Boston Globe KPD: Should the Bruins make bold move to try to acquire No. 1 draft pick from Blackhawks?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
What KDP should have proposed is what #1c that is currently in the NHL below the age of 25 could the Bruins get with that package?

That is the real question...
What I am waiting for KPD to explain is why Ullmark would have Chicago on his list with his MNTC and spend the last two years of his deal there and greatly reducing his earning capacity on his next deal.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Until Bedard plays game in the NHL I would hold off on calling him a generational talent, odds are he won't be. Far and few between.

Plus give me a team of solid players sprinkled in with a few stars and a good coach and Im good.

Generational talents are equivalent to me of winning the president trophy every year ,lots of goals and points and highlights on TSN but not many championships.

Chicago will be lucky if he's as good as Mathews.
lol

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Generational talents (depending on your definition) never fail unless due to injury. Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux, Lindros, Crosby, McDavid. To me, those are the generational players I have seen in my lifetime. I didn't need to see Howie Morenz or Eddie Shore or Rocket Richard to know they were the generational players of their era. (I'm not as old as @Gee Wally)

I think the term generational is used to loosely. Sometimes, elite talent gets tagged as generational. Nathan MacKinnon sometimes gets tagged with that (mostly by Avs fans and media). Generational is suppose to be a player that comes around once in a generation. Yet, we were lucky enough to see Gretzky/Lemieux and Crosby/McDavid and soon to be McDavid/Bedard.

But you're right, Bedard can be the first to fail at the NHL level. But we know how good he is now and I certainly would not bet against him.
Poor @Gee Wally. Having a nice spring weekend I hope. Regardless, @DominicT comes in out of nowhere and throws a massive amount of shade Wally’s way. To me, it was totally unprovoked as well.

What next Dom??? You going to ask Wally what it was like before the Zamboni came into being?

10 minute misconduct for Unsportsmanlike if you ask me………

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Poor @Gee Wally. Having a nice spring weekend I hope. Regardless, @DominicT comes in out of nowhere and throws a massive amount of shade Wally’s way. To me, it was totally unprovoked as well.

What next Dom??? You going to ask Wally what it was like before the Zamboni came into being?

10 minute misconduct for Unsportsmanlike if you ask me………

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i like dupes, but this is one of his usual random pieces that will never come to fruition. he likes to toss out
a lot of really off the wall stuff as a different angle, which is fine - he certainly got the clicks. just never
was into that "this would be cool but will never happen" stuff.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Just need one or two posters who think this is a good trade for Chicago and a few more to doubt Bedard's potential and we got a 1000 post thread on our hands.
No what would be more typical is the Bruins pull off a crazy trade getting rid of Mac and Pasta and something for the #1 and he ends up being Nail Yakupov. :laugh:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
After losing Toews and Kane, Bedard will be the new face of that franchise. No one in that proposal from Boston is on that level.

If McAvoy and DeBrusk were 3 years younger and Swayman was included instead of Ullmark, it might be close value-wise, but that still doesn't mean it makes sense for Chicago in regards to where they are at currently as an organization.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I dont think it's such a bad offer.
:laugh:

Okey doke.

I’m thinking there are some folks here who haven’t followed Bedard’s junior career. Only question mark to me is whether or not he dethrones McDavid.

If he stays healthy, anything less than generational would be stunning. But sure… Ryder, Halak and a 2nd. :laugh:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
After losing Toews and Kane, Bedard will be the new face of that franchise. No one in that proposal from Boston is on that level.

If McAvoy and DeBrusk were 3 years younger and Swayman was included instead of Ullmark, it might be close value-wise, but that still doesn't mean it makes sense for Chicago in regards to where they are at currently as an organization.
Bedard is about to become the new face of the NHL, let alone the Blackhawks.

The league struggles with McDavid as the face as he has less charisma than Ted Cruz. Bedard is Crosby-like in how he comes across to the media. Natural, driven and seems to really love the sport.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Man, this dude really has lost his fastball. I mean, he's been jaded as f*** for a long time now, but he's posting absolute insanity at this point. Time for Kevin to hang up his typewriter, he's clearly cooked.

Yes.

I'm not sure how you hang up a typewriter, but KPD was "clearly cooked" 20 ans ago. The guy is a hack, and has been forever. Hence stupid article's like this.

I don't know who he thinks he's reaching, as there are few "casual" Bruins fans. Those who follow fanatically are, uh, unlikley to entertain this garbage.

LOOSAH.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
KPD start playing video games of something?

No.

He's an old, cyncial f*** that gave up 20 + years ago.

I suspect Kevin is a decent person, but like CHB, he's a hack, and always has been.

The Globe has several good hockey scribes. And they're under the cap.

Why they don't deploy them rather than the sclerotic KPD, mystifies.

They brought him back after Fluto jumped ship to The Athletic, a precipitous move that has proved unhappy for all involved.

(I'm still waiting for an explanation, never mind attribution/sourccing, per "Pasta won't sign if Sweeney is GM" business, which is JRN 101. After going with the anonymous, incendiary quote (traditionally more forgivable in the Sports section), Shinzawa was radio silence. To my knowledge, Fluto has yet to come clean.

(Not a good look, Fluto. You're a journalist, no?)

Put KPD out to pasture. Glue factory.

Anything but this.

Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad