• Jonathan Quick

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I recommend taking a glance on the Habs GDT (not all of it lol, just around the goals). Might be a bit of enlightening read for some here. On topics such as shitting on Mika, trading Kakko, youth production etc. Like, for a comparison of the state of things.
Habs fan here and I think you guys have a strong team with plenty of firepower, I like Adam Fox and hope that our prospect(Lane Hutson) can end up being a similar player.

Is this post AI-generated
Nope lol. I watched it happen and was curious. I looked for an injury thread on your board and didn't see one but I'm old and often miss things.

Reactions: bhamill and tlk

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Habs fan here and I think you guys have a strong team with plenty of firepower, I like Adam Fox and hope that our prospect(Lane Hutson) can end up being a similar player.
Had a few giggles skimming thru the Habs GDT ngl. Saw many mentions of Hutson too.

Wheeler is hurt pretty bad it seems. Probably not as bad as Sergachyov, but it's details. Both are hurt badly.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Had a few giggles skimming thru the Habs GDT ngl. Saw many mentions of Hutson too.

Wheeler is hurt pretty bad it seems. Probably not as bad as Sergachyov, but it's details. Both are hurt badly.
We have a good time in GDT's, we know our team is shit but most of us don't even care. We only watch to see Slaf, CC and Suzuki, the rest of the team is AHL caliber.

Reactions: tlk and kovazub94

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Yeah, that would really piss me off if that happened to my team - in the finals. At the end of the day I'm not claiming systematic bias against one team.

I just wish the league would have more integrity. I get it they want scoring up. But you don't do that by allowing the goalie to be interfered with when he's trying to make a save. And by the way, I don't only complain about it when it happens against my team. I complain about it for every team. The selective enforcement of goaltending interference has been a joke. But this is a league that publicly stated: "We don't want to have universal suspesion lengths for transgressions, because if we did that then star players may get long suspensions and be out for too long. That would hurt our bottom line."
I agree wholeheartedly & my response wasn't aimed at you specifically, it was aimed at the league.

I'm all for a zero tolerance interference with the goaltender rule. I know that the whole "skate in the crease" deal was ridiculous, but anytime a player contacts a goalie, when not pushed in, should be a non goal.

Not a penalty necessarily... but not a goal.

Actually ALLOW the goalie to do his job.

Reactions: Larrybiv

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
I believe this is correct. I really hate the rule though. A delayed penalty shouldn’t be treated as a power play. In my humble opinion.

Yeah, it's true.

The historical assumption behind the rule is that the penalty negated a scoring chance, but if the play results in a goal then the penalty didn't negate anything hence not calling it. Same logic applied to why a missed penalty shot doesn't lead to a powerplay. Penalty on the breakaway denied the breakaway, player gets a free breakaway (penalty shot), so if they miss, they wouldn't have scored anyway.

To the original poster's point, the only time a penalty is still called is when there is a delayed penalty on an already shorthanded team due to a minor penalty. Scoring a PPG ends the power play due to the original penalty, but the second penalty is still called. The only exception to this is if the PPG is scored on a 5 minute major powerplay, then the PPG wipes out the minor that hasn't been called yet instead, rather than putting the other team down 2 men and a goal.

I think they might have gotten confused though as that rule only comes into play when the team on the PP scores, not when the shorthanded team scores.

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Weird little quirk. Last year 54 games in were in game 6 of a 7 game winning streak. We have won 6 in a row. Quite the coincidence.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Vesey is about to get all the smoke from the fan base now.

Happened last year when he bumped up to play higher in the lineup during Kane watch. He won’t deserve it but it’s a lock to happen.
Im not sure what you mean by "smoke". Do you mean ragging? If so, I get the feeling that he is being supported by literally everyone here. Vesey Part deux, is a very acceptable hockey player. That's what that line needs, someone willing to give his everything. Mika is just now turning it up, and how can you complain about Kreiders production? They could do more, and Vesey will help retrieve pucks.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Who ever heard of Ranger fans constantly putting Zib down, whose probably the best trade they’ve ever made and who plays both ends. What kind of Ranger fan constantly puts a player like that down? There are people commenting when they’re down 1-0 like they root for some terrible team. Do any feel foolish looking at their record and acting like that game after game? I’d be embarrassed, that’s me. That being said, did they play great tonight? No they didn’t.
Makes me sick. Has he had a GREAT season, no. Are there 29 games left and the most important PO opportunity to shine? Yes. We will see. A shining Mika and Panatin can bring wonderful things.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I agree wholeheartedly & my response wasn't aimed at you specifically, it was aimed at the league.

I'm all for a zero tolerance interference with the goaltender rule. I know that the whole "skate in the crease" deal was ridiculous, but anytime a player contacts a goalie, when not pushed in, should be a non goal.

Not a penalty necessarily... but not a goal.

Actually ALLOW the goalie to do his job.
Agree wholeheartedly. Go tending is difficult enough trying to stop a puck with players all around you. But when you're focused on the shooter or the possible pass, the last thing you need is someone knocking your elbow and throwing off your concentration. Or somebody slamming into your pads which may/might make you lose balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln