Proposal: Kyle Connor for Miro Heiskanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viktor Vaughn

Apr 7, 2018
Stars get a young and proven top six winger on ELC.

Jets gets a top 4 LHD, Heiskanen has the added bonus of an extra year ELC.

Miro has gained a lot of buzz over this past year so I doubt the Stars would get rid of him too easily. What would the Jets have to add to get this done?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Dallas declines for the same reason why Winnipeg would do (=entertain) this: you don't pass up on a prospect with a high likelihood of becoming a top pairing guy, if not more. For Dallas, that is magnified by the lack of certainty on their blue line after Klingberg and Lindell.

And on that note, Connor isn't a slouch either, so that narrative can go to hell too.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If they would trade him I would guess it would be for similar aged prospect who's seen as the next franchise C or for a young proven #1C.

So highly doubt Heiskanen is getting moved.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I would imagine at the very least?
The thing is, with him being a prospect, what a Heiskanen is worth to Dallas is nowhere near what he is worth in a trade. This is why a) it is pointless to propose trades involving top prospects, and b) said prospects end up staying with their teams and developing to those young stars, such as Kyle Connor.

jeamein

Feb 14, 2016
Yeah Stars wouldnt and shouldnt do it even Jets added there like 1 round pick. Sometimes I wonder whether people are stupid or just dont know enought how things work here

Reactions: Mestaruus

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Hfboards once again valuing prospects over young proven NHL talent, colour me shocked

Heiskanen is considered to be the 2nd-best dman prospect and just had a remarkable season in Sweden last season against men. On the other hand, Connor is a winger and his fantastic production has been enhanced by the elite talent he has played with. This one is not even close.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
We've seen it at trades that the wingers don't have the value in comparison to D-men/C's.

Heisk is one of the best prospects in the World, they don't get moved easily, it's not just a HF thing.
How many under 21 year olds had 31 goals at the NHL level again last year?

Reactions: Aggie204

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Heiskanen is considered to be the 2nd-best dman prospect and just had a remarkable season in Sweden last season against men. On the other hand, Connor is a winger and his fantastic production has been enhanced by the elite talent he has played with. This one is not even close.
Agreed. One is a prospect that had a great season in Europe one was one of two under 21 year olds to score 31 goals in the NHL

This is Connor AINEC

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Because I prefer the 21 year old 31 goal scoring rookie over the prospect that hasn’t done anything yet?

ok

I guess McDavid was a total bum before he played an NHL game

Jets take this trade and run really fast. Connor is a good player but with the talent on wings in Winnipeg they can afford to trade Connor, who was the third best player on his own line most the year.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Wait, so why would Winny trade Connor for a mystery box then?
They wouldn’t

I guess McDavid was a total bum before he played an NHL game

Jets take this trade and run really fast. Connor is a good player but with the talent on wings in Winnipeg they can afford to trade Connor, who was the third best player on his own line most the year.
Yes, because Miro Heiskanen and Connor McDavid were similar quality prospects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Snowman and Pongs21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad