Rumor: Kurz: Sharks talking extension with Braun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Once a player hits UFA, time in the league does not matter. That point was made with Garrison.

Despite all the claims around here, it isn't just one good season. His improvement is practically linear (which is good).

With all the grief on this issue, I will rub it in when the numbers come out (or not and admit my mistake). My track record has been pretty good. The GMs do use comps and the consistency of the corollaries around comps is pretty good. Most of the violations of principals come in desperate situations or high end players generating a bidding war.

Maybe I missed it. What is your guess? Mine's now 4x$4.25.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
No less than $4mil, no more than $4.5mil. The guess only applies as long as his role/TOI does not change and as long as he doesn't hit the UFA market in a bidding war (eg Orpik, Niskanen).

Most people on here have him pegged for that range already. A lot of them are gonna hope for less regardless.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Count me as another who thinks he's shown marked improvement especially over the last two seasons!

Everyone here's been talking about the need to strengthen our D and he definitely helps that cause.

I'm certainly hoping he signs on for a few more seasons in teal....

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
No less than $4mil, no more than $4.5mil. The guess only applies as long as his role/TOI does not change and as long as he doesn't hit the UFA market in a bidding war (eg Orpik, Niskanen).

If JB signs for 5yrs, when that deal expires he'd be 31 and still worthy of a raise. With that in mind, 5yrs/4.2mil per.

Count me as another who thinks he's shown marked improvement especially over the last two seasons!

Everyone here's been talking about the need to strengthen our D and he definitely helps that cause.

I'm certainly hoping he signs on for a few more seasons in teal....

:nod:

I'd sign him to a 7yr/33.6mil deal. Lock him up at 4,8mil per..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad