Player Discussion: Kyle Connor is a machine.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Yea it gives more of the two one timer shooting options with Scheif in the middle.

It would be part of a more complex layered “multi look” I would like to see our #1 unit adopt.
Agreed.

And I like Wheeler in the bumper low spot. He has the size to cause issues in the crease and he has good hands to tip shots.

Now if we can just figure out the point person because I just do not think Morrissey is the right guy. If Heinola is given that chance, I do not think we look back, and he becomes the defacto point PP guy for us.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I would love 5 forwards on the PP Laine, Connor, Scheifele, Ehlers and Wheeler.
Maurice has been talking about that in interviews with Wheeler being the point man and Stastny being net front. No Ehlers.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Agreed.

And I like Wheeler in the bumper low spot. He has the size to cause issues in the crease and he has good hands to tip shots.

Now if we can just figure out the point person because I just do not think Morrissey is the right guy. If Heinola is given that chance, I do not think we look back, and he becomes the defacto point PP guy for us.
I agree with it all. Heinola was given at least one PP opportunity last year that I remember. He was fantastic in that very small sample. I think he's going to be our D with the highest HIQ. I would love to see him get a start soon.

Reactions: Jets 31

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I need to have a little chat with Maurice then. :laugh:
I kind of really liked Wheeler's net front/bumper work. Connor has nice hands in tight but very rarely acts as the bumper to Scheifele and the pass that Wheeler made to Connor for his goal is a play I've wanted to see Connor make to Laine for years. From what I recall Stastny was very good as the bumper as well and Wheeler at the top having the option to dish to Connor or Laine might work well too.

Reactions: Jets 31

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I kind of really liked Wheeler's net front/bumper work. Connor has nice hands in tight but very rarely acts as the bumper to Scheifele and the pass that Wheeler made to Connor for his goal is a play I've wanted to see Connor make to Laine for years. From what I recall Stastny was very good as the bumper as well and Wheeler at the top having the option to dish to Connor or Laine might work well too.
I think Wheeler was in the right position behind the net. He did a great job there, and he doesn't have a good enough shot to work the point.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I think Wheeler was in the right position behind the net. He did a great job there, and he doesn't have a good enough shot to work the point.

If the Jets ever chose to go with an old school PP they could use Wheeler as a net front screen presence. I think he'd excel there, if not enjoy it.

Kinda hoping when Laine comes back we don't alter much except Laine on that left side to shoot, Connor on the right, Wheeler down low. Put Scheif in the slot.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Should I buy this jersey?:sarcasm:
0F916F90-EA6A-495D-9576-D6D1802C4F3B.jpeg

Reactions: FonRiesen

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
He’s our big goal scoring threat now. Can he hit 50 one day?

Also, I should note, I want to get a Connor jersey, but that’s usually the kiss of death considering I also have Kane and Byfuglien jerseys :sarcasm:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Connor's season last year and the start this year is a comfort

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Connor is honestly the biggest reason that I feel the Jets won't be missing much in the game-breaking, goal-scorer department (with Laine's departure).

Especially when you consider that PLD is likely capable of 30+ goal seasons himself... Laine was a major luxury for Winnipeg (with another good center besides Scheifele being a major need for WPG).

But yeah, Connor is an amazing player on an absolute steal of a contract.

Go Jet go!!!

Reactions: KB1971 and Nedarb

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
If anyone can take the sting out of the Laine trade, it's the play of Kyle Connor this season. Every time the puck touches his stick he's drawing multiple defenders to him because teams just can't check him. Kind of reminds me of old Ronaldinho highlights where he's just dancing through players and making plays look effortless. I had high hopes for him when we drafted him, but I never expected he'd look this damn good. Pretty sure he broke Chabot's ankles and made him fall on his ass in the corner last game too. Just filthy.

Reactions: DashingDane

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
He’s our big goal scoring threat now. Can he hit 50 one day?

Also, I should note, I want to get a Connor jersey, but that’s usually the kiss of death considering I also have Kane and Byfuglien jerseys :sarcasm:
I think you should get a Beaulieu jersey...

I'd personally only get a jersey with my last name on it. Save the roleplaying for video games. ;)

Looks like Connor is entering all-star status this year.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I'd like to take everyone back in time to around March, 2016. Connor had just torn up the NCAA in his freshman year.

Do you remember how pumped we were to have this kid in our pipeline? He was gonna be the next huge thing for the Jets.

Fast forward to June 2016, and a little lotto luck lands us Laine. All of a sudden he was the golden child.

The next season found Connor on the moose and Laine lighting it up as a rookie. It also brought the ire of leaf fans for some on here to compare connors season in NCAA with Marner's last season in junior.

Well, I know it's a small sample size and I'm not placing any large bets on Connor winning the Art Ross this year, but seeing this is heart warming - especially when you compare contracts between Connor and Marner. Yes, manner is the more accomplished player and probably better, but still.
Screenshot_20210124-152117_NHL.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad