Proposal: Kravtsov for Kaut

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I thought Kaut was looking like he was going to make the team this season, that he was looking good in camp. Is that not the case?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
He didn't have a good camp but also had an injury. He's going to play in the AHL and is perfectly fine with it. We can't guarantee kravstov a NHL deal though so not sure if this helps us.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Why not. Both talented players that look the part at times. But it’s not happening for them at their respective franchises.

maybe Avs win another Ryan Graves change of scenery type trades with the Rangers.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'd be open to this, or really any prospect spot.

Bednar doesn't like Kaut for whatever reason, so he won't ever get a chance with the Avs.

Reactions: Rumplesnipeskin

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Didn't Kaut have a heart condition or am I thinking of someone else
Someone else.

Kaut’s biggest issue is coach Bednar’s love of crappy career AHL nobodies in their late 20s. He’ll play some garbage player like Megna or Sherwood on the 4th line over a Kaut or Bowers 110 times in 100. Never works but why not bench a Newhook for a totally washed up Sods.

This is Bednar’s favorite roster move. Age and vet status over ability.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemonlimey

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Someone else.

Kaut’s biggest issue is coach Bednar’s love of crappy career AHL nobodies in their late 20s. He’ll play some garbage player like Megna or Sherwood on the 4th line over a Kaut or Bowers 110 times in 100. Never works but why not bench a Newhook for a totally washed up Sods.

This is Bednar’s favorite roster move. Age and vet status over ability.
ah. well tbf thats pretty much all coaches

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Would be a nice change of scenery trade, if Krav could deal with having to work for a spot. He would probably get a fair shake with the Avs current roster.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'd aim for someone with a bit more comparable offensive upside to Kravtsov but there are too many guys from that class who could use a fresh start for him not to get swapped with one of em.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Kravtsov was the player I was really hoping for in that draft so I’d be all over this trade. Kaut put up good numbers in the A last year and is progressing well overall but his skating ability makes him not the best fit for bednars system

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Didn't Kaut have a heart condition or am I thinking of someone else

He had a minor corrective surgery if I’m remembering correctly. No issues since.

I think Krastov makes the Avs over Kaut because of Bednar’s desire for big fast forwards. I think Kaut is a more cerebral player than Krastov, but might not have the same physical tools. I would add a 2023 third to sweeten the deal to snag Krastov. I think Kaut would be fine playing in the AHL and happy to get a shot with a new org. Krastov will likely get a shot at the top 9 with Colorado, possibly even the second line. This is more due to a huge drop in depth to the Avs. I think Kaut is a better option than a lot of what is on the current Avs roster (Helm, Ranta and possibly LOC), but they all have speed and thus take the roster spot.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Just trade
Kravtsov

for “fill in blank”.

this guy has been offered around the village more than …

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Just trade
Kravtsov

for “fill in blank”.

this guy has been offered around the village more than …
yo momma?

With Kravtsov shopping himself around there needs to be a thread all about him. May the highest bidder win.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
do not want the deal
and

he is only not on the rangers b'c they TEMPORARILY needed to send somebody down to not loose Hajek for nothing.

Seems like that's working out considering he seems to now be wanting out permanently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad