Speculation: Kris Versteeg destination?

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I've heard his first choice would be to go close to home, so that leaves Edmonton and Calgary.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I've heard his first choice would be to go close to home, so that leaves Edmonton and Calgary.

It's not like he is in the position to be picking where he goes. It's more of a "hey this team called" and go there before you have no spot to go to.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'm sure he'll find a landing spot eventually. There are a few of these secondary UFA market forwards out there still. They'll get their offers and make their decisions at some point...but they're not really key building blocks for any roster this year, therefore, not a real priority signing.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Signing Versteeg would have been right up Bergevin's alley if it weren't for guys like Carr and Hudon knocking on the door for a spot in our middle-six.

Luc Gretzky

Jun 24, 2012
Yep had so much game DS had him on the 4th line in no time at all. His style didn't fit the Kings style.

And even then he produced over what you would expect, given his roll and ice time. He scored some big GTG and GWG late in games, and had a much better sense of where to be to grab rebounds than most guys on the team.

Sure he's small and not a physical presence, but the guy has game, and can be plugged in anywhere expect the PK.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
There are reports in Switzerland that he's close to an agreement with Biel of the NLA... :amazed: (the same team Hiller signed with)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad