I miss? Where’s your AINEC haha. Your opinions are comical and yet you question my intelligence.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
A rookie that didn’t produce more than Nylander’s rookie season last year despite playing with guys you deem are better than the Leaf counterparts. What I miss? Where’s your AINEC haha. Your opinions are comical and yet you question my intelligence.
On a per game basis KC (in his first year) outperformed both Nylander’s rookie and sophomore year. While also scoring far more goals and showing compete in every shift. When Connor gets called out by his coach for playing with no effort let me know

Reactions: flamesforcup

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
On a per game basis KC (in his first year) outperformed both Nylander’s rookie and sophomore year. While also scoring far more goals and showing compete in every shift. When Connor gets called out by his coach for playing with no effort let me know

Not sure how you do your math but he missed 6 games and was 4 points behind Nylander(who had a down year and still beat him in points) so how you think he perfomed better on a per game basis is massivly debatable. Well if getting called out by the coach is the be all and end all than I can think of another Jet that would be in quite the pickle

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
weak rebuttal lol

Yet true, people love their one year wonders. I heard all about how the Oilers were going to the Cup final after last year’s run and how their players were this and that. That bubble burst so some until some consistency happens, hold the phone.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
LOL are people really comparing Points Per Game between the 2?????
Kyle Connor Rookie = 0.75
Nylander Rookie = 0.753
Nylander Sophomore = 0.744

It's splitting hairs people

Especially when you look at Points/60 (all situations):

Connor Rookie: 2.66
Nylander Rookie: 2.82
Nylander Sophomore: 2.67

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Nylander doesn’t play with McDavid, Crosby, Ovechkin or Malkin. But non the less Connor holds his own better and plays a much better Two-Way game.
I think he was referring to draisaitl but last years post season.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
weak rebuttal lol

I'm just saying. bringing up last year holds no relevancy to this year unless the jets were in the playoffs(which they weren't)

it's player vs player accomplishments and you're bringing up team success
that argument is useless and getting quite old. it's weird how people still try and bring it up

I'm not saying this means connor is better because of this one playoff run btw

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad