Post-Game Talk: Kraken 4 - Jets 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This is how I saw it as well. Morrissey continued to take matters into his own hands. He and Lowry's line were the best tonight. Don't like Namesnikov and Iafallo in the top 6.

They aren't top 6 players. Only so long you can masquerade as one before your true ability shines through.

Thought Cole started doing more with the puck the back half of the game but he's still fighting confidence a bit. Hope he can get that sorted out as we may need him in the top 6 again before too long.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Seattle countered the heck out of us tonight. They were able to get guys behind our d all night and they got a couple of goals as a result of their transition game.

We played fine but the chances we gave up were grade A chances.

Didn't care for the top 6 effort tonight. Top line scored on their one grade A chance but didn't generate much else. Second line had a great first two shifts but then faded right out of the game.

Third line was great and fourth line was meh.

Helle wasn't sharp.
The second line is basically 4v5 on offense with Iafallo. Somethings to be said about offensive IQ or instinct bc I haven't seen them from him.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
They aren't top 6 players. Only so long you can masquerade as one before your true ability shines through.

Thought Cole started doing more with the puck the back half of the game but he's still fighting confidence a bit. Hope he can get that sorted out as we may need him in the top 6 again before too long.
which is exactly why we need to go out and get somebody tomorrow, they are good plays that can play up for a game or 2 but aren't long term solutions and with vilardi getting hurt often we will need somebody to at least keep one of them out of our top 6

Reactions: Jets 31

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
BUT THEY FLEW IN AT THREE O'CLOCK!!!! :cry:
Check out time was noon. They probably got 15 minutes extra sleep in the hotel lobby chairs before getting booted out. Then they got lost in the underground hell-hole but finally found a coffee shop at TNSE. Fools and Horses was out of croissants though.

Can’t win them all … Seattle is 0-6 at CLC they were due for some bounces.
I read on TSN that they were 1-3-2.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
A game like tonight could of used another scorer on the top two lines, Chevy has some work to do as you can bet other contenders are going to try to load up, Stanley Cup is wide open this year no clear cut favourite.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
So, since last game people liked to say "we won, so the 3rd period moves were de facto the right decision" can we now say "we lost, so having Ehlers off the top line was de facto the wrong decision"?

No. Because that would be ridiculous.
Billeck went through the Jets games and they are apparently 19-4-3 when ehlers starts on the 1st line (not sure how he's doing with games like Carolina or Buffalo though)

I agree with you though the top line wasnt bad tonight. It'd be ridiculous as you say.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
This is how I saw it as well. Morrissey continued to take matters into his own hands. He and Lowry's line were the best tonight. Don't like Namesnikov and Iafallo in the top 6.
Namestnikov I think you can get by in the top 6. Through 40+ games he was performing fine at 2C

Iafallo on the other hand. What has he done since gm 15 onward?

Ppl want to shit on Perfetti's drought, or Ehlers or Connor or Appleton.... Iafallo has gone 20 and 18 games without a goal, primarily in the top 6 and pp time, & crickets on here comparatively. Tsk tsk HF. Sorry, this guy isn't Hyman, Palat or Nichushkin type of 2-way player. He's lost on offense.

Last edited:

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
It's probably not a good idea to finish third. Does that mean Chevy makes a move? Who knows.

Namestnikov I think you can get by in the top 6. Through 40+ games he was performing fine at 2C

Iafallo on the other hand. What has he done since gm 15 onward?

Ppl want to shit on Perfetti's drought, or Ehlers or Connor or Appleton.... Iafallo has gone 20 and 18 games without a goal, primarily in the top 6 and pp time. Sorry, this guy isn't Hyman, Palat or Nichushkin type of 2-way player. He's lost on offense.
I'll tell you what I think. It's too late to make any major moves. Chevy will stay the course.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Well there goes 1 game in hand. Helle kinda smelly tonight. Way too far in his net on the 4th goal. He's been kinda meh as of late.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777 and GNP

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It's probably not a good idea to finish third. Does that mean Chevy makes a move? Who knows.

I'll tell you what I think. It's too late to make any major moves. Chevy will stay the course.
it's too late to grab a winger?

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Disappointing result, especially playing a tired team that arrived at 3:00am. Can't win them all, but should have won this one. I give the game three "Frasier Cranes" out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the rematch on Friday has been posted for your guesses. Don't forget to sign up for a GDT! You sure had lots of energy posting earlier today, so why not use that energy creatively to make a GDT? See you on Friday! Good night all...

giphy.gif

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Billeck went through the Jets games and they are apparently 19-4-3 when ehlers starts on the 1st line (not sure how he's doing with games like Carolina or Buffalo though)

I agree with you though the top line wasnt bad tonight. It'd be ridiculous as you say.
It’s never going to stop the Ehlers Connor debate is it?
Ehlers did start the game tonight right … so now the record is 19-5-3

Reactions: KingBogo

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Getting a 2nd line wing isn't a major move.

Reactions: gojetsgo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad