Proposal: Kravtsov for Kaut

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
do not want the deal
and

he is only not on the rangers b'c they TEMPORARILY needed to send somebody down to not loose Hajek for nothing.
The coach basically said the opposite. He was sent because he didn't make the team. Whether Krav should have made the team or not is a different argument. He didn't make it and refused to report to the AHL. He's getting suspended and can seek a trade.

Reactions: Ciao

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The coach basically said the opposite. He was sent because he didn't make the team. Whether Krav should have made the team or not is a different argument. He didn't make it and refused to report to the AHL. He's getting suspended and can seek a trade.
What is Gallant supposed to say? Make no mistake, the Rangers objective here is to move Gauthier and/or Hajek. Kravtsov is collateral damage.

Reactions: bernmeister

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We also have Bowers, but I would consider something around Foudy if Georgiev can come back to the Avs too
I don’t have an issue moving Georgiev if the Rangers can find another fill-in at backup (not necessarily from Colorado)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Someone else.

Kaut’s biggest issue is coach Bednar’s love of crappy career AHL nobodies in their late 20s. He’ll play some garbage player like Megna or Sherwood on the 4th line over a Kaut or Bowers 110 times in 100. Never works but why not bench a Newhook for a totally washed up Sods.

This is Bednar’s favorite roster move. Age and vet status over ability.

Not someone else. Kaut has/had a heart condition and it scared some teams away from drafting him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Also as for the deal, I dont do this as an Avs fan and I'm not high on Kaut at all. I dont like Kravtsov and especially do not like the attitude of a 21 year old kid to ask for a trade out of an organization simply because he didn't make the team.

That's a big no thanks to me. Would much rather looks elsewhere for a prospect swap deal involving Kaut.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
What is Gallant supposed to say? Make no mistake, the Rangers objective here is to move Gauthier and/or Hajek. Kravtsov is collateral damage.
The value for Hajek is very minimal. Krav didn't have a top 6 winger spot and didn't beat anybody out for a bottom 6 role when you consider how Gallant wants that bottom 6 to play so I don't really think Gallant was just bs'ing . Collateral damage or not, Krav doesn't throw a fit about reporting to the AHL if this is a temp move.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The value for Hajek is very minimal. Krav didn't have a top 6 winger spot and didn't beat anybody out for a bottom 6 role when you consider how Gallant wants that bottom 6 to play so I don't really think Gallant was just bs'ing . Collateral damage or not, Krav doesn't throw a fit about reporting to the AHL if this is a temp move.
Gallant BS’ed about naming a captain, why wouldn’t he BS about this? Didn’t Gallant say something along the lines of ‘I don’t tell the truth all the time’ recently? Rightfully or wrongfully, doesn’t change that coach isn’t the most reliable narrator (which is fine because he doesn’t have to be)

Especially if it could effect the value of the players involved. Kravtsov doesn’t throw a fit if he is in New York instead of Connecticut, and the cat is obviously out of the bag their so that’s blown up either way.

Reactions: bernmeister

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Their NHL track records are near identical. Age is identical. The one year they both played in the AHL at the same time their stats were near identical. Drafted 7 spots apart. It makes sense from a change of scenery perspective however Kravtsov likely doesn’t make the Avs either so it doesn’t really make sense. Plus with the Rangers abundance of wingers they probably don’t care for Kaut either.

Value wise it makes perfect sense. Personnel wise it probably doesn’t.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

I don’t have an issue moving Georgiev if the Rangers can find another fill-in at backup (not necessarily from Colorado)

coach is doing company PR here
obv if Hajek dealt -- not possible for anything while rosters in flux -- K would still be here.
Hajek will not return a lot, likely a sweetener in a bigger deal
but obv club thinks he would get claimed.

And THAT is the thing
if no risk or waivers, Hajek would be in the A right now.

Rangers are not taking a loss on this guy.
Unlike Lias Andersson, K is a real talent

Rangers need to asap --- ie first good offer on the table, don't delay waiting for possible higher offer --- move Strome, Geo, Hajek who do not fit long term. We are not married to Krav but should not be moving him at a discount.

We can move on from Kinkaid too if he is garners interest.
Huska looks like sufficient stopgap this season, Wall is the future until someone emerges to claim that from him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad