Speculation: Kris Versteeg destination?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Surprised Steeger hasn't found a home but it seems he and several similar forwards are going to wait in this market

Not sure what Market will develop for him but I wouldn't have issue if Hawks threw him an offer (1 yr at 1.3M) and see if he bites

Steeger 3.0 in Chicago wouldn't be worst thing in world and adding a 35-40 pt 3rd liner to team devoid of depth would be great

Only thing on Steeger I have seen speculation wise is that Europe may be option for him. I have trouble seeing him not getting an offer of 1M-2M from NHL team though

Luc Gretzky

Jun 24, 2012
If the Kings had more cap space, I would have loved to see him for a full season this next year. Dude has game for the right price.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If the Kings had more cap space, I would have loved to see him for a full season this next year. Dude has game for the right price.

LA has what $1.7M with 14 fowards currently. So they could easily make $2M. Issue I have is LA has enough middle of the pack wingers right now taking up roster spots, and I want to see what some of the younger guys can do.

So no room at the inn

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
He and his agent are probably asking for too much. I think there are a lot of teams that can use him, I think the Rangers would be one of them if the price was right.

Good player, versatile depth guy who can play just about anywhere in the top-9, first line in an absolute emergency.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
There are conflicting reports for the Blues about whether Sobotka is coming back from the KHL or not. It looks like our GM went through the off-season with him penciled in the roster. If he doesn't come back, I think we have a need for a utility 3rd liner. With not much left on the market, I'd be happy with Versteeg, Vrbata or Cullen in the role for @ or less than the $2.7M Sobotka would have been due.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Some team like Arizona or Carolina would be really wise to sign him to a 1 year deal. Flip him at the deadline and get a draft pick back.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I was very impressed with him on the Kings. Although Sutter did not seem to be a big fan since he is not necessarily a grinder. He is a skilled winger, fast, and good at zone entry. I would gladly have him back on the Kings for $2 million for 2 years, but I doubt the Kings sign him. He would be a great fit back in Chicago or a skilled and fast team like the Penguins. Very surprised he hasn't signed yet. I am sure he has received offers, but wants term.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I've said this before, he probably has a few offers. But I could see him ending up in Dallas or St. Louis, maybe even Minnesota.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
How much do you think he'll get?

Obviously the 4+ million AAV he was getting was too much, but what do you think he'll get now? 2.5? 3? More?

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
If the Caps get fed up with Marcus Johannson's negotiation/arbitration and trade him, I could see Versteeg playing 2LW or 3LW. Caps need some more scoring on their left side.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Could see the Blues getting added to the mix if Sobotka doesn't return. We will probably need to sign a 3rd-liner and will have the cap space.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Perfect fit on the Canucks in my opinion. I'd prefer him to Hudler.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00