Rumor: Kulda moving back to Russia

AlsPug

Nov 1, 2011
Russian press rumors, that Kulda is going back to Russia to join Nizninovgorod Torpedo, to join his previous coach and a former NHL goaltender Peteris Skudra.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Well, if that is the case, that was sure handled smooth.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not that surprising! Would have liked him to get some games in at the end of the year to see what he could have done.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think we should wait and see if this is in fact true and if that's how it all plays out.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Not a fan of how this was handled. There was plenty of opportunity to get him in a game with all the injuries we suffered over the last half of the season.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I think we should wait and see if this is in fact true and if that's how it all plays out.

Just thinking the same, a la Pavy rumors last summer as he negotiated his contract.

Wonder how soon before we hear of Burmi 'close to signing' with a KHL team.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Are you in the Glass half full camp or half empty camp............If he is going to negoatiate with the jets for 2013/14 would it not be in his best intrest to drum up the marketplace........ Im in the glass half full camp....... If we offer him a contract it will definately have to be a one way guaranteed contract...... I hope we retain him as I believe he has good upside..........1 year at 600k-750 k would be good a reach would be 2 yr deal at 750k.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Just thinking the same, a la Pavy rumors last summer as he negotiated his contract.

Wonder how soon before we hear of Burmi 'close to signing' with a KHL team.

Umm not entirely the same thing considering Kulda signed a full length contract with the KHL last offseason. Don't think its that big of a stretch to think he'll do it again

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Umm not entirely the same thing considering Kulda signed a full length contract with the KHL last offseason. Don't think its that big of a stretch to think he'll do it again

If the Jets aren't prepared to give him a one way deal or think he needs another year to refine his game, they could do worse than to have him repeat what he did this year. The fact that they can bring him back for playoff depth is a nice option.

Donald

Jan 31, 2013
If he was good enough to play for the Jets this year he would have played for the Jets this year. Not sure why so many seem so concerned about this guy.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

Ya, I was more so comparing Pavs contract negotiations - using a KHL offer (real or not) - to gain a bit of leverage as RFA's have little. Then thought out loud, that may be a tactic Burmi's camp uses.

Re: Kulda, it may be contract ploy, but it sure sounds like he's on the verge of forgetting about the NHL and staying in Europe to play. He looks like a key piece of Latvia's international team, and hockey is huge there. Some guys are more comfortable there.

If he felt the Jets were hindering his NHL aspirations, you'd think by now Lawless would have broken a 'I want a trade' article. Maybe that's coming.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
If he was good enough to play for the Jets this year he would have played for the Jets this year. Not sure why so many seem so concerned about this guy.

I'm not sure the best 6 dmen the Jets had at their disposal - played, imo. Noel went with veteran players, as many coaches would.

I wonder if he could do it over again, if he would have made changes to his roster.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I'm not sure the best 6 dmen the Jets had at their disposal - played, imo. Noel went with veteran players, as many coaches would.

I wonder if he could do it over again, if he would have made changes to his roster.

Exactly...
I'm not in the ant-Noel camp but I also know that his choices were far from perfect:
*Meech on the ice
*Miettinen on 2nd line
*Wright on 2nd line
*Thorburn on 3rd line
*Jokinen on 2nd line
etc.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I just don't get it. I thought he looked good last year, then I hear he logged big minutes in the KHL playing against the other team's best players, and then I hear he was the player of the game the other day in the WC.

I hope this rumour turns out to be false. I think he deserves a legit chance in camp next year, especially if we lose Ronald.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I thought with the likely exit of Hainsey signing Kulda would have a been a priority.
I like what Kulda could bring to the table, before I get bent out of shape I wait and see how this plays out.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I Kulda guessed this would happen but chose not to Postma thoughts about it. Looks like Chevy may have Tobias some more d-men this off-season.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I just don't get it. I thought he looked good last year, then I hear he logged big minutes in the KHL playing against the other team's best players, and then I hear he was the player of the game the other day in the WC.

I hope this rumour turns out to be false. I think he deserves a legit chance in camp next year, especially if we lose Ronald.
He surely wants 1-way money.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I don't see the point of giving him a two way, its not like he'd clear waivers. We were lucky he cleared in the fall of 2011.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad