Player Discussion Krejci Signs 1 year $1 million, plus an additional $2 million in performance-based incentives

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
On #2, it’s too bad this is the expectation here sometimes…Keep score and give people shit for having projections/opinions/positions that are proven wrong.

All too often it is petty and useless.
It is petty... and I think most take the high road in most “ proven wrong” situations, but every now and then it’s nice to respond to repeated and insistent obnoxiousness with a good old fashion Nelson, “Haha.“

Last edited:

StonedZboril

Jul 8, 2022
Jimmy Murphy is the most unqualified sports “journalist” I’ve ever seen as far as I can remember. He even makes KPD look competent which is just…wow. Granted my memory of this kind of stuff only goes back to the mid 90’s. Anyway. Love Krejci. Happy as hell that he’s back. I’m sure he’s glad to get that presser over with haha.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Probably not lol.

I can't wait for the manufactured bullshit that comes out around mid season after he gives a brutally honest quote and certain people twist it
That is my favorite part of Krejci off ice.

I love players that are professionals at being passive aggressively visibly annoyed with the media but keep it stoic enough to where it might fly over the head of the journalist in the moment.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sort of like Jake Debrusk quotes :sarcasm:.
Not even remotely the same thing.

Krejci has been a target of a few writers for years who are looking for things that aren’t there. This is especially the case when said writers are in a crunch and want to get clicks.

Krejci answers questions and they literally take his words apart and reorder them in an unfavorable way.

They have literally painted him as an angry malcontent who didn’t like his teammates more than once.

Krejci has a dry and sarcastic sense of humor that also goes right over the writers heads as well and there is nothing they hate more than being made fun of or made to look foolish.

Nah. I am just counting on @LSCII if they make the playoffs to remind us how he disappears in the playoffs.
He’s not wrong. With the exception of 2011 and 2013, he’s been quite underwhelming for stretches.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Nah. I am just counting on @LSCII if they make the playoffs to remind us how he disappears in the playoffs.
If he does, I'll absolutely call it the way it happened. If he steps up and elevates, again I'll call it the way it happened. That's the fairest part of my criticism of him. It's never personal and always about his on ice performance.

Reactions: Alicat

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Curious what peoples expectations are for Krejci this coming year. He's a year removed from the NHL, but looked good playing at the Worlds. I have to imagine he's going to slot in between Hall & Pastrnak. We saw a small sample size with Hall where Krejci put up 6G/15A in 16 games, which comes out to roughly a 30G/77A pace for 82 games. Now I'm not sure that pace is sustainable, but adding Pastrank to that RW might just make it seem not so crazy.

In Krejci's best season he had 20G/53A in 81 games. Assuming a full season between Hall and Pastrnak, could Krejci be in a spot to have a career year at 36yr old?

Maybe a very crude way to look at it (and not taking a lot of factors into consideration.) Pastrnak & Hall have combined for 110 ES pts/82 over the last few season. Krejci in his last 3 years recorded a point in 74% of ES goals for that were scored while he was on the ice. If you assume 110 ES points for Hall & Pastrnak and Krejci maintained a 74% IPP, he'd be looking at 81pts just at ES alone lol.

With that all said my expectation for Krejci is around 20G/40A this season. Anything over that would be amazing

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Curious what peoples expectations are for Krejci this coming year. He's a year removed from the NHL, but looked good playing at the Worlds. I have to imagine he's going to slot in between Hall & Pastrnak. We saw a small sample size with Hall where Krejci put up 6G/15A in 16 games, which comes out to roughly a 30G/77A pace for 82 games. Now I'm not sure that pace is sustainable, but adding Pastrank to that RW might just make it seem not so crazy.

In Krejci's best season he had 20G/53A in 81 games. Assuming a full season between Hall and Pastrnak, could Krejci be in a spot to have a career year at 36yr old?

Maybe a very crude way to look at it (and not taking a lot of factors into consideration.) Pastrnak & Hall have combined for 110 ES pts/82 over the last few season. Krejci in his last 3 years recorded a point in 74% of ES goals for that were scored while he was on the ice. If you assume 110 ES points for Hall & Pastrnak and Krejci maintained a 74% IPP, he'd be looking at 81pts just at ES alone lol.

With that all said my expectation for Krejci is around 20G/40A this season. Anything over that would be amazing

I think you're just about spot on. I bet he plays at a 70ppg pace, but falls short due to some games missed.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I love this thread.

Somehow I keep remembering this as 1.5M AAV, only to come to the board on the daily and get reminded it’s an astoundingly low AAV of only 1 million.

It ain’t my money so ultimately it doesn’t matter. But I can’t help but have a huge soft spot for a player leaving millions on the table just so he can come back and play for my team.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

I'd say 12 goals, 35 assists, with some stretches where he looks invisible and other stretches where he quietly racks up points. But it will be great to have him back. One of my favorites during my 30+ years of watching the team.

If they make the playoffs, .5 ppg.

Reactions: ON3M4N

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

If Hall and Pasta can push Erik Haula to a 70 point pace, I think they can do the same for Krejci despite his age and year off from the NHL. I wouldn't be surprised to see Krejci to hit 60-70 points this year if those are his linemates.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
It is petty... and I think most take the high road in most “ proven wrong” situations, but every now and then it’s nice to respond to repeated and insistent obnoxiousness with a good old fashion Nelson, “Haha.“

I'm one of those that insisted Krejci wouldn't come back. Based on what he said and did... I wasn't talking out of my ass. I based my opinion on what happened and how it happened.

I mean I might be wrong here... but how many people sold their house and everything they have in the US, and uproot their family to a different continent and say that's what he wants for his family, parents and friends... then comes back to the US and continues his career like Krejci is doing?... after everything he said and done... that is simply not a normal thing to do.

But here we are dumping on people for having an educated opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: finchster and PB37

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I did not think he would return either. However, the question about his effectiveness remains. My hunch it will take him about half a season to get back to effectiveness against NHL competition. Those of you suggesting nearly a point a game at 36, after coming back from a lesser league, are out of your homerific minds. ...

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I did not think he would return either. However, the question about his effectiveness remains. My hunch it will take him about half a season to get back to effectiveness against NHL competition. Those of you suggesting nearly a point a game at 36, after coming back from a lesser league, are out of your homerific minds. ...
10BDD0D3-39AB-4A80-9BDC-153A93151F4C.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad