Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov Loaned to Traktor Chelyabinsk

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
We don’t need to go 40+ years in the past for examples though, China not only being allowed to participate, but host the Olympics less than a month ago. I think most people would agree China is the significantly more brutal dictatorship than Russia, and they are currently guilty of committing genocide. Not to mention the global pandemic they just gave us. Is it that they feel they have more money to be made with China, that they get a pass? We also participate with many countries who have brutal human rights abuses to LGBT people. Sure our side of the world may think what Putin is doing in Ukraine is evil, there are many who think what the US does with their military interventions are evil too. Should they all ban us from events? It’s also a slippery slope, we’ve already seen sporting events cancelled in certain states because they disagree with some policies of said state. I don’t like where this is heading.

What does banning them from the IIHF accomplish? Do you think all these 18-20 year old kids are going to think yea I hate Putin now? Or will they feel increasingly ostracized by the West and feel even more nationalistic and think they are the victim? These kids did nothing wrong, it is an ugly precedent.

REGARDLESS of where we fall on this issue though, this is the Kravtsov thread! This thread is to discuss the greatest prospect in hockey, not geopolitics. I’m glad that it has been very respectful thus far and hasn’t devolved into shouting matches but we should stop while we’re ahead. Kravtsov hasn’t spoke on any of these issues and people are posting a lot of things that have nothing to do with him
Maybe using the Charmin-soft "sanctions" (e.g. no use of national flag or official country names) that corrupt organizations like the IOC and FIFA have placed on Russia shouldn't be the benchmark that we use for determining future courses of action.

You don't seem to understand the importance of isolating Russia on the global stage. It's important from a financial and diplomatic standpoint, but we also all know how much sports bleeds over into both of those arenas, so universal condemnation from sports governing bodies is part of it as well, especially given how meaningful they are to Putin himself. He wouldn't have instituted a state-sponsored doping program if he didn't see value in putting forth a good showing on the international athletics stage.

And please, enough of this slippery slope nonsense. A maniacal dictator is blindly marching us towards WW3 by invading a sovereign nation and threatening nuclear war. Pretending that this is a gray area is either ignorant, disingenous, or both.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
For decades, South Africa was excluded from ANY international event due to Apartheid.
Great success! Now they're one big Soweto. Probably crap at everything that not still run by the Afrikaners.
I'll get my coat.
corbyn2-scaled.jpg

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Great success! Now they're one big Soweto. Probably crap at everything that not still run by the Afrikaners.
I'll get my coat.
corbyn2-scaled.jpg

Having lived in South Africa for 5 years, I have seen up close what Apartheid did to that country, and believe it or not: Both positive and negative. I will never argue the global boycott of the country over that as it was the right move but if I had to choose and ban only one, between banning South Africa over that, or banning Russia for undermining the sovereignty of another country by invading them without cause, I'd ban Russia because what they did is worse.

I can't believe we all have to spell this out in 2022 for the one or two people who still don't get it due to their undying love for a player. Newsflash: Kravtsov wasn't going to play in any of those tournaments anyway :laugh:

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I can't believe we all have to spell this out in 2022 for the one or two people who still don't get it due to their undying love for a player. Newsflash: Kravtsov wasn't going to play in any of those tournaments anyway
I surely don't tie Krav's situation to even these severe geopolitical tremors. Call me a nihilist))
He'll be alright. Not worse off at least.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Should he decide to return to the Rangers, is his visa situation good?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Should he decide to return to the Rangers, is his visa situation good?

He was given a 3 year visa on July 1st, 2019 (when he signed his ELC). This would only be a problem for players who signed their ELC and had it slide as that would result in their visa expiring before their ELC does, and needing an extension (Chytil in 2020 is an example).

Kravtsov should be good though since the visa was processed prior to the conflict and I expect them to honor existing visas.

Last edited:

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
We don’t need to go 40+ years in the past for examples though, China not only being allowed to participate, but host the Olympics less than a month ago. I think most people would agree China is the significantly more brutal dictatorship than Russia, and they are currently guilty of committing genocide. Not to mention the global pandemic they just gave us. Is it that they feel they have more money to be made with China, that they get a pass? We also participate with many countries who have brutal human rights abuses to LGBT people. Sure our side of the world may think what Putin is doing in Ukraine is evil, there are many who think what the US does with their military interventions are evil too. Should they all ban us from events? It’s also a slippery slope, we’ve already seen sporting events cancelled in certain states because they disagree with some policies of said state. I don’t like where this is heading.

What does banning them from the IIHF accomplish? Do you think all these 18-20 year old kids are going to think yea I hate Putin now? Or will they feel increasingly ostracized by the West and feel even more nationalistic and think they are the victim? These kids did nothing wrong, it is an ugly precedent.

REGARDLESS of where we fall on this issue though, this is the Kravtsov thread! This thread is to discuss the greatest prospect in hockey, not geopolitics. I’m glad that it has been very respectful thus far and hasn’t devolved into shouting matches but we should stop while we’re ahead. Kravtsov hasn’t spoke on any of these issues and people are posting a lot of things that have nothing to do with him
you seem to misunderstand that the Olympic selection committee is not beholden to the standard of fair play and Olympic spirit. They are beholden to lining their deep pockets and getting as much money as possible for selecting whomever city bribes them the most. They are probably worse than all the FIFA corruptioin.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
you seem to misunderstand that the Olympic selection committee is not beholden to the standard of fair play and Olympic spirit. They are beholden to lining their deep pockets and getting as much money as possible for selecting whomever city bribes them the most. They are probably worse than all the FIFA corruptioin.

Yeah, but corruption is the only way his favorite nation gets to play.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The US just banned all flights from Russia this evening. Hold onto him at this point. He won't be able to come to the NHL anytime soon, if at all ever.

Reactions: mas0764

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Perhaps he can get a connecting flight through Mexico? Mexico isn’t sanctioning Russia at all.

I saw a segment on the news, the train from St P to Helsinki was full about a week in advance. Borders aren't closed and probably won't be. You can drive from St P to Helsinki. 4 hour drive? I am sure its the same vs all other European countries with borders against Russia (Polen for example), and definitely the same on the Asian side.

I was about to write that the borders probably never will close, since there just is too big of an exchange of students/workers, but then thought of the pandemic. Who knows, it is not even a big change if they closed the borders now.

Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Nothing like bolting to a league where you’re playing the fourth fewest minutes on your team in a tight game 1 playoff win.

It's amazing what you pick up on when you actually watch the game and realize Traktor spent a total of 14 minutes on the PK, which Kravtsov isn't a part of. That leaves 46 minutes of even strength+powerplay time. Kravtsov played close to 15 of those 46 minutes.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
It's amazing what you pick up on when you actually watch the game and realize Traktor spent a total of 14 minutes on the PK, which Kravtsov isn't a part of. That leaves 46 minutes of even strength+powerplay time. Kravtsov played close to 15 of those 46 minutes.
Also Traktor relies heavily on their Czech top line. BTW which *might* become a problem... in more ways than one now.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad