Injury Report: Kruger anticipated to be out for four months from 12/18/15 (wrist)

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks · 4m4 minutes ago
Marcus Kruger had surgery today to repair a dislocation of his left wrist. Anticipating return to hockey activities in approx. 4 months.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Thats not good at all...

Hopefully like Kane and Keith before him, he proves to be a fast-healing super-freak.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Wonder if Marko Dano gets called back up to maximize LTIR cap benefits before they place Kruger on LTIR?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I like Kruger, but I'm okay with this.

More often than not, he's looked like he was running on fumes this season (probably due to him getting hard minutes in the playoffs last year). Danault could replace most of what Kruger has brought so far this year.

However, a healthy (rested) Kruger is needed to survive a long playoff run, and so it's a bit of a blessing that he'll have some time to heal properly and be ready to go for the playoffs.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Looks like he will be back right around the time the playoffs start, which is good. makes you wonder if the Hawks will go after a bottom 6 C, as I don't think Q will trust 2 young guys centering the bottom 6 for the rest of the year.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Looks like he will be back right around the time the playoffs start, which is good. makes you wonder if the Hawks will go after a bottom 6 C, as I don't think Q will trust 2 young guys centering the bottom 6 for the rest of the year.

We already have options for Q if he doesn't like Rasmussen or Danault at Center. Desjardins is a natural center and Shaw can play center.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I guess kruger wont be traded so that dannault gets his shot... I like kruger at 4c with desi/garbutt

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Looks like stan trades for a 3c at trade deadline and kruger stays out until playoffs. Assuming first line stays good, just need a 3c and then the bottom six are good. I would rather see kruger stay out until playoffs now, honestly. He isn't going to be the difference in the team making the playoffs.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Looks like stan trades for a 3c at trade deadline and kruger stays out until playoffs. Assuming first line stays good, just need a 3c and then the bottom six are good. I would rather see kruger stay out until playoffs now, honestly. He isn't going to be the difference in the team making the playoffs.

Nah. I won't be surprised though, if Danault soon goes to 3rd line center and Raz or Kero on the 4th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad