Boston Globe KPD: Should the Bruins make bold move to try to acquire No. 1 draft pick from Blackhawks?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
John Henry should make bold move of shutting down the Globe at this point.
Why would he shut down the John Henry propaganda machine , he bought the "MACHINE " to spread their bs and control what they write about his teams and investments , what many for get is that many at the Globe were against him buying the Red Sox ,Will McDonough , Peter Gammons and others ...........

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
And people wonder why KPD writes these articles or why Felger and mazz embellish things on air to work people up. It just results in these big discussions

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Fluto learned his hockey hackery at the foot of the master. Dupont had Axelsson on the trading block almost every few months of his career, for just one of many, many examples. This ridiculous trade that Chicago would never make for Bedard, so it's not even worth contemplating, is just the latest example. What does it mean that the Globe has such strong baseball and football coverage side by side with such lame hockey writers?

Reactions: TCB

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I wonder if the Oilers would be ready to retool a bit after their latest elimination.

A hockey trade between EDM and BOS around CM73 and LD29 could be interesting...

I don’t think we could pry Drai from them.

They’ll never trade him or Connor no matter the cost

Same with Bedard—zero chance they dish that pick unless we give them something incredibly lopsided. It’s just sort of an exercise in futility

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
No one is denying that. Its fact. But in Bedard the talk is generational talent not just a first overall pick.
I wasn't talking about your typical first overall pick, (the Owen Nolan's, Taylor Hall's, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins' of the world), I was talking about the hugely hyped, "next all-time great", "can't miss", picks that didn't pan out.

The hype for Daigle was huge. No different at all from Bedard. Teams accused of tanking to get him, (to the point of an NHL investigation that led to the creation of the lottery). Ottawa giving him the largest entry contract ever, leading to the rookie salary cap, teams trying to trade established stars for the pick, on and on.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I wasn't talking about your typical first overall pick, (the Owen Nolan's, Taylor Hall's, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins' of the world), I was talking about the hugely hyped, "next all-time great", "can't miss", picks that didn't pan out.

The hype for Daigle was huge. No different at all from Bedard. Teams accused of tanking to get him, (to the point of an NHL investigation that led to the creation of the lottery). Ottawa giving him the largest entry contract ever, leading to the rookie salary cap, teams trying to trade established stars for the pick, on and on.
Gord Kluzak (cough, cough) was billed as our “Can’t Miss Kid” (that was also a headline in sports section of Herald at the time I recall).

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I’m sorry but there is a chasm between Daigle in his draft year and Bedard.

You’re right that there are no guarantees. But I guarantee you: Bedard ain’t no Alex Daigle.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Just throw JDB in there; no one can match that! Yeah, that's the ticket.

Christ. I hated KDP's shit since I was 10 and reading the Sunday Globe sports section at my parents' kitchen table, but this one is up there with the worst of 'em. This even beats his suggestion that goalies use skater's sticks to drive up goal scoring.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
As for Charlie for Drai, no.......Charlie has his struggles with a hard, fast forecheck but is good and tough. That trade makes us much worse in an area we need to improve.

1 for 1?!

I'll drive McAvoy all the way to Edmonton for that deal if thats all it took to get Draisaitl. Draisaitl and Pastrnak together would be a cheat code and you'd still have Lindholm, Carlo and Gryz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad