Injury Report: Kruger anticipated to be out for four months from 12/18/15 (wrist)

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Since when does this guy actually get injured?

How is Q going to spread out some of those nasty defensive minutes?
I'm even more glad they landed Anisimov now, should minimize how often Q uses Toews for nasty defensive shifts.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Since when does this guy actually get injured?

How is Q going to spread out some of those nasty defensive minutes?
I'm even more glad they landed Anisimov now, should minimize how often Q uses Toews for nasty defensive shifts.

Yeah, this is a tough one just from the hard minutes Kruger ate up, regardless of his level of play this season. Still, if it helps him rest up to be a defensive beast come playoff time, it might be a blessing in disguise.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This is a much bigger blow than everyone is making it out to be. He was just getting in the groove of things and his game was improving to last year's playoff level. His loss will be felt, especially come playoff time as he wont be himself when he comes back as this team needs him big time to shut down top lines.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Yeah, this is a tough one just from the hard minutes Kruger ate up, regardless of his level of play this season. Still, if it helps him rest up to be a defensive beast come playoff time, it might be a blessing in disguise.

Another 1.5 on the cap improves what type of player/players they can get prior to the spring...as long as they're not looking too far ahead. They still need alot of points in the standings. As long as a couple players emerge in the bottom 6, all will be well.

Please no Shaw at center!

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

"Rest" is not a good thing, sitting on the sideleines for 4 months away from game mode will just degrade an athlete's game. I dont understand that notion that if someone rests, they will be ready for playoffs, that is pure bull.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well the best defense is a dominating g offense...Maybe Q should forget the alleged defensive "greatness" of Kruger and compensate by putting in a 4C that can actually score goals and points? Do not know if Danault is that solution...but we shall see...OR maybe they try the defense of Jake Dowell and his impressive +/- stats in Rockford...not a great scorer but must be doing something right to pile up the ES positive numbers..

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
"Rest" is not a good thing, sitting on the sideleines for 4 months away from game mode will just degrade an athlete's game. I dont understand that notion that if someone rests, they will be ready for playoffs, that is pure bull.

He can still skate, so it's not like he can't stay in shape. I don't imagine he will be out for the whole 4 months, the way Hawks recover anyway.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

I guess someone forgot to tell Kane that last year.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
We already had around 2.2mil in cap space after that Daley trade. Now if Kruger goes to LTIR that number goes up over 3mil and we can definitely make a very nice upgrade to our bottom 6 forwards or depth on defense. Then bring back Kruger for game 1 of round 1, just like Kane last year. I bet Stan is already thinking up ideas.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
He can still skate, so it's not like he can't stay in shape. I don't imagine he will be out for the whole 4 months, the way Hawks recover anyway.

I suspect they will not allow skating for fear of a fall and reinjury. Not until the Dr clears it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
We already had around 2.2mil in cap space after that Daley trade. Now if Kruger goes to LTIR that number goes up over 3mil and we can definitely make a very nice upgrade to our bottom 6 forwards or depth on defense. Then bring back Kruger for game 1 of round 1, just like Kane last year. I bet Stan is already thinking up ideas.

Gotta love that cap circumvention

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010

Yeha at work and just heard the news. 4 months, perfect.

Now wow, we can get a 6M dollar player and have the cap to do it. We can take a salary dump now or trade picks for a player.

So while 16 was getting better, this locks in that we will get a really nice player at the deadline, or could.

Haven't had a chance to look, what does PD make v what does 16 make.

So 16 - PD x % rest of season = what? Has someone looked that up? I will later if no one posts it. I just want to know exactly what we gain the rest of the year from no more 16 daily v say PD daily. That will add up to a nice chunck, plus what we had already. Give stan some cap space, we can do the damage to other GMs that has happened to us.

Who do we want at the TD?

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I think your off with 6mil...

But I want Eriksson at the deadline. I think he would be a perfect fit for this team. Now a deal with Shaw going the other way I believe we have space to make it happen. I'd be willing to give a first as well and a mid range prospect. We'd have a pretty decent shot to resign Loui too so I don't think it would be just a rental (unless he's looking for a big raise). I don't want to trade Shaw at all but the thought of Eriksson on this team is worth it.

Eriksson - Toews - Hossa
Panarin - Anismov - Kane
Dano - Teravainen - Bickell
Desi - Kruger/Danault - Garbutt

Keith - Hammer
TVR - Seabrook
Scuderi - Rosi
Goose?

Tell me that roster cant win the Stanley Cup...

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Can erikkson play center too? A 3c would be good to keep tt on the wing where he's better.

Btw, that bottom pair d is abysmal. Not gonna be able to win back to back cups with 4 dmen.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
How about Shaw, mid range prospect, and a pick for Victor Rask as 3C? He's insanely cheap, and that would create even more cap space for other upgrades. That also leaves Teravainen on the first line.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
Why would Boston trade Eriksson? They're not rebuilding.
for Shaw?? that's just a pipe dream.

He'd be a pure rental. There's zero chance this team can afford another forward making ~6mil next year.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
How about Shaw, mid range prospect, and a pick for Victor Rask as 3C? He's insanely cheap, and that would create even more cap space for other upgrades. That also leaves Teravainen on the first line.

It'd take more than Shaw and a mid range prospect to get Rask.

Think TT for Rask. Hell, Hawks might have to add a bit.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Why would Boston trade Eriksson? They're not rebuilding.
for Shaw?? that's just a pipe dream.

He'd be a pure rental. There's zero chance this team can afford another forward making ~6mil next year.

You missed the whole plus a first round pick and a prospect thing. Obviously a straight up trade for Shaw wouldn't work. But Shaw + 1st + prospect would be good value for an expiring contract.

It's not completely crazy to think we can resign a 30 year old winger who hasnt put up 50 points since 2012 to a contract <5mil. Although him continuing his real nice year might change that. Gaborik at 32 potted 14 goals in the post season and had 16 points in 19 regular season games for the Kings in 2014 when they won the cup and he signed for 4.8.

I've seen quite a few Bruins fans on here that seem to think they're gonna shop Loui because he isn't getting resigned. Thats where that comes from. Although they've been pretty good recently so that may change as well too.

Alot can change between now and March.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Why do you think Rask is that much more valuable than Teravainen?

One player has 55pts in 111 regular season NHL games. A point percentage of .495.

The other has 25pts in 66 regular season NHL games. A point percentage of .379.

The better of the two can also PK and play a more two way role.

Last edited:

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I think your off with 6mil...

But I want Eriksson at the deadline. I think he would be a perfect fit for this team. Now a deal with Shaw going the other way I believe we have space to make it happen. I'd be willing to give a first as well and a mid range prospect. We'd have a pretty decent shot to resign Loui too so I don't think it would be just a rental (unless he's looking for a big raise). I don't want to trade Shaw at all but the thought of Eriksson on this team is worth it.

Eriksson - Toews - Hossa
Panarin - Anismov - Kane
Dano - Teravainen - Bickell
Desi - Kruger/Danault - Garbutt

Keith - Hammer
TVR - Seabrook
Scuderi - Rosi
Goose?

Tell me that roster cant win the Stanley Cup...

I am not saying 6M total cash, saying 6M player. Less than half the season to go so a 6M player would cost 6M x % of season. So say 33% of the season left (estimate example) = we need 2M in cash to get a 6M player which is what I am saying. Sorry it wasn't clear, was at work and posdted fast,. But to get a player making 6M a year and fit that in is NICE.

Aim HIGHER than Ericasson me boy.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
You missed the whole plus a first round pick and a prospect thing. Obviously a straight up trade for Shaw wouldn't work. But Shaw + 1st + prospect would be good value for an expiring contract.

It's not completely crazy to think we can resign a 30 year old winger who hasnt put up 50 points since 2012 to a contract <5mil. Although him continuing his real nice year might change that. Gaborik at 32 potted 14 goals in the post season and had 16 points in 19 regular season games for the Kings in 2014 when they won the cup and he signed for 4.8.

I've seen quite a few Bruins fans on here that seem to think they're gonna shop Loui because he isn't getting resigned. Thats where that comes from. Although they've been pretty good recently so that may change as well too.

Alot can change between now and March.

My point is 1st + Shaw + prospect for Eriksson makes zero sense for them. It's not really about the value. They have their two best players - Bergeron and Krejci - in their prime and Chara and Seidenberg are on their last leg. This may be their last shot at competing for the cup. Even if they move him, it won't be for Shaw + a bunch of future pieces. Of course, thing can change if they falter down the road but as it looks right now, it's a long shot.

Someone like JvR is much more realistic IMO.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Interesting to see what happens here. I love Kruger and really appreciate what he brings to this team. But on the other hand, I have a theory that this coaching staff has a very particular role that he plays and that any player that has a certain skill set can play it well. I also feel that Danault has been groomed for this role in Rockford. It will be interesting to see how he does on the big stage.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Andrew Ladd. If the Jets are out of the playoffs, Ladd will be available. $4.4M per, so Hawks can easily fit him in.

Kruger's at $1.5 and Danault makes $863,333. So there's an extra $636,667 to play with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad