Injury Report: Kreider (Broken Hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Yes! He could've done both. He could have struck and looked at the developing play. You know two things a defensemen needs to do, clear the net while watching the other threats.

I don't necessarily think Staal was trying to concuss Crosby. I was alluding to the fact that people seem to think its ridiculous that an NHL player would target a team's only possible offensive threat while the team's offense is on its knees.

I think everyone is about to **** a brick, and they want Kreider to be the answer. I'm also saying that the team itself is aware and think they need him. I'm concerned that if he isn't fully healed they will play him anyway, and you bet your ass any penguin worth his salt will "test" his hand.

I want to win, and I hope that Kreider is the solution, but it blows my mind that people think that this isn't a ruthless, violent, and at times cheap sport. :shakehead

Worse yet is that I feel some here have this belief that we should be better than that. Like we are some model franchise that should lead the way in how players play and treat each other.

We are no better a franchise than the lowest seeded team in the NHL year after year. We may have a little more success on the ice and at the gate, but it's not because we employe model citizens.

Personally speaking I think we need a lot more arrogance on this team. The humble pie aw-gee aw-shucks types we have will only get us so far.

schabadoo

Feb 16, 2012
Honest question.

Have you ever played the game?

A guy is RIGHT in front of you and your eyes are fixated on something else, do you stop seeing what is directly in front of you?

Peripheral vision alone would more than explain the ability to cross check a guy in the head while looking past him.

the play was in front of Staal and Sid. not to the side where Staal had to turn his head.

The moment it happened I thought Staal was wrong for doing it considering his own history.

Don't make excuses for Staal. He knew exactly what he was doing there.

And I don't have a problem with it myself.

Teams should be targeting other teams and players weaknesses.

For instance, MA Fleury doesn't do well with traffic in front of him. We should be crowding him every chance we get.

The only problem I have with targeting Sid's head is that it is a penalty to do so. Other wise, I'd smack him in the head every chance I got.

That's a whole lot of...stuff.

He caught him a bit high while not looking at him. Combine that with Crosby leaning down, and he should've got 2 minutes.

Wolfy*

Lineup is a secret until game time, we don't want the Pens to know.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'd be pretty shocked if Kreider doesn't play tonight. AV likely wants the Pens to be unsure until the last second.

Let's hope CK gets Nash back in his groove.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Cerny tweeted a clip of Kreider shooting the puck in the skate this morning. No issues. He will be rusty having not played in nearly seven weeks. Getting plopped into into the middle of a playoff series is not easy situation.

For me, rust and speed of the game is what he is going to have to get up to speed with quick (pun intended).

If he keeps it simple and gets his game, speed and hitting, going he will help.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I'd be pretty shocked if Kreider doesn't play tonight. AV likely wants the Pens to be unsure until the last second.

Let's hope CK gets Nash back in his groove.

It's on me. I'm paid to be the go-to guy. I have to score plain and simple. Now that Kreider will return, I can get my groove back.

-Rick Nash

519-ubS962L._SY300_.jpg

Note: Can someone photoshop this pic with Nash's face and his name over stella?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
lets see no goals in 2 games, hes cleared, he will play

Kreider, Stepan, Nash
Hagelin, Richards, St Louis
Pouliott, Brassard, Zuccarello
Boyle, Moore, Dorsett

scratching Fast, Miller, Carcillo

lets gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
lets see no goals in 2 games, hes cleared, he will play

Kreider, Stepan, Nash
Hagelin, Richards, St Louis
Pouliott, Brassard, Zuccarello
Boyle, Moore, Dorsett

scratching Fast, Miller, Carcillo

lets gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

rather have Carcillo in over Dorsett.

both are marginal at best, but in their limited time, I think that Carcillo has been more effective.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
rather have Carcillo in over Dorsett.

both are marginal at best, but in their limited time, I think that Carcillo has been more effective.

Carcillo has managed to be a difference maker AND avoid being an idiot.

Dorsett has, by and large, been an idiot. Its no contest who should play.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It's on me. I'm paid to be the go-to guy. I have to score plain and simple. Now that Kreider will return, I can get my groove back.

-Rick Nash

519-ubS962L._SY300_.jpg

Note: Can someone photoshop this pic with Nash's face and his name over stella?

Oh god, yes.

:laugh:

That's a great mental image.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Returns in the playoffs are always a good spark, especially when behind.

I think this stuff really matters, and I feel more positive knowing he will come back tonight. Its just a nice boost.

BarbaraAlphanse

The lines i'm interested in seeing tonight:

Kreider-Stepan-MSL
Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Poo-Brass-Zucc
Boyle-Moore-Carcillo

McD-G
Staal-Stralsy
Diaz-Klein

Hank

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Thank you TeamStewie!

I couldn't think of another way for me to argue an inherent aspect of the game that is obvious.

Well, we should probably just forfeit then. It's just not worth risking the temporary health of the players. See you guys next season when we forfeit opening night because it's simply too dangerous.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Sure they do.

I would and make no bones about it.

I know a player is coming back from a knee injury, I'm a hacking and a whacking at it as mush as I can get away with.

A guys coming back from shoulder injury? I'm hitting him up high every chance I get.

A guy with a hand injury? he's getting slashed on the gloves 100%

As for the 2nd bolded comment.

Did you not see Staal cross check Sid in the back of his head? If that is not going after Sid's dome, I don't know what to tell you.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1664499

Maybe it's not one of my better posts but be that as it may I don't think if Kreider is 90% or more that there is a particular danger of re-injury here. I don't see the point either of sitting him out if he's that healthy--there is a whole summer ahead of us and the Rangers could use his size and speed now.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Well, we should probably just forfeit then. It's just not worth risking the temporary health of the players. See you guys next season when we forfeit opening night because it's simply too dangerous.

Almost there...darn!

Although your point did tangentially touch the point I addressed, this response ricocheted so far from what was being said, it was quickly out of reach.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i think JT Miller should play over Carcillo and Dorsett.

IMHO Miller has a future with this team going forward...this experience could be good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad