Proposal: Kyle Connor for Miro Heiskanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Not only is Connor the better player now, he was the better 18 year old prospect. I’ll take the prospect that was the best player in the NCAA at 18 over the prospect who had a great season over in Europe

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Not only is Connor the better player now, he was the better 18 year old prospect. I’ll take the prospect that was the best player in the NCAA at 18 over the prospect who had a great season over in Europe

Didn't even win Hobey Baker... sad.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
You're just ignoring all the context. If you asked all 31 GMs who they'd take, the answer would be Heiskanen.
So you’d be down with a Debrinecat for Sami Niku trade? Niku is 21 and was just named the AHL’s top defenseman after dominating against men. Eagerly waiting your response :)

Reactions: Pongs21

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Would you have traded Connor when he was a prospect for a proven player? Despite everyone knowing he was gonna be a really good player.

Miro is going to crush it at the NHL level and be a great Dman for many many years.

Top pair Dmen>Top line wingers

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Seachd and ottawa

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
I think some HF accounts are actually bots that use an AI to generate posts based on user names and avatars. That being said, I wouldn't trade Miro Heiskanen for Kyle Connor, but I would trade him for John Connor.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
The Jets are already one of the best teams in the NHL, the last thing Dallas needs to do is gift them a future top pairing defenceman lol

Nothing against Conner, but the Jets would be fine if he wasn't on the team, especially for a young D like Heiskanen

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If the Stars wouldnt trade Heiskanen in a deal for Karlsson, why would they be willing to all of a sudden deal him for Kyle Connor? I like Connor but they've made it pretty clear to the league now that Heiskanen isn't available unless it's a big overpayment. Also this deal would not happen within the division considering we already can't beat Winnipeg as it is. This also leaves a hole at LD for us, and Nill has already said Heiskanen will play a big role next year on the Stars

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

Connor wasn't a better prospect, not really close.

Heiskanen has 1D-FranchiseD potential with a good likelyhood of reaching it IMO.

HF definitely hugs prospects but this is a clear case where you take the prospect over the known quantity.

2nd best D prospect in the world is more valuable than Kyle Connor. It's not even a discussion.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Heiskanen is the youngest ever to win the D-man of the year in Liiga, played both in the Olympics& World Championships as a 18y old and was one of Finlands best D-men.
He's still 18y, Connor was 19y for majority in his +1 season.

As a 19-20 year old Connor produced at a similar offensive rate in the AHL as a 18y D-man.

You're failing hard here.

Most of Hfboards is filled with idiots that value prospects over young proven top line NHL talent. Not surprising

Has Dallas traded Miro yet for Karlsson?

Jake Barnes

Apr 25, 2018
Winnipeg
If the Stars wouldnt trade Heiskanen in a deal for Karlsson, why would they be willing to all of a sudden deal him for Kyle Connor? I like Connor but they've made it pretty clear to the league now that Heiskanen isn't available unless it's a big overpayment. Also this deal would not happen within the division considering we already can't beat Winnipeg as it is. This also leaves a hole at LD for us, and Nill has already said Heiskanen will play a big role next year on the Stars

Totally agree that Dallas shouldn't get rid of Heiskanen unless it's a major overpay. That said, now I'm curious as to what that would look like. Would Ehlers and Morrissey get it done? Not saying I'd do this if I were Chevy (as a Jets fan, I don't think I would like it very much), but it's always fun to figure out what the price tag would be for a prospect of Heiskanen's caliber.

Reactions: Viktor Vaughn

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Dallas declines for the same reason why Winnipeg would do (=entertain) this: you don't pass up on a prospect with a high likelihood of becoming a top pairing guy, if not more. For Dallas, that is magnified by the lack of certainty on their blue line after Klingberg and Lindell.

And on that note, Connor isn't a slouch either, so that narrative can go to hell too.

Pffffft
Habs did this for Drouin and the fouled it outta the park on a 2 strike bunt.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Totally agree that Dallas shouldn't get rid of Heiskanen unless it's a major overpay. That said, now I'm curious as to what that would look like. Would Ehlers and Morrissey get it done? Not saying I'd do this if I were Chevy (as a Jets fan, I don't think I would like it very much), but it's always fun to figure out what the price tag would be for a prospect of Heiskanen's caliber.

Honestly I have no clue. I feel like Jim Nill would hang onto him in almost any offer (except the obvious ones but still). I wish I knew what the Senators wanted in addition to Heiskanen. That would help us gauge his value more and see where exactly Nill has it at. I think Nill just finally wants a draft pick of his to work out lol even though it was the easiest choice of his career

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Two U24 top line players for a top 5 prospect who has yet to play a game in the NHL... right.

Can we all agree on Heiskanen not moving and move on?

Jake Barnes

Apr 25, 2018
Winnipeg
Honestly I have no clue. I feel like Jim Nill would hang onto him in almost any offer (except the obvious ones but still). I wish I knew what the Senators wanted in addition to Heiskanen. That would help us gauge his value more and see where exactly Nill has it at. I think Nill just finally wants a draft pick of his to work out lol even though it was the easiest choice of his career

Haha, totally fair. Kid's looking like he's gonna be a stud. To be honest, I don't blame you guys for not wanting to give him up in a Karlsson package.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Stars get a young and proven top six winger on ELC.

Jets gets a top 4 LHD, Heiskanen has the added bonus of an extra year ELC.

Miro has gained a lot of buzz over this past year so I doubt the Stars would get rid of him too easily. What would the Jets have to add to get this done?

Laine

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
OP doesn’t make sense as far as trades go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad