Proposal: Kravtsov for Hayton

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
The bigger question is how the hell did Hayton NOT make the Coyotes...

He got injured early in camp and missed most of it. He looked very good before he got injured and Bill Armstrong recently said he liked what Hayton did before getting hurt and really liked how Hayton trained in the off season.

I wouldn't do this trade from the Yotes side. Rather see Hayton away from Tocchet jerking him around.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
This is the only fair proposal I’ve seen and seems like Yotes fans are willing. Kravtsov gets a top 6 role to succeed in, Hayton gets reunited with Lafreniere

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
As an Islanders fan I thank both these teams for allowing Wahlstrom and more importantly Dobson fall to us :P
I really wanted to trade 5 + our 2nd for 10 and 11 to draft Wahlstrom and Dobson, both I had rated top 5. Hayton was 9 and Kravtsov was in the 20s. I was fine with Hayton because it wasn't a big reach to me and I didn't like Zadina that much. You guys had a great draft that year though, I remember being envious.

Last edited:

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
This is bad for Arizona.

Kravtsov wants out and hasn't looked good.

Hayton doesn't want out and hasn't looked bad.
I don't think Kravstov looked bad either. NYR already has their top 6 wingers set and wants grit in the bottom 6. They already have 2 very green wingers in Lafreniere and Kakko, then add Kreider and Panarin.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
But aren't we all sad we didn't draft Farabee?! Screw Dobson and Wahlstrom, they have absolutely nothing on this guy.
Absolutely! I wanted Farabee in that draft, not because I'm some genius, but because some other posters on the Rangers board convinced me. I actually didn't really "like" any of the players in that draft other than Farabee. Still can't root against him even though he's a Flyer.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This is bad for Arizona.

Hayton doesn't want out and hasn't looked bad

What? I mean, I understand wanting out and not wanting out, but why use the "hasn't looked good" for one player when that same player hasn't looked bad either? Krav didn't look bad.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Rangers pulled the plug on Lias Andersson just over a year ago. Hayton would be more of the same, wouldn't he?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
This is bad for Arizona.

Hayton doesn't want out and hasn't looked bad.

Not true. Kravtsov could step into the top 9 right now and play. He had an injury in the preseason and missed some games. Then he came back scored a PP goal, and was solid.
He’s more of a victim of the numbers game right now.
He’s not going to play over kreider/kakko in top 6
And not the type they want in the bottom 6.
nyr RE looks like
Kreider
Kakko
Blais/Goodrow
Reaves
There’s no point in Kravtsov getting minimal bottom 6 minutes with no PP time. He’s a skill player. That’s the whole reason he wants out. He knows he’s good enough to play, but he’s crying because he wants an easier path to the NHl.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Not true. Kravtsov could step into the top 9 right now and play. He had an injury in the preseason and missed some games. Then he came back scored a PP goal, and was solid.
He’s more of a victim of the numbers game right now.
He’s not going to play over kreider/kakko in top 6
And not the type they want in the bottom 6.
nyr RE looks like
Kreider
Kakko
Blais/Goodrow
Reaves
There’s no point in Kravtsov getting minimal bottom 6 minutes with no PP time. He’s a skill player. That’s the whole reason he wants out. He knows he’s good enough to play, but he’s crying because he wants an easier path to the NHl.
Hayton got hurt in the second preseason game and didn’t play the rest. He started really strong and I expect he’ll be with the Yotes before Thanksgiving.

Reactions: jay from jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad